Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 06:23 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Mine is a '14. I've posted my impressions in detail in previous posts - overall I'd consider mine to be "no issues".
Old 12-14-2017, 10:01 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

15 post neutered. Noticed today getting out in front of traffic and punching it, performance was no different from pre neutered.
Which is the reason I bought the CD's originally. Realized it was faster than my first 911.
Old 12-15-2017, 12:34 AM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by skiahh
Well, looks like we're going to be a dual CD family. Picked up a white 2015 locally.

Think I'll Plastidip the chrome. Wonder how the letters would look in dark blue?
Brought it home today (paperwork snafu last night, so had to wait until today). Basic white over black, typical dealer spec options. I'm still thinking I might try blue letters, at least on the back. I'm just not a chrome guy. I may also plasti-dip the window trip to black.

Are there clear LED side markers for the 15-17 bodies?

Guess I need to update my avatar.

Old 12-15-2017, 08:21 AM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Nice Skiahh, the 2015+ just look so much better than the 958.1's.

I like that you are not a fan of the chrome lettering. I took mine completely off and it looks so much better, along with some quad tailpipes aka GTS' and it makes it look so much better. You even have the hitch.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:29 AM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

I got my truck last night and it was cold. I'll say right off the bat, had no one told me that the truck had been altered/fixed, I would never have known.

From cold, there is some more sound/noise but after hearing it for the first time last night, even in the garage this morning, I didn't notice a thing.

My truck lives in the garage but this morning it was 12-F=cold. My 2016 ran just fine. It did want to hold 3rd gear at about 2,200 and didn't want to shift until about 2,600 rpm. Power and acceleration are exactly the same. Sport mode is still *****-out, no problem with power and holding the correct gear/rpm in Sport-thank goodness as I love the mode. I'm thrilled that the fix has done nothing that I notice to my truck.

Last night, over the 25 miles on the highway home, at an average of 75 mph, the mpg average was 29, about the exact same as it always was, no change at all.

The detail was also a very nice touch and the detailers at my dealer do a good job. The only thing is that everything on the inside is slimy from the "dressing" and it doesn't smell all that great either. I had to wipe the steering wheel as it was about as slick as a used KY-Jelly tube on the floor of a **** shoot. I had just a little less than 1/2 tank and it was full when I got in the truck. I can't complain. Now to just wait for the check.

Now I just wait for the last $750 Bosch payment and that will close out this past years Magical Money Train ride, courtesy of the felons at VWoA.
Old 12-15-2017, 11:06 AM
Ddesimone17
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BenCD

I like that you are not a fan of the chrome lettering. I took mine completely off and it looks so much better, along with some quad tailpipes aka GTS' and it makes it look so much better. You even have the hitch.

suncoast sell the quad pipes , I agree more aggressive looking
Old 12-15-2017, 11:09 AM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Ddesimone17

suncoast sell the quad pipes , I agree more aggressive looking
I can only imagine how much the OEM pipes cost.

I got mine from eBay for like $249, shipped. Fit perfectly.
Old 12-15-2017, 11:28 AM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Nice ride Skiahh! Did you trade your .1 or is this in addition to? If you traded - how bad did they hose you on the trade?

I also agree, the .2 is definitely better looking than the .1 - one of my "draws" to wanting to trade!

As for post-fix impressions - I will add this: I believe I mentioned that fuel mileage *seemed* unaffected but might've been too early to tell. For sure the range on my first tank was down quite a bit - but that was the tankful from the dealer. I brought mine in on fumes, and the needle read "full" when I picked it up with no mention of the "$40 limit" BS some others have cited... but who knows just how "full" it was.

But following the DIC numbers (I know, not super accurate) - combined with the range - my initial observations (up until this morning) were that I lost about 10% on economy. I'm only 1/2 way through my 2nd tank though so I was going to continue watching/observing.

Trip in to the office today - noticed the DIC reported average mileage for the trip was right back where it used to be pre-fix.

Not enough miles to really confirm anything, but I'm still thinking the vehicle has some "learning" to do.
Old 12-15-2017, 02:10 PM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Would it be rude to request that the Sales and Ownership experience posts move to a different thread? I've been relying on this thread to learn about the issues surrounding the recall and fix and it's hard to filter through the recent wave of unrelated marketplace posts and trade-in value discussion.
Old 12-15-2017, 02:16 PM
Ddesimone17
Pro

Suncoast on special 895, yours look great will go that route. Very happy with the 2016 upgrade no buyers remorse
Old 12-15-2017, 02:24 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by BenCD

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
Nice ride Skiahh! Did you trade your .1 or is this in addition to? If you traded - how bad did they hose you on the trade?
Thanks! Pretty content with it all, though I did take a beating on the trade; traded the Boxster... in December. But life changes, so you have to roll with things and it was, overall, the right choice for the time. I'll get another sports car down the road... probably a Targa. Or maybe I'll just get an airplane.

Tow hitch was a must have. I wanted roof rails and the hitch, but the hitch was more important. Found just two with rails and no hitch, but otherwise equipped so that I would have gone for them and added the hitch, but couldn't work it out. Hitch is for bikes, mostly. Maybe a vertical ski rack, too.

Tips? Maybe. I also can't find clear LED side markers for the 15+ styles. Do they exist?

I'd also add the LED headlights if I could find a wrecked car somewhere and didn't have to fork out $2500 for them from Suncoast.

And Nugget's probably right. We ought to start a Post-fix Diesel Cayenne thread or something like that.
Old 12-15-2017, 02:34 PM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Nugget
Would it be rude to request that the Sales and Ownership experience posts move to a different thread? I've been relying on this thread to learn about the issues surrounding the recall and fix and it's hard to filter through the recent wave of unrelated marketplace posts and trade-in value discussion.
I totally agree with this.

I was wondering why it had turned into the "For Sale" and the "What are you buying/what have you bought-trhead" long ago but you have been the first to mention it.
Old 12-15-2017, 02:34 PM
Ddesimone17
Pro

Originally Posted by Nugget
If you have to ask you know the answer ! Feel free to start your own thread where you can outline what is acceptable Content. Since this is too much of an inconvenience. I have had several pm’s asking questions about my experience w new 16 CD as well as off topic blue spark tuning box impression. Last I checked individuals are seeking insight about wether they should take the plunge to fix or not ,or to purschase a stop sale CD . this thread is about information on CD to me all relevant to this thread. I see no harm in posting a pic or two of new CD and sharing your happy w the results or not
“Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue”
Old 12-15-2017, 04:30 PM
billyg
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
Mine is a '14. I've posted my impressions in detail in previous posts - overall I'd consider mine to be "no issues".
mine is a 14 as well with “ issues “.
Old 12-15-2017, 04:35 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Heck maybe we collect username, location, and "issues"/"no issues" - and meet up.

Might be interesting to go for rides and do a A-B comparison.

I'm NW of Chicago... happy to let someone drive mine, I drive theirs (if they think it's got issues) and do a comparison.

Quick Reply: Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue