Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 02:13 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Porsche Exchange, north of Chicago - they list 10 on their website.

That's the dealer that has the Carmine Red one I was thinking about the other night. The sales guy said they'd already sold 7 out of the 10, had 3 left. But all 10 are still on the site so maybe they're still available. I bet you a deposit talks.

I think this link will take you to their 2016 "new" inventory, all CD's. These are all "unpunched" vehicles.
http://www.4porsche.com/new-cayenne-suv-highland-park-il.htm?search=&saveFacetState=true&year=-2016&normalExteriorColor=&engine=&normalFuelType=&normalInteriorColor=&l astFacetInteracted=inventory-listing1-facet-anchor-year-0

These are the guys "firm" on 15% off MSRP, FYI.
Old 12-08-2017, 02:32 PM
NM912E
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
I did negotiate a bit with MW for all 3 of my purchases but IMO found they were definitely "fair". Might not've been a "OMG A STEAL!" but it was priced fair, I got some off, they made some money. The delta between their asking price and where we wound up was not massive. My experience, they don't do massive mark-ups, but they also don't move very much.

I had my buddy in my back pocket sending me Mannheim listings so I knew what they likely owned their vehicle for, and knew what they'd likely get for my trade (if I was trading... which only my CD had a trade.)

By my last purchase (2015 Boxster S) I had enough rapport with the sales manager (Stu) he flatly showed me his screen, and what he owned the car for - he made right around $1500.

I didn't negotiate any harder or less hard on that deal than the other. It was a bit of a dance but not bad overall, and that's coming from someone (me) who HATES negotiating.

All 3 purchases came fully detailed (expected...) new tires, fully serviced and ready to go.

Who was your sales guy? And is the '15 a former sales/service demo or something they found via trade-in/auction?
Rudy is my salesman , I did talk to Stu though when I made my offer, both were kind. Rudy really has bent over backwards waiting for me to put the deal together on my side, very patient I'd buy for him again.

Wow 1500 is not worth the trouble for them on your car and I'd of stopped too on negotiations. I try to be fair, a little for me a little for them. They bought mine at an auction in PA and my "guess" was they were in it maybe 48+/- the car is an off lease car. I offered retail book which was 53.5 and I expected to be close to that but they weren't having it. We settled on 1.5K off the asking price. Initially they wanted 58.9K and they dropped the price to 57.5 the morning I made the offer although I didn't know that until I hung up and took another look at the car on the their website , the Porsche website still had it listed at the original price and that's what I looked at before calling to see if any new listing showed up in the country.

I've yet to see the car and hope it is as advertised, I had three requests, non smoker, no paintwork of any kind and no emissions fix. I have read your posts through this experience and if I would have known you deal with them I might have asked you to put eyes on the car for me.

The car was supposed to be picked up yesterday but wasn't , the small company that was going to pick it up can't find a full return load (3) from New Mexico , he just neglected to tell me. I get that for him to be profitable he has to be full but a little communication goes a long way with trust.
Old 12-08-2017, 02:33 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

It was 33 degF when I came in today. The '13 CD drove better today than it has when it was warmer outside (last two weeks). No torque or power loss, shifting was a bit delayed but getting smoother. I'm seeing it return to its former self now - just takes some time I guess.
Old 12-08-2017, 02:36 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by NM912E
Rudy is my salesman , I did talk to Stu though when I made my offer, both were kind. Rudy really has bent over backwards waiting for me to put the deal together on my side, very patient I'd buy for him again.

Wow 1500 is not worth the trouble for them on your car and I'd of stopped too on negotiations. I try to be fair, a little for me a little for them. They bought mine at an auction in PA and my "guess" was they were in it maybe 48+/- the car is an off lease car. I offered retail book which was 53.5 and I expected to be close to that but they weren't having it. We settled on 1.5K off the asking price. Initially they wanted 58.9K and they dropped the price to 57.5 the morning I made the offer although I didn't know that until I hung up and took another look at the car on the their website , the Porsche website still had it listed at the original price and that's what I looked at before calling to see if any new listing showed up in the country.

I've yet to see the car and hope it is as advertised, I had three requests, non smoker, no paintwork of any kind and no emissions fix. I have read your posts through this experience and if I would have known you deal with them I might have asked you to put eyes on the car for me.

The car was supposed to be picked up yesterday but wasn't , the small company that was going to pick it up can't find a full return load (3) from New Mexico , he just neglected to tell me. I get that for him to be profitable he has to be full but a little communication goes a long way with trust.
They close at 6 on Fridays, so really no way I'd make it out there today - but am happy to put eyes on it for you if you want tomorrow morning/early afternoon. Granted it's "too late" now, I assume they sent you plenty of photos, etc.

I usually don't need much of an excuse to go over there and wander the showroom. Free Starbucks inside helps.
Old 12-08-2017, 02:40 PM
Ddesimone17
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I spoke to exchange they didn’t want to play ball much nor did Beachwood only 10%off

herb chambers will give 10k off but horrible trade in. I ended up going to Towson in Maryland, They have a bunch more Alfred was my ambassador, he is a class act
Old 12-08-2017, 03:08 PM
PorscheJake
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by skiahh
Where are you guys seeing the Porsche North Houston inventory? All I see there is a single, used '13 CD. Nothing about 15s or 16s anywhere.
We are currently working to get the details online at his time..

Attached are the 15 Cayenne Diesels that we have available, to note, we have used a few of these as loaner cars while they were sitting
so if you find one of interest please contact me and I can verify the mileage on it.

John
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Available Cayenne Diesel.pdf (463.7 KB, 265 views)
Old 12-08-2017, 06:40 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 161 Likes on 80 Posts

Follow up on my previous post. We got both Cayennes back today after "the fix" and have put over 70 highway and in traffic miles on each. We have noticed no difference in driving except perhaps the 2014 may be shifting a little crisper. Milage appears to be the same. Bottom line is I can't tell they did anything to the vehicles except on my wife's '14 some of the personal settings were defaulted back to original and she had got reset them. No issue! Both vehicles were full of fuel and detailed superbly, I could not be happier. As others have posted I assume the last two checks will appear in several days. Good to get this matter closed and as stated before both are keepers.
Old 12-08-2017, 08:32 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Kind of off topic, but looking at Porsche North Houston's inventory it looks like dealer ordered CDs are around $75,000 MSRP. I guess that is the optimum price for window shoppers. Also, none of them have ACC. I understand it is an expensive option, but IMHO it what complements the CD as a long distance champ. I guess I'll keep mine for a long while
Old 12-09-2017, 07:47 AM
GrandPaJohn
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 85 Posts

Been lurking awhile and just wanted to add some personal experience to this thread. A few days ago, some CDs showed up at an independent used car dealer's site. Confirmed with sales guy through photos that fix had not been done so we agreed on price figuring I'd be getting at least half the restitution money. Started making arrangements to pick it up when the salesguy mentioned that the car was now at a local Porsche dealer getting the fix done. Apparently the owner of the dealership bought the CDs to pocket the $$$ and then sell them. I didn't know dealers qualified for the $$. Needless to say, I'm now still looking.
Old 12-09-2017, 08:45 AM
swmic

Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

Was that dealer in south FL? Was looking at some also.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:30 AM
GrandPaJohn
Pro

Originally Posted by swmic
Was that dealer in south FL? Was looking at some also.
Yup. Be careful.
Old 12-09-2017, 02:23 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by GrandPaJohn
Been lurking awhile and just wanted to add some personal experience to this thread. A few days ago, some CDs showed up at an independent used car dealer's site. Confirmed with sales guy through photos that fix had not been done so we agreed on price figuring I'd be getting at least half the restitution money. Started making arrangements to pick it up when the salesguy mentioned that the car was now at a local Porsche dealer getting the fix done. Apparently the owner of the dealership bought the CDs to pocket the $$$ and then sell them. I didn't know dealers qualified for the $$. Needless to say, I'm now still looking.
Eh, you can still get the $$... just adjust your offer down by about $4500. Probably won't take it, but it'll show them you know what they did before you walk away. And make sure you let them know you'll let anyone interested in a CD know not to deal with them. Then post the name. I usually refrain from doing that, but for dishonesty or shady behavior like that? I've got no issue with posting the info to let others make their own mind up.
Old 12-09-2017, 02:28 PM
GrandPaJohn
Pro

This guy knew what he was doing as the CD did NOT have prior owner registered so it was more like $10k. I bet all his CDs have no prior owners registered. He wouldn't budge on price. Looking at new ones now. Don't like playing games.
Old 12-09-2017, 03:49 PM
GrandPaJohn
Pro

Well, so much for not playing games. I've called 8 different Porsche dealers today and I think I have 5 different responses.

1- Can't sell any diesels yet, probably won't be until spring
2- We can sell new ones but not used ones. Only warranty is the 4yr/50k plus the 100k emissions warranty. Warranty starts when I take delivery. So basically no incentive.
3- We can sell both new and used but the all warranties all start 2-3 years ago as all cars are punched. All have remainder of new warranty plus CPO to 6yr/100k
4- Can't sell any yet, waiting to hear any day now.
5- WTF do you want a diesel for? Buy a turbo.

Those of you that have recently purchased...what did you get for warranty?
Old 12-09-2017, 04:02 PM
osu s2k
Rennlist Member

Received 195 Likes on 104 Posts

Any leads on a highly optioned diesel. Looking for adaptive cruise pasm ... most are in the $75 range

Quick Reply: Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue