Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2015 | 03:59 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Thanks for the pic's Dave. You need to post the one of you with the big dumb grin behind the steering wheel (......meaning of happiness........)

You need to do retro green dials like on a SWB car......
I was making engine noises too
Old 03-07-2015 | 04:13 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by RS ZWEI
Congrats Doug, it must be awesome to have her back.
Thanks, sure is
Old 03-07-2015 | 04:18 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Finally fixed uploading videos to YouTube problem from my iPhone. Thanks Google.

Turn the volume up. Lola's new sound from the secondary bypass plus walk around

(Hope this works)
Old 03-07-2015 | 05:10 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Edit - Hell Yeah - $150K and 13 YEARS Later............

I'm a bit pumped on the long hoods this avo having read Dave's thread. I need to take a cold shower........

Mind you -if it's a project car - why can't it take 5-10 years........ (As long as it's your second Pcar......)
There looks to be about 5 or 6 project cars looking for a starter in Steve's shop. I'm pioneering this for you guys and so far so good. I see a project in your future Paul.
Old 03-07-2015 | 05:52 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Maxem
There looks to be about 5 or 6 project cars looking for a starter in Steve's shop. I'm pioneering this for you guys and so far so good. I see a project in your future Paul.
What's your pick of those 5-6 Dave?
Old 03-07-2015 | 05:55 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by O2GO
Waxed and happy
Been a good day eh!! Has been a long time coming but must feel good to have the stable full again. Only problem is deciding what to drive and when! Now stay out of the way of errant merc drivers and standing water...
Old 03-07-2015 | 05:59 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Originally Posted by peterC2S
What's your pick of those 5-6 Dave?
The yellow 911S is the top pick but I doubt that could be wrangled from Steve.
Not so much a Targa fan myself but a red longhood. I could warm up to one of those if set up right. I think any car can look good if it sits right. And a few Impact bumper cars that would look good as IROC's.
One that I'd like to see come to fruition is Dan's narrow body impact bumper 912. Well planted, 15" fuchs with chubby tyres and a big donk would make that the ultimate sleeper.
Old 03-07-2015 | 06:05 AM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

That's as clean as its going to be for a long time Doug, Nice
Old 03-07-2015 | 06:22 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

A long hood targa would be a member of my dream garage. I'm sure there are better drivers cars from that generation, but I love the classic targa look.
Old 03-07-2015 | 06:28 AM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Got the thread, see you sitting on the shell now, v good pic
Old 03-07-2015 | 02:49 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Been a good day eh!! Has been a long time coming but must feel good to have the stable full again. Only problem is deciding what to drive and when! Now stay out of the way of errant merc drivers and standing water...
You bet. 1st world problems. Was thinking of using Lola as my DD for a little while to reunite with her but weighing up the risk of idiots hitting me maybe not. Looking forward to the April track day. Now how do I get both cars down there :-)

Originally Posted by gt38088
That's as clean as its going to be for a long time Doug, Nice
Unfortunately you are right. Need to go take some keeper photos in the park. Then I can get her dirty again. Pity it is raining today. I'm not naturally a bonnet polisher but enjoyed waxing her while she is so close to perfect. Already got a couple of tiny stone chips on the bumper from yesterday's run.

She's got new paint left guard, bumper, bonnet, right guard, right door, left rear guard, sill trims and shark fins and the rest of the car buffed and polished. So I still have patina on the left/rear side of the car. Something for the future.

I'm now motivated to tidy up the interior. Carpets could do with replacing.

Decided not to install the billet shifter as the 1990-91 shift box is different to 1993- and 993 and didn't want to make it difficult to return to stock. Also leaving the rev counter as is instead of installing a red background in it.
Old 03-07-2015 | 03:50 PM
Leong72
Instructor

Originally Posted by O2GO
Wow Doug, what an inspiring story. I'd read about Lola being worked on at Steve's on this thread but didn't know why till I read your rebuild thread this morning. Sorry to hear about the crash, but good on you for making the best out of it!!. What a great learning experience!!! No doubt you'll be so much more confident working on your car. I think your Dad is really proud of you hence the offer to drive you down.
And cool to post your story. Takes time to research the work you need to do, do the work, take the pics, post them, etc etc, ..... different options for mods.... All takes time. And I guess makes getting Lola back even more rewarding. Well done

I'm in Wellington this morning, catching up with Graeme soon and on the ferry tomorrow morning for this years SITT. Lola's been thru a lot since I saw her last saw her but looks good.
Old 03-07-2015 | 03:59 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nzskater
A long hood targa would be a member of my dream garage. I'm sure there are better drivers cars from that generation, but I love the classic targa look.
That's my thought too - unashamedly about the looks rather than chassis performance - just think the classic Targa's are cool!
Old 03-07-2015 | 04:24 PM
Leong72
Instructor

Originally Posted by nzskater
Go sapphire blue. You need to get the colour that looks good to you when you're outside the car, not the one that looks good to others while you're in.
You're right of course, SB with red really does it for me but I like the white as well, and previous white cars haven't looked too bad dirty. I think blue would definitely be the choice if it were a road car with standard seats, no cage etc. White would probably suit a car with cage and buckets better... I'm getting these as it's primarily a track car - I'm keeping the M5 for family and to tow the bikes. I'd had thoughts that the GT4 could be a daily driver as I imagine every drive to be more exciting and fun than the M5, but while taking two hours to drive from Takapuna to Pakuranga last Friday, that remains to be seen.

Originally Posted by Macca

Leong72. White will look great on the GT4. Better year you can dress it up with decals if you wish (I've resisted Martin stripes on my GT3 to date lol!). We should see a tonne more reviews surfacing this week on the car. All good I'm sure.
Yes . I talked to Patsy about this when she was at the last Trackday in Ron's GT3 so it's on my mind. Definitely more options with white. Looking forward to seeing and listening to Chris Harris's video.
Old 03-07-2015 | 04:41 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by Leong72
Wow Doug, what an inspiring story. I'd read about Lola being worked on at Steve's on this thread but didn't know why till I read your rebuild thread this morning. Sorry to hear about the crash, but good on you for making the best out of it!!. What a great learning experience!!! No doubt you'll be so much more confident working on your car. I think your Dad is really proud of you hence the offer to drive you down. And cool to post your story. Takes time to research the work you need to do, do the work, take the pics, post them, etc etc, ..... different options for mods.... All takes time. And I guess makes getting Lola back even more rewarding. Well done I'm in Wellington this morning, catching up with Graeme soon and on the ferry tomorrow morning for this years SITT. Lola's been thru a lot since I saw her last saw her but looks good.
Thanks Leong. She's really in better shape now than before the off. Taking guards and sills etc off allows for a nice clean up before reinstalling guard liners etc too. I hope you have as good weather for the SITT as we all had last year. Are you taking the M5 again? Have fun catching up with Graeme. Be sure to check out his classic 911

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?