Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 06:22 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Just been offered by known party passing on....Brand new 2014 Caymen S with PDK for 116K NZD all in located Auckland urgent sale if anyone interested PM me. Good spec.

2014 PORSCHE CAYMAN SPORTS-PDK

SPECIFICATIONS:
CAR SPECS/FEATURES
- Rear wiper
- Top tinted windscreen
- Bi-Xenon lighting system with Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
- ParkAssist front and rear
- Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors with integrated rain sensor
- Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
- Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
- Sport Chrono Package with dynamic transmission mounts
- Sports exhaust system (incl. sports tailpipe) Exclusive
- 20-inch Carrera S wheel
- Cruise control
- Floor mats
- Sports seats, electrical (14-way) with memory package
- Preparation for mobile phone
- BOSE® Surround Sound System
- Porsche Communication Management (PCM) including navigation module with universal audio interface
Attached Images  
Old 11-14-2014, 07:27 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ Pete - that would be a bit of you mate??

Just been down to CCS to help H with cleaning her car for concours.

The blue 3.3T is very nice in the flesh - TM photos don't do it justice.

The is also a 355 fezza and 993TT down there for sale. The 993TT was a beautiful car. Freshly painted inside and out. All yours for around $200K.

Nice to see Walt and I managed to get a good look at the 996 GT3 close up for $89K. I can see why it hasn't sold - CCS need to do some detailing - the rims had paint flaking off and the leather dash has bubbles and damage where the leather has delaminated - things like this are not very appealing........
Attached Images    
Old 11-14-2014, 07:52 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Macca - there are 3 red 991 GT3's at CCS too. Richard's and 2 for sale. So a few more have landed.
Old 11-14-2014, 07:53 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Im pretty sure Ive driven that 993TT. Its ex Sing imported by Claytons of Cherry Lane IIRC. Arena red Ive never been a fan of. At 200K its way too rich IMO, however CCS have a different breed of clinet than us poor enthusiasts!

The F355 appeals, have almost purchased one twice. I think at 100K or under it would make a nice relic but the upkeep and reliability have always prevented me. Porsche spoils us in this regard relative to other "exotics".

That said there is one car on the market right now that I would give up both my 911s and my right arm to afford. Id drive the pants off of it and keep it forever. 458 Speciale. Ultimate car to own out of the current crop including mega cars IMO , a sure fire future classic being last of atmo Fezza engines. Not sure anyone here has seen or heard these (was lucky enough to in Monaco in December last year) but absolutely blindingly gorgeous, minimalistic interior execution, great sounding pipes and sublime handling....
Old 11-14-2014, 07:55 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Macca - there are 3 red 991 GT3's at CCS too. Richard's and 2 for sale. So a few more have landed.
Paul. Good spotting. One of the red ones (with black wheels originally) was an order someone backed out of in March. CCS are using it as a demonstrator and had it at their recent CCS Track Day in October. The other was a bit of a sad story. Ordered by a well known client of their who was very sick (but I dont think they ever knew how sick) and he passed a few weeks before the car arrived....
Old 11-14-2014, 07:58 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by O2GO
Heh. Second thoughts, bugger this. I fancy an early blast north. Coffee/brekky at Wellsford. Leave the big smoke 7:30am. Home by 11am ish. I'll visit my folks at Whangaparoa on the way back. GET OUT AND DRIVE :-) Now who is keen?
Have to take a rain cheque Doug. Just back from yet another part shopping trip and now it's nothing but garage work until the Grinch is ready to race. BTW first time in Herman for three weeks. It never gets old. Hope Lola is going to see some part of Summer.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:30 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Paul. Good spotting. One of the red ones (with black wheels originally) was an order someone backed out of in March. CCS are using it as a demonstrator and had it at their recent CCS Track Day in October. The other was a bit of a sad story. Ordered by a well known client of their who was very sick (but I dont think they ever knew how sick) and he passed a few weeks before the car arrived....
Sad indeed. If you recall, I bought Herman just before the owner passed away. Jon P who brokered the sale told me that guy would have been happy to see how well Herman has been looked after AND used since then.

The only thing holding me back from the wilder ideas are the responsibilities that come with family life and garage space. I can see how people 'become' collectors.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:50 PM
Luke944
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That said there is one car on the market right now that I would give up both my 911s and my right arm to afford. Id drive the pants off of it and keep it forever. 458 Speciale. Ultimate car to own out of the current crop including mega cars IMO , a sure fire future classic being last of atmo Fezza engines. Not sure anyone here has seen or heard these (was lucky enough to in Monaco in December last year) but absolutely blindingly gorgeous, minimalistic interior execution, great sounding pipes and sublime handling....
Not that I needed much of an excuse for a drive I put 1,500 kms on the 993 last weekend to come up to see the Big Boys Toys show. I'm a McLaren P1 and Scott Dixon fan so was an easy sale for me.

They did have a 458 Speciale on display and I agree, it was pretty impressive. Picked up a lot more changes from the standard car in terms of aero etc in person than in the pictures. The stripes too, even for the $18k extra, did look good.

The other interesting car on display in the same hall as the 458 was a nice 964. Detachable steering wheel, new mirrors, crazy low stance to it on BBS's. Not sure if it was a hotted up engine though.

I do regret forgetting my proper camera for the show! Rough iPhone pics
Attached Images     
Old 11-14-2014, 08:52 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
^^^ Pete - that would be a bit of you mate??
Hmmm - yes if that's the one that's been on TM for ages ($145k ages ago) then yes - nice spec and colour. You don't fancy a red manual CS do you....?
Old 11-14-2014, 09:08 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

I have a 3-4 "car buddies" with 458 Sp. Talking of which I have to get to Dubai soon to take up the offer of a long drive of the car I was promised.... I wasnt a big fan of the stripes, being a cheap Bstard Id probably save the 18K and have the CCS vinyl guy do them for me. I think I may have posted before but here a mate Toms car in plain white. The 1M is his daily. I wondered if he had done the right thing till I saw pictures of it. Awesome! Much less "in your face" than red...

The 964 is interesting. A hot rod for sure. It has turbo rear haunches. IIRC a supercharger too?
Attached Images  
Old 11-14-2014, 09:17 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
Sad indeed. If you recall, I bought Herman just before the owner passed away. Jon P who brokered the sale told me that guy would have been happy to see how well Herman has been looked after AND used since then.

The only thing holding me back from the wilder ideas are the responsibilities that come with family life and garage space. I can see how people 'become' collectors.
John. You are doing all right mate. Living the dream (or a version of it).

We are all of different circumstances. Ive learnt long ago very few people Ive met live the same lifestyle, have exactly the same ambitions and views.

Jo and I have a very different lifestyle and view on life than I suspect many on here. I suspect its often confused with and approach to life that could only be tempered by money but infact could not be further from the truth. Personality and "events" define much of how we live our lives. We have no kids and few assets (a divestment strategy that is in its middle age but progresses without abate). I call it Ground Zero. Reducing everything to the lowest common denominator. Its bloody easy to collect stuff around you in life I find but very hard to get rid of it. Its taken years to get as far as we have. The big push is the next 6 months. We will become nomads. Actually I think the correct term is Vagabonds. Very few tethers to all those things that "normal people" have. Still a little wiggle room in there for my passion for cars. Also plenty of time to divulge in the thing I love more than that. Driving. And adventures with cars. They are fun too. Like Europe 2016 ;-)
Old 11-14-2014, 09:40 PM
Luke944
Rennlist Member

I have a 3-4 "car buddies" with 458 Sp. Talking of which I have to get to Dubai soon to take up the offer of a long drive of the car I was promised.... I wasnt a big fan of the stripes, being a cheap Bstard Id probably save the 18K and have the CCS vinyl guy do them for me. I think I may have posted before but here a mate Toms car in plain white. The 1M is his daily. I wondered if he had done the right thing till I saw pictures of it. Awesome! Much less "in your face" than red...

The 964 is interesting. A hot rod for sure. It has turbo rear haunches. IIRC a supercharger too?
True, the white is very clean. If you've got all that go you don't always need the show.
Could well have been supercharged. Didn't have a display board and couldn't get a view of the rear.
Old 11-14-2014, 10:51 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Nice photos Luke - it would be good to get a report on your experiences of 911 (993) ownership - is it measuring up??
Old 11-14-2014, 11:48 PM
993 Targa
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Apparently the vinyl option is quite common. The paint stripe price is ridiculous!
Old 11-15-2014, 12:07 AM
993 Targa
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by peterC2S
I think Bob's targa was the aventura green manual - and no doubt in even better condition! That Iris blue does photograph well and suits the 993 curves.
I would have to agree that it is nicer, although I am biased.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?