Sponsored By:

Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 11:35 AM
m0ther
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by visitador
^^^ I believe the question is question is whether the emissions test failure was due to an actual exhaust pipe test or the OBIi plug into the computer system test. Any time a dealer resets the computers the CD will take some time to relearn before it passes those tests.

Lesson is not to do the fix if you are due to have an emissions test soon after
Yes, I should have worded that more carefully. Does your state actually test the exhaust, or just do the OBDII check + visual inspection for tampering. I'd find it hard to believe these things could ever fail an opacity test!
Old 12-19-2017, 11:39 AM
m0ther
Intermediate

BTW To anyone who registered too late to get the first half payment- when could you select EFT vs Check? I've made the appointment, but the portal is still at the "Schedule Your Appointment" step.

PS As a datapoint I purchased an off-lease 2015 in October, was quoted $9,7xx initially, and got the same number after the verification step.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:19 PM
Ddesimone17
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So I purchased last Monday 12/12/17 a stop sale 2016 CD from an out if state dealer. At point of purchase was told the warranty was 4yrs/50 k

went to my my local dealer today for state inspection sticker and had a few minutes to kill. So I asked the service mgr to look up my warranty in the Porsche system , porsche has both bumper to bumper warranty and the emission warranty at 10 yrs / 120k miles

The warranty mystery continues , he also stated Porsche is doing a huge system refresh over the holidays and on 1/2/18 porsche system should be updated and reflect appropriate warranties
Old 12-19-2017, 01:37 PM
Ddesimone17
Pro

Porsche of Towson , has this car still available w 130 miles on it. They will discount 20% ask for Alfred Ramos good guy . Not affiliated just a heads up for sweet car at good price
Old 12-19-2017, 01:45 PM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Ddesimone17
So I purchased last Monday 12/12/17 a stop sale 2016 CD from an out if state dealer. At point of purchase was told the warranty was 4yrs/50 k

went to my my local dealer today for state inspection sticker and had a few minutes to kill. So I asked the service mgr to look up my warranty in the Porsche system , porsche has both bumper to bumper warranty and the emission warranty at 10 yrs / 120k miles

The warranty mystery continues , he also stated Porsche is doing a huge system refresh over the holidays and on 1/2/18 porsche system should be updated and reflect appropriate warranties
Congratulations.

Wow, B2B at 10/120K!, amazing.

If I didn't get my 2016 last February, I'd be all over that White/Luxor CD, it is exactly what I have now and I love it.
Old 12-19-2017, 03:31 PM
solrac6262
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by abatis
My 2013 CD had the emission fix on Friday. I drove the fixed CD from Spokane to Bozeman and back to Western Montana over the weekend. Lots of mountain driving and 80 MPH + freeway driving. Even with my Thule cargo box on I had a fuel mileage of 28.83 MPG by fill calculation on a tank with 400+ miles on it. Quite frankly I cannot tell any appreciable difference in the cars performance or engine noise level after the fix. The dealer told me they had some CDs they could not sell until a certain number of existing CDs receive the fix. Sad that Porsche is out of the diesel business in NA going forward but happy to have mine.
my mom is driving the CD after the fix and since I have the RRS I haven't had a chance to test drive it, but I can tell it sounds more of a diesel engine, before it was more quiet, also she said the other day that torque is not the same it feels different
Old 12-19-2017, 04:33 PM
abatis
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by solrac6262
my mom is driving the CD after the fix and since I have the RRS I haven't had a chance to test drive it, but I can tell it sounds more of a diesel engine, before it was more quiet, also she said the other day that torque is not the same it feels different
I am not sure what year your mother has but the dealer provided me with a 2015 CD loaner. I have to admit the 2015 vehicle did not seem to have the same low end punch that I get with 2013, although the are probably the same on paper. Your mothers hearing is probably better than mine.
Old 12-19-2017, 04:49 PM
porsche42
Racer

Originally Posted by m0ther
Yes, I should have worded that more carefully. Does your state actually test the exhaust, or just do the OBDII check + visual inspection for tampering. I'd find it hard to believe these things could ever fail an opacity test!
It was the OBD plug only. Driving 600+ miles I thought would have done it. Drove 150 more miles today. Another guy in Mass drove 500 miles and it passed.
Going to dealer tomorrow, for tire change, but they will look at the failure.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:15 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Ddesimone17

That's interesting. The 10/120K is the powertrain warranty specified in the settlement. Wonder if they're just recording it wrong, or... showing that as the warranty to help make a sale? Or if they've gone beyond the 6/100 to 10/120 on the stop sale cars to justify the pricing?
Old 12-19-2017, 07:26 PM
Ddesimone17
Pro

Originally Posted by skiahh
That's interesting. The 10/120K is the powertrain warranty specified in the settlement. Wonder if they're just recording it wrong, or... showing that as the warranty to help make a sale? Or if they've gone beyond the 6/100 to 10/120 on the stop sale cars to justify the pricing?

the service mngr was as perplexed as I. I will swing by after the first of the year to see what it shows. hoping by then it will be 10 years / unlimited miles ! Regardless 10/120 was a nice bonus gift they put under my tree this Christmas
Old 12-19-2017, 10:27 PM
Eskimo1
Burning Brakes

Received 107 Likes on 76 Posts

Sorry if my first post here is a dumb one, but I've been under the impression that the warranty extension is a bumper to bumper type. However, i contacted a private seller of a '15 CD today and he sent me a pdf of the fix... In it, the warranty was clearly stated as an extension of the emissions warranty, not a CPO style warranty.
I'm confused now, and a bit sad, as the warranty really helped bring the CD into the realm of attainable this year.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Cayenne Diesel Warranty.pdf (3.18 MB, 170 views)
Old 12-19-2017, 10:39 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Eskimo1
Sorry if my first post here is a dumb one, but I've been under the impression that the warranty extension is a bumper to bumper type. However, i contacted a private seller of a '15 CD today and he sent me a pdf of the fix... In it, the warranty was clearly stated as an extension of the emissions warranty, not a CPO style warranty.
I'm confused now, and a bit sad, as the warranty really helped bring the CD into the realm of attainable this year.
There are two: The courtesy 6 year CPO bumper to bumper warranty and the limited 10 years power that becomes effective after the fix. Both start from the time the CD went into service. We usually refer the CPO as a two year because it follows two years after the original four years bumper to bumper.

I think what most people here are confused is the maximum miles that attaches to the CPO bumper to bumper. And also if you buy a new fixed 2015-16, whether the warranty is just the normal four years bumper to bumper or they also have the additional courtesy two years CPO warranty that current owners already have
Old 12-20-2017, 07:04 AM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Got my fix-check yesterday.

Waiting on the last Bosch check and that will close out my deal with VW.
Old 12-20-2017, 09:46 AM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by BenCD
Got my fix-check yesterday.

Waiting on the last Bosch check and that will close out my deal with VW.
Ben, that is strange. Most of us either got the total Bosh amount outright or the second Bosh payment within a month of the first one
Old 12-20-2017, 09:51 AM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by visitador
Ben, that is strange. Most of us either got the total Bosh amount outright or the second Bosh payment within a month of the first one
Mine is just a little, only a little-strange. I only got the first $750, and this was back sometime in October when most of us got the first 1/2 of the Bosch payment.

I called last week and the Bosch rep. had mentioned that they have not yet sent the 2nd half and she didn't have any idea when it would be going out, other than to say that sometime it would. I will just patiently wait and when it does come, I'll just be happy about it.

Last edited by BenCD; 12-20-2017 at 10:57 AM.

Quick Reply: Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue