Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 02:18 AM
John-in-Texas
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My understanding was that all of the cars at North Houston (maybe 15 or so) were uniformly marked 20% off, and that those with virtually no miles sold very quickly. Others had some loaner mileage on them, as you suggested. I am in the process of buying one of those. As I have shopped around, the best deals that I found outside of this Houston store were 15% off on "new" cars, and 20% off with loaner mileage. All of these cars are going quickly. The only ones not moving are the ones at dealerships that have not reduced below MSRP. So, even with some loaner miles I felt like 20% was a good deal, given that I found nearly the exact car that I wanted. I'm in the Dallas area and will pick the car up later this week, so we'll see how this goes... I have every reason to believe that the car is as nice as described. Pictures were taken yesterday and sent to me, and all looked very well cared for. I believe it was John Wright who posted the build sheet pdfs here a few days ago. Will return and report when I have the car in my driveway.
Old 12-11-2017, 04:11 AM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by John-in-Texas
My understanding was that all of the cars at North Houston (maybe 15 or so) were uniformly marked 20% off, and that those with virtually no miles sold very quickly. Others had some loaner mileage on them, as you suggested. I am in the process of buying one of those. As I have shopped around, the best deals that I found outside of this Houston store were 15% off on "new" cars, and 20% off with loaner mileage. All of these cars are going quickly. The only ones not moving are the ones at dealerships that have not reduced below MSRP. So, even with some loaner miles I felt like 20% was a good deal, given that I found nearly the exact car that I wanted. I'm in the Dallas area and will pick the car up later this week, so we'll see how this goes... I have every reason to believe that the car is as nice as described. Pictures were taken yesterday and sent to me, and all looked very well cared for. I believe it was John Wright who posted the build sheet pdfs here a few days ago. Will return and report when I have the car in my driveway.
Which one did you get?
Old 12-11-2017, 07:39 AM
Ddesimone17
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What is the warranty that comes with them?
Old 12-11-2017, 09:51 AM
GrandPaJohn
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 85 Posts

To add some more confusion to the warranty terms, if you go to the PCNA website a search for certified CDs, you get the following about the warranty

"The Porsche Approved Certified Pre-Owned Limited Warranty is 2 years, unlimited miles for any vehicle sold for the first time certified on or after 12/1/2017.
This warranty is given to the owner of any qualifying Porsche Approved Certified Pre-Owned vehicle (distributed by PCNA and sold by an authorized Porsche automobile dealer in the United States).

This warranty is not valid on sales by any non authorized commercial dealer or broker. If this vehicle is traded to a non-authorized Porsche dealer or broker for resale purposes, the Certified Pre-Owned Limited Warranty is void."
Old 12-11-2017, 11:56 AM
AndrewWK
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GrandPaJohn
To add some more confusion to the warranty terms, if you go to the PCNA website a search for certified CDs, you get the following about the warranty

"The Porsche Approved Certified Pre-Owned Limited Warranty is 2 years, unlimited miles for any vehicle sold for the first time certified on or after 12/1/2017.
This warranty is given to the owner of any qualifying Porsche Approved Certified Pre-Owned vehicle (distributed by PCNA and sold by an authorized Porsche automobile dealer in the United States).

This warranty is not valid on sales by any non authorized commercial dealer or broker. If this vehicle is traded to a non-authorized Porsche dealer or broker for resale purposes, the Certified Pre-Owned Limited Warranty is void."
I can confirm the CPO warranty that was added to my CD is unlimited miles, as I am over 130k but the print out from my SA shows I have 53 days left on the CPO warranty.
Old 12-11-2017, 01:19 PM
PorscheJake
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by John-in-Texas
I contacted John Wright at Porsche of North Houston today, and I now have a 2016 in the works.
Please be sure to ask for John... He's a long-time supporter of this forum and a great guy to deal with.
I think there are still some CD's at North Houston, and all are at 20% discount. Check it out!
Thank you John, it was great speaking with you and we appreciate the business!
Old 12-11-2017, 01:32 PM
PorscheJake
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by JWrightPNH
We are currently working to get the details online at his time..

Attached are the 15 Cayenne Diesels that we have available, to note, we have used a few of these as loaner cars while they were sitting
so if you find one of interest please contact me and I can verify the mileage on it.

John
Hey guys, I wanted to update this listing of our inventory with a new pdf. of the cars that we have available and most with mileage. I am trying to find out the mileage on the others as we speak and will update this post.
To be clear as well, the cars that we have available are all 2015-2016 punched loaner cars with miles. These all qualify for the extended warranty that Porsche has provided and all updates that cars required are completed.

These will be sold for 20% off.

If you are interested in any of these cars please call me directly on my cell 832-407-2592 or email jwright@porschenorthhouston.com as a few of you have called into the dealership and end up getting with one of our other sales people.
I put in a lot of time to post on this forum and have now lost 3 deals from this posting because I am not being contacted directly but in the end we do appreciate you contacting us.
Thank you for the interest and I look forward to helping everyone that I can.

John
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Old 12-11-2017, 04:10 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 314 Likes on 262 Posts

This sucks for John at PNH. He is straight up a good dude around this forum and should be supported the fullest.
Old 12-11-2017, 04:19 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

John - are you/PNH taking fixed CD's in on trade?
Old 12-11-2017, 05:14 PM
PorscheJake
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by chsu74
This sucks for John at PNH. He is straight up a good dude around this forum and should be supported the fullest.
Thank you so much for the support, that means a lot!

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
John - are you/PNH taking fixed CD's in on trade?
We can definitely look at a trade.
Old 12-11-2017, 06:42 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

that exec they arrested while he was on vacation in Miami got 7 years + $400k in fines!

https://blog.caranddriver.com/second...mag=cdb&dom=fb
Old 12-11-2017, 10:46 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Well, looks like we're going to be a dual CD family. Picked up a white 2015 locally.

Think I'll Plastidip the chrome. Wonder how the letters would look in dark blue?
Old 12-11-2017, 11:11 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,619 Likes on 1,627 Posts

Originally Posted by skiahh
Well, looks like we're going to be a dual CD family. Picked up a white 2015 locally.

Think I'll Plastidip the chrome. Wonder how the letters would look in dark blue?
Glutton for punishment! Lol, enjoy!
Old 12-12-2017, 01:29 AM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

This is interesting... this popped up on my Facebook feed tonight:

Last edited by skiahh; 12-12-2017 at 05:06 AM.
Old 12-12-2017, 05:42 AM
Ddesimone17
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Picked up new16 CD yesterday, Gm said there should be news out regarding warranty in the very near future on vehicles that have never been punched ,
6yrs /100k and there s a long shot 6yrs / unlimited , for me who drives it as a workhorse ������������

Quick Reply: Diesel Cayenne and VW emission issue