Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2020, 02:57 PM
FastAlpine
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 104 Posts

Something is fishy with rsierra. My guess is he wants the car and was hoping to snag a good deal and is now frustrated that ship has sailed.

Stop crapping on his sale and move on.
The following users liked this post:
GM.RS (04-03-2020)
Old 04-03-2020, 03:02 PM
Henley1
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

the only thing fishy is the love for 944s...
Old 04-03-2020, 03:04 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by TouringTeg
Seems like a strategy for you or a friend to get it for a song since you were looking to buy the other orange .1 RS

Silver Arrow has locations in BC, Canada, WA and AZ.
What other orange RS?
Old 04-03-2020, 03:12 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,800 Likes on 1,674 Posts

The PPI does state a small RMS leak.

Most GT3's will get an RMS leak. Mine had two over the course of it's life. Like the smoke on startup, I learned to enjoy it as part of GT3 ownership.

Backstory. I purchased my car from a buddy and the service records stated an RMS fix. Car never leaked on me. Then I went and installed a center delete and lo and behold, I developed a leak. Not saying it was the center delete that caused it. I lived with the leak for years and it never really bothered me. I then removed the center delete and installed a full exhaust system with long tube headers, 200 cell cats, etc.... and the leak stopped. Has not leaked in over a year.

I wouldn't be worried about a RMS leak and certainly not let it stop one from buying a car.

Old 04-03-2020, 03:22 PM
jasonturbo
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 28 Posts

When I had the coolant lines pinned in the fall of 2019 I would have done the RMS if I felt it needed doing, considering I spent 10K at Weissach on entirely preventative work, another <1k to change out the RMS obviously wouldn't have made any difference to me.

Referencing the memo from Porsche regarding the RMS leak on 997 GT3's, this letter was issued in 2008, that means within the first year enough owners complained about leaking RMS that Porsche decided to prepare and issue a technical response to owners. Replacement of RMS seems to have a 50/50 success rate with respect to 'eliminating' the leak, if it really bothers you, install the TT RMS and be done with it.
switchcars (04-03-2020)
Old 04-03-2020, 03:23 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,046 Likes on 664 Posts

hehehe, RAudi, in my aircooled world, if my 964 stops leaking I'm outta oil.

I put the SW center bypass on mine over a year ago, and have not yet seen a leak develop. although mine is a .2

anyway,... certainly the BaT fireworks are an interesting game to watch today. Definitely seems like folks are playing mind games. IMO Jason's car appears to be a heck of an opportunity (& that's even if the bidding #'s continue to go up by several 10x more Cleveland's).
RAudi Driver (04-03-2020)
Old 04-03-2020, 03:28 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jasonturbo
When I had the coolant lines pinned in the fall of 2019 I would have done the RMS if I felt it needed doing, considering I spent 10K at Weissach on entirely preventative work, another <1k to change out the RMS obviously wouldn't have made any difference to me.

Referencing the memo from Porsche regarding the RMS leak on 997 GT3's, this letter was issued in 2008, that means within the first year enough owners complained about leaking RMS that Porsche decided to prepare and issue a technical response to owners. Replacement of RMS seems to have a 50/50 success rate with respect to 'eliminating' the leak, if it really bothers you, install the TT RMS and be done with it.

Exactly, my car had the RMS replaced only to leak again. That's why I chalked it up to a natural occurrence. It it starts leaking again, I won't be fixing it until I have to drop the motor. The one owner thing is a huge plus in my book. I can't wait to see the final minutes. Good luck with the Auction!

p.s. see the undercarriage got a wee bit of love. Looks great now from top to bottom.

Old 04-03-2020, 03:40 PM
rsierra
Banned

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonturbo
You literally have zero interest in buying the car, you post childish/incorrect comments here, the oil leak is noted on the Porsche PPI and is explained by the Porsche N/A memo, and we've already covered how the wear indicators work and how you don't understand how they are to be used, and yet you post this just now...
I thought you took your ball and went home? How.do you know if I do or don't want the car? What are you a mind reader? The car clearly is leaking oil, I thought you were mr transparency? And how in eff do you know the rotors are okay when you haven't measured them?

I'll delete the post, I agree it was childish. Frankly though you're the one acting like a baby.
Old 04-03-2020, 03:51 PM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 468 Likes on 189 Posts

RS expert here. The little dots are not indicative of actual wear on the rotors. Heat, yes. Overall wear, no. Micrometer is the best way to tell as Porsche has specs for minimum thickness. Or just look at the surface and see if it's delaminated or not, that's how I do it.

"Does it look good? Then it IS good!"

Mr. Adair (04-03-2020)
Old 04-03-2020, 03:55 PM
rsierra
Banned

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by rsierra
I thought you took your ball and went home? How.do you know if I do or don't want the car? What are you a mind reader? The car clearly is leaking oil, I thought you were mr transparency? And how in eff do you know the rotors are okay when you haven't measured them?

I'll delete the post, I agree it was childish. Frankly though you're the one acting like a baby.
Well, I went to delete it and guess what JasonTurbo had it deleted for me!!! lol, who's the the freakin' child? What a Richard Cranium, nice job playing hide the weenie!!! You can't make this stuff up!!!

May the winning bidder not have the funds!!! I swear to god I did not see you had it deleted before I posted I would delete it.

It wasn't non constructive either, it was the truth!!! Nice job Jason I'm impressed!!!

Old 04-03-2020, 03:57 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

sierra don't you have something better to do with your time, like paying for a Rennlist membership?

I think all the documentation that is over on BAT pretty much make this as transparent a transaction as one can get. PPI from Porsche stating the condition of the rotors. RMS leak is small, also stated in the PPI. No biggie. I've got an incredible soft spot for Orange .1's and this example would be at the top of my list if I was in a position to procure one.
GM.RS (04-03-2020)
Old 04-03-2020, 04:00 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rsierra
Well, I went to delete it and guess what JasonTurbo had it deleted for me!!! lol, who's the the freakin' child? What a Richard Cranium, nice job playing hide the weenie!!! You can't make this stuff up!!!

May the winning bidder not have the funds!!! I swear to god I did not see you had it deleted before I posted I would delete it.

It wasn't non constructive either, it was the truth!!! Nice job Jason I'm impressed!!!

I think BAT will read over a post that is flagged for being non constructive. Since every concern that you mentioned in your post is in the PPI, maybe they considered it non constructive. It's like asking if the car is orange.

Last edited by RAudi Driver; 04-03-2020 at 04:25 PM.
Old 04-03-2020, 04:06 PM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 468 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
I think BAT will read over a post that is flagged for being non consecutive. Since every concern that you mentioned in your post is in the PPI, it can be considered non constructive. It's like asking if the car is orange.
A comment has to get at least three votes to be flagged as non-constructive. It's really a shame that we have four people with BaT accounts at our office.

I KID I KID we did not flag it. But that is indeed how it works.
The following 2 users liked this post by switchcars:
jasonturbo (04-03-2020), RAudi Driver (04-03-2020)
Old 04-03-2020, 04:07 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,046 Likes on 664 Posts

I'll change the subject here, since so many over on BaT seem to want to claim how the .1 body looks so much better than the .2 - I am definitively in the opposite camp. There is soooo many things about the .2 that I like better than the .1.
just sayin' - I put my vote for looks in the .2 camp.
Fritz Flynn (04-03-2020)
Old 04-03-2020, 04:07 PM
BartN (TX)
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by switchcars
A comment has to get at least three votes to be flagged as non-constructive. It's really a shame that we have four people with BaT accounts at our office.

I KID I KID we did not flag it. But that is indeed how it works.

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...