Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 03:23 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by BenCD
Do it and don't look back.

Get the 958.2 before they are gone. Regret is going to be tough once these new/low mile ones are gone.
Yeah I know. I'm just torn.

In the end, is an extra $200-250/mo worth it for a few more options? 6 months from now when I'm cutting the payment check, am I still going to feel like the upgrade was worth it? I can't easily answer "yes" to either of those questions.

Buying one with 5,000-10,000 miles now, or, wait a year or two, then find a low-used one with 25-30,000 on it? Might be harder to find but I don't know that it'd be impossible. I put 30-35k/yr on my cars so I think the depreciation against my 14 will be less than the depreciation I'd take on the 15-16.

Just stuck on the fence.
Old 12-13-2017, 03:34 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by r553
You need to drive your car with the tech on board. My car does this during warm up only. Once warm it is fine.
Shouldn't do it during warm up, either. Our '14 doesn't rattle, clatter or do anything else unusual during warmup, except hold the higher gears. It might be a tad louder, but because I have a 5.9l Cummins, too, it's still pretty quiet to me. My wife doesn't notice any additional noise during warmup, either.

Originally Posted by r553
FWIW I got $5K off when I bought my CD new in Dec 2014 before the debacle was revealed.
Yes, we got more than $995 off ours, too, when new. When it was a '14 IN '14. $995 off a '16 in the '18 model year? Nope. Bet they'll get it, though. And as soon as the plates go on/title is recorded, another $15-18K or so will evaporate into thin air.

Originally Posted by BenCD
It even has the $65 cupholder insert-at no extra charge.

The Macan has deep cupholders so I don't need the insert.

If I have but one regret, the keyless entry and drive is nice and I miss it.
Every '15 and '16 I've seen has a cupholder. Wonder if they put 'em in as standard equipment? Our '14 didn't, so we bought one, but the dealership gave us a pretty good price.
Old 12-13-2017, 03:50 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by skiahh
Shouldn't do it during warm up, either. Our '14 doesn't rattle, clatter or do anything else unusual during warmup, except hold the higher gears. It might be a tad louder, but because I have a 5.9l Cummins, too, it's still pretty quiet to me. My wife doesn't notice any additional noise during warmup, either.
Same here. So far I can't hear ANY additional noise. And I'm a weirdo who enjoys the diesel "clack clack clack" sound.

Originally Posted by skiahh
Bet they'll get it, though. And as soon as the plates go on/title is recorded, another $15-18K or so will evaporate into thin air.
Yep - bet they'll get it too, for most. The super nice ones will get picked over (desirable options/colors) but I bet in a few months the leftovers will be heavily discounted. Those with some miles on them, basic colors (white, black, etc.) that you see a dozen of everywhere.
Old 12-13-2017, 06:19 PM
lunarbase
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sure wish I would have read this thread a couple of weeks ago with the details on the warranty. Would have saved myself and my dealer alot of headache. Ended up getting so mad at each other we killed the deal.
Old 12-13-2017, 07:35 PM
billyg
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dcastar
Update -- Car has been returned to the dealer FIVE times now... They brought in a field tech who supposedly "drove it several times" and couldn't reproduce the issue.

I'm calling BS... and I will keep bringing it back to the dealer. There's ZERO possible way the vehicle is supposed to have a clatter/shake/and stutter while feathering the throttle in rush hour traffic.

The diesel-fix documentation CLEARLY states that it will not impact the driving characteristics of the car. This clearly is a driving characteristic, if the whole thing shakes for a moment every 7th/8th time you feather the throttle between 15-25mph in rush hour.
Mine goes back in Jan 2nd. Similar symptoms and a turbo that is non existent! Yep keep bringing it back! The beast is not the same! Lie Io said before, screwed and left out to dry.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:34 PM
GrandPaJohn
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 85 Posts

Would you guys that are having issues mind posting your model years. Could be isolated to just some MYs.
Old 12-13-2017, 11:36 PM
osu s2k
Rennlist Member

Received 195 Likes on 104 Posts

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=483472

im following this thread and some of the audi/vw fixes are reporting loss of midrange punch and response. Im gonna hold off on a fix for a bit. Has anyone done prefix/postfix dyno runs? Sounds like mpg s are also down
Old 12-14-2017, 01:08 AM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

Received 114 Likes on 99 Posts

I've called the class action rep a few times (for about a month) regarding participation payments for those registered and approved prior to the fix being issued. To be honest, they have a lot of stuff on their plate and its been initially a bit of phone tag with not much answers. I expect some good news either tomorrow or Friday. If not, then off to an appeal which is what they're there for.....

Anyone with experience besides the prior gent with Lemon Laws? This fix for those that have issue seems worthy of further investigation.
Old 12-14-2017, 01:55 AM
midas
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by osu s2k
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=483472

im following this thread and some of the audi/vw fixes are reporting loss of midrange punch and response. Im gonna hold off on a fix for a bit. Has anyone done prefix/postfix dyno runs? Sounds like mpg s are also down
There's also some negative feedback on audiworld and audizine web sites as well.
Old 12-14-2017, 02:57 AM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sword_of_Spirit
I've called the class action rep a few times (for about a month) regarding participation payments for those registered and approved prior to the fix being issued. To be honest, they have a lot of stuff on their plate and its been initially a bit of phone tag with not much answers. I expect some good news either tomorrow or Friday. If not, then off to an appeal which is what they're there for.....

Anyone with experience besides the prior gent with Lemon Laws? This fix for those that have issue seems worthy of further investigation.
Appeal for...?
Old 12-14-2017, 02:22 PM
BenCD
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

My truck was done this morning and I'll go with my kids to get it after work.

The Macan is a nice little truck but too small. With my 6 and 7 year old in the back, my 7 yo boy had asked me to move my seat up as he could not put his legs down in his booster and I'm not a big guy at all. Then when getting out, they both had to squeeze by the front seats. I can't imagine adults or bigger kids back there at all.

I'm looking forward to feeling how my truck will now run, and the next to last check as Bosch still owes me $750. I just called the Bosch hotline and the 2nd check has not gone out yet but I'm in line for the 2nd $750. Just need to wait is all.

Last edited by BenCD; 12-14-2017 at 02:38 PM.
Old 12-14-2017, 04:42 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,618 Posts

Originally Posted by dcastar
Update -- Car has been returned to the dealer FIVE times now... They brought in a field tech who supposedly "drove it several times" and couldn't reproduce the issue.

I'm calling BS... and I will keep bringing it back to the dealer. There's ZERO possible way the vehicle is supposed to have a clatter/shake/and stutter while feathering the throttle in rush hour traffic.

The diesel-fix documentation CLEARLY states that it will not impact the driving characteristics of the car. This clearly is a driving characteristic, if the whole thing shakes for a moment every 7th/8th time you feather the throttle between 15-25mph in rush hour.
Is it something you could capture on video?
Old 12-14-2017, 05:18 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Is it something you could capture on video?
I was starting to think the same thing.
Old 12-14-2017, 05:50 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Yes it would be helpful if the members here post the year of their CD. From my observation it is the 2013 and 2014 that have issues since the CD was reprogrammed like new, and the car is learning the driver habits as it comes along. On the contrary the 2015 and 2016 I think do not have these issues as they are different from the 2013 and 2014? Comments and observations by posting year model would certainly identify which model year are having issues.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by GrandPaJohn
Would you guys that are having issues mind posting your model years. Could be isolated to just some MYs.
Old 12-14-2017, 05:56 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Our '14 has no issues. Might be slightly louder, has the higher shift points, enhanced engine braking isn't so enhanced anymore.

One thing I'm noticing is more white smoke. It's been cool/cold here and even at operating temps, if I've been off the throttle (for example, going downhill), and then hit the gas in the turn to my house - a slight uphill - there is white smoke emitted. That didn't happen before the fix. Seems odd that the fix to clean it up puts out more smoke/vapor.

Quick Reply: Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue