Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 04:53 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by O2GO
Stoked with the job Steve has done on Lola
Awesome stuff Doug! (My apologies for sticking Pete's car in ahead of you in the queue...)
Old 02-28-2015, 09:40 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Kiwi Carguy
Wonder if the wife will notice its not the 993? http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-853372881.htm
That's a great deal. Shame it was registered back in 014 and has some small km on it or I'm sure they could have marketed it as a new car but it's essentially brand new and very highly optioned (would have come in around 295k new). $260k is a good price given what they fetch in AU, SA or UK.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:44 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NZ964C4
Wish I'd called "Tui Ad" on this on page 1444.
Lol! Good call. I managed to find some slow wifi here. Not sure my wife was pleased!
Old 02-28-2015, 02:55 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Obsessed
Awesome stuff Doug! (My apologies for sticking Pete's car in ahead of you in the queue...)
No worries. My target for her to be finished was end of Feb do it has all worked out. Noel has had a couple of weeks off work so that slowed the final bits down a little.

It was great to drive her a few K's with Steve yesterday. 6 months and it felt good.
Old 02-28-2015, 04:31 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

This mornings job; even up the front ride height. I was measuring from ground to bumper corner to get the bumper straight during the front end work and this is no use when the car doesn't sit square. The right side ride height ran 10mm higher than the left which made the bumper probably look more crooked that it was. I didn't realise how easy it was to alter the ride height in the front. There is an 11mm hex head which is accessible from under the car without jacking and this turns the torsion bar cap therefore lowering or raising the car. A good stance is now in place.

Also fitted the rear grille and took off one of the two rear lid gas struts. With no tail it sprung up with force when pulling the release.
Attached Images  
Old 02-28-2015, 04:50 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Maxem
This mornings job; even up the front ride height. I was measuring from ground to bumper corner to get the bumper straight during the front end work and this is no use when the car doesn't sit square. The right side ride height ran 10mm higher than the left which made the bumper probably look more crooked that it was. I didn't realise how easy it was to alter the ride height in the front. There is an 11mm hex head which is accessible from under the car without jacking and this turns the torsion bar cap therefore lowering or raising the car. A good stance is now in place. Also fitted the rear grille and took off one of the two rear lid gas struts. With no tail it sprung up with force when pulling the release.
David. Sometimes these differences were bodywork related not suspension. Did you take a measurement from bottom suspension mounting point to ground to ensure the car is also same height of the ground left to right? You may find its panel alignment. Most 964&993 cars I've seen are out and Steve says very common on the older cars too. Just a thought...probably doesn't mAtter too much for a street car anyway...
Old 02-28-2015, 05:20 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Qualifying over. Walter was in slow group but qualified for Medium Group. I was in Medium (thanks to Chris B's points from HD) and stayed in Medium. Grid places aren't out but I think I will be behind as about 0.45 seconds slower.

Edit - confirmed. Walter is grid place 17 and I am 21. Glenn (Spiked) is grid place 26. Let the battle begin over 33 minutes.

I shouldn't have had the extra hash brown

Last edited by John McM; 02-28-2015 at 05:47 PM.
Old 02-28-2015, 05:36 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Nice work David!

Good luck Walter and John. Good day for racing
Old 02-28-2015, 05:48 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Originally Posted by Macca
David. Sometimes these differences were bodywork related not suspension. Did you take a measurement from bottom suspension mounting point to ground to ensure the car is also same height of the ground left to right? You may find its panel alignment. Most 964&993 cars I've seen are out and Steve says very common on the older cars too. Just a thought...probably doesn't mAtter too much for a street car anyway...
Yeah, all from the chassis points to the ground. There is a method of measuring between hub center and torsion bar center but that method isn't available to me in the driveway with a tape measure!
Rocking a pretty cool stance now, looks like the camber has been accentuated. I'll probably treat it to an alignment prior to the track day and set the ride height properly front to back.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Maxem; 02-28-2015 at 06:07 PM.
Old 02-28-2015, 06:23 PM
cliffjumper
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi NZ Rennlisters, last year I asked the prolific posters of this thread about possible 944s for sale. I got some helpful feedback and eventually bought the silver/purple S2 that was screaming to be turned in to a track rat. Some of you may be disappointed to know that the car's gone the other way!

I saw this as an affordable opportunity at my first pcar as I am a student (we'll see if it will stay affordable!). By doing my own work where I can, I hope I can keep costs fairly low. Over the last few months I stripped the car down for paint, but got it professionally sprayed, replaced a few seals, trim pieces, etc. and have caught up on routine maintenance, such as installing belts and rollers. It's been a steep learning curve, but so far so good. I did most of the work in Gisborne, and this weekend drove it the 500km back to Auckland without any hiccups.

I thought it was high time for a proper introduction, so here are a couple of photos. I look forward to meeting anyone who's happy for a 944 to join the fold!

Cheers,
Matt
Attached Images   
Old 02-28-2015, 06:34 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cliffjumper
Hi NZ Rennlisters, last year I asked the prolific posters of this thread about possible 944s for sale. I got some helpful feedback and eventually bought the silver/purple S2 that was screaming to be turned in to a track rat. Some of you may be disappointed to know that the car's gone the other way!

I saw this as an affordable opportunity at my first pcar as I am a student (we'll see if it will stay affordable!). By doing my own work where I can, I hope I can keep costs fairly low. Over the last few months I stripped the car down for paint, but got it professionally sprayed, replaced a few seals, trim pieces, etc. and have caught up on routine maintenance, such as installing belts and rollers. It's been a steep learning curve, but so far so good. I did most of the work in Gisborne, and this weekend drove it the 500km back to Auckland without any hiccups.

I thought it was high time for a proper introduction, so here are a couple of photos. I look forward to meeting anyone who's happy for a 944 to join the fold!

Cheers,
Matt
Welcome Matt - sounds like you share our disease.........

This is Richard Endean's old car??
Old 02-28-2015, 06:40 PM
Maxem
Drifting

...nice colour, wish there were more of these other than the normal reds whites and blacks
Attached Images  
Old 02-28-2015, 06:41 PM
cliffjumper
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks! It is Richard's old car, used to have the Beds R Us livery
Old 02-28-2015, 06:50 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Welcome Matt. Nice job getting her back to that state.
Old 02-28-2015, 07:06 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Welcome Matt. Love the work you've done. The repaint looks good. Where are you based...?

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?