Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2014 | 02:41 AM
mjg
Pro

Optimal lap time out of everyone's segments today is 1:25.308. There's a goal for you all!
Old 08-16-2014 | 02:48 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mjg
Optimal lap time out of everyone's segments today is 1:25.308. There's a goal for you all!
That's a hell of a target!! How did everything hold up today - no pad 'meltage'?
Old 08-16-2014 | 02:52 AM
mjg
Pro

Originally Posted by peterC2S
That's a hell of a target!! How did everything hold up today - no pad 'meltage'?
Brakes were good all day, although I suspect there's a lot of truth to Chris' theory that you're better off without them in this car anyway.

We were talking about using Pagid Yellows next time we do pads (hopefully after everyone has had a go so there's no issue with unfairness due to different setup), with the theory being that they might be twice the price but they'll last more than twice as long. The EBCs are cheap but have never had great feedback for longevity.
Old 08-16-2014 | 03:19 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mjg
Brakes were good all day, although I suspect there's a lot of truth to Chris' theory that you're better off without them in this car anyway. We were talking about using Pagid Yellows next time we do pads (hopefully after everyone has had a go so there's no issue with unfairness due to different setup), with the theory being that they might be twice the price but they'll last more than twice as long. The EBCs are cheap but have never had great feedback for longevity.
I don't think there will be any issue with a different type of pad. You can't slam on the brakes without skidding due to the tyres anyway so I don't think it will give much if any advantage to later runners. The bigger question now is how we fund ongoing consumables? We're currently $37 overspent, having spent new capital on pads and rotors.
Old 08-16-2014 | 03:31 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Speaking of Singer. This is my old work colleague in Jakarta with the Indonesian Singer https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...0&id=712655993
Old 08-16-2014 | 03:45 AM
Maxem
Drifting

John and Doug; since we've nearly rolled the BB leaderboard list, we better get out there again. We were just running her in gently for the crew last time, aye? I'd say she'd be as loose as now the rough boys have been through her.
Old 08-16-2014 | 03:50 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Maxem
John and Doug; since we've nearly rolled the BB leaderboard list, we better get out there again. We were just running her in gently for the crew last time, aye? I'd say she'd be as loose as now the rough boys have been through her.
Absolutely. October 4th?
Old 08-16-2014 | 03:53 AM
Maxem
Drifting

I'm up for that
Old 08-16-2014 | 04:07 AM
Runtothehills
Racer

Im up for a second whirl in BB in October if it lasts till then! So if we switch up the pads after everyone has had a run then is it a good time to find some cheap as chips anti roll bars to add too. Try get to the 1:26 mark. Might be cool for everyone to chip in another $50 to keep up the maintenance.
Old 08-16-2014 | 04:30 AM
Runtothehills
Racer

Thats great news about Lola, its the fear of the unknown sometimes that is worse, now knowing what some if the issues are will make it easier for you. You'll learn a lot from the process too by the looks. That 944 s2 looked a good buy for $8k.
Old 08-16-2014 | 04:37 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Runtothehills
Thats great news about Lola, its the fear of the unknown sometimes that is worse, now knowing what some if the issues are will make it easier for you. You'll learn a lot from the process too by the looks. That 944 s2 looked a good buy for $8k.
I bid for a while, but there's not enough goodwill in the house for a 4th P car so let it go. Steve R said it was a good one. Problem is that it's not a race car, unlike BB

Noted for 4/10. That's You, Dave and me. I wonder if we would be tempting fate to run her in two groups?
Old 08-16-2014 | 04:46 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Runtothehills
Im up for a second whirl in BB in October if it lasts till then! So if we switch up the pads after everyone has had a run then is it a good time to find some cheap as chips anti roll bars to add too. Try get to the 1:26 mark. Might be cool for everyone to chip in another $50 to keep up the maintenance.
BB seems to be rock solid. She needs to be with 15 co-owners. $50 would give us $750. I think the next set of pads and tyres would eat that up. If everyone's cool with it, I'm happy with that or even Chris' suggestion of $100 to future proof. Not sure about performance mods as it runs counter to the ethos. Truth be told I just want to be in the main group with the current set up, it's lonely at 1.31.xx
Old 08-16-2014 | 05:12 AM
mjg
Pro

Happy to chuck in more money as needed, it's incredibly cheap fun so far.

As tempting as performance upgrades are (overnight parts from Japan), I think we should stick it out with the current configuration as long as we can. I think there's fun to be had in a bit of back and forth battling for leaderboard spots as long for as long as the car survives and people aren't bored of it.

I'm glad to see there's less damage to Lola than first suspected, Doug. I'm looking forward to seeing her back on the road and track in whatever guise you settle on.
Old 08-16-2014 | 05:16 AM
Ndewar
Instructor

Had a ball today in BB. Thanks again to Ralf. The brakes are much improved and I managed to lock them up more easily than before. Braking is my problem I think, need to do it later and carry more speed into the corners. She is a beauty though and there were a lot of cars in the fast group that got a bit of a fright with guys like Chris and matt behind the wheel.

Pleased to hear your fix may be a little easier than expected Doug.

Went to see the grey 944 S2 on trade me this morning . Beautiful car , very original and spotless. Must be one of the best for condition and upgrades. Wish I had a bigger set of garages as this will appreciate. But 20000 is a little too much at this stage I think and I will put money into a race car first. Worth having a look at it if you are in the market but too good to change into a racer.

Interesting that whilst I was signing in at HD I heard Gary telling someone that the video of my off had 33000 hits on their website. All I asked him for was a small commission, before he threw me down the stairs!
Old 08-16-2014 | 07:40 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by John McM
Absolutely. October 4th?
Been out at the movies. I'm in if there's still room

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?