Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2020, 09:25 PM
stpatsday
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 62 Posts

Regarding the BAT orange RS. Seller says in paragraph two, along with the windshield that both “side sills” were replaced. Would that be the rocker sills? Wondering if so, paint work was done.
Old 04-02-2020, 09:34 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,066 Likes on 2,104 Posts

Originally Posted by stpatsday
Regarding the BAT orange RS. Seller says in paragraph two, along with the windshield that both “side sills” were replaced. Would that be the rocker sills? Wondering if so, paint work was done.
Side sills on an RS are plastic. So no paint work when replacing. But a paint meter on it is never a bad idea to check thickness of the car.
Old 04-02-2020, 10:28 PM
jasonturbo
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by rsierra
You might want want to re-read hf1's post and look at more relative data. The two orange 997.1 GT3R's he references having sold on BaT in the last six months appear to nicer than yours and don't have KPH speedometer.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...-911-gt3-rs-5/ 10k miles sold for $136,500 on 9-26-19
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...che-gt3-rs-13/ 14k miles sold for $129 on 8-13-19

Even the more desireable RS green 2007 GT3 RS sold for $140,000 on 7-18-19
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...che-gt3-rs-12/

The market is clearly softening on these cars. I'm curious to know why you're here defending your "old" car, didn't you sell it to the dealer or do you have some skin in the game?
I struggle to understand how sales data points from 7-8 months ago are somehow more 'relative' than sales data points form 4 months ago.

You also contradict yourself, you state that the market is clearly softening on these cars yet you also point out that the two most recent Orange 997.1 RS sales on BaT were "nicer cars than yours", yet my car is already 4k higher than one of the cars and only 3k shy of the other with 1 day left before hammer drops.

I very clearly stated that I engaged Silver Arrow to sell my car earlier in this thread, obviously I have some skin in the game.

You are strangely critical of my car yet, yet complimentary on the other Orange 997.1 RS's that sold on BaT, even though one of them has a front lip that looks as though it has been chewed on by a small dog... owned by someone that was too cheap to replace a $300 part, I don't buy cars from sellers like that, maybe you do.

https://cdn.bringatrailer.com/wp-con...6709561620.jpg

I won't bother responding to any more of your posts regarding the car, you clearly have skin in the game as well, perhaps you are shopping for a 997 GT3 and are hoping to get one for a song a deal, low brow tactic but good luck.

There is zero paintwork on the car, though you can certainly reach out to Silver Arrow asking for meter readings etc. The only reason the exterior plastic side sills were replaced is because they were pitted from rocks, replacement of the side sills was performed by Weissach when the coolant lines were pinned, the invoice shows the work.

I've sold three GT cars on RL in the past, I never found myself defending those cars in this forum, and every one of those buyers were pleased with their respective purchases... this car will be no different.

I hope that anyone considering the car has appreciated the information I've shared here - Cheers!
The following 7 users liked this post by jasonturbo:
CT944 (04-02-2020), Dervish (04-03-2020), GM.RS (04-03-2020), jonwb (04-03-2020), RAudi Driver (04-02-2020), stpatsday (04-04-2020), TouringTeg (04-03-2020) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-02-2020, 10:30 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,900 Likes on 1,718 Posts

I think they are referring to the carbon fiber door sills on the threshold and not the side skirts on the exterior of the car which Bxstr stated, are plastic and black.

Edit: I just read Jason's reply so mine is no longer relavent.
The following users liked this post:
TouringTeg (04-03-2020)
Old 04-02-2020, 11:11 PM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 87 Posts

Old 04-02-2020, 11:19 PM
Tombstone4478
Rennlist Member

Received 347 Likes on 90 Posts

Hey, check out this car I found on Cars.com: https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...ff=share_other

https://www.porscheofcoloradosprings...co-id-35623521
Old 04-02-2020, 11:23 PM
nle
Rennlist Member

Received 211 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonturbo
I struggle to understand how sales data points from 7-8 months ago are somehow more 'relative' than sales data points form 4 months ago.

You also contradict yourself, you state that the market is clearly softening on these cars yet you also point out that the two most recent Orange 997.1 RS sales on BaT were "nicer cars than yours", yet my car is already 4k higher than one of the cars and only 3k shy of the other with 1 day left before hammer drops.

I very clearly stated that I engaged Silver Arrow to sell my car earlier in this thread, obviously I have some skin in the game.

You are strangely critical of my car yet, yet complimentary on the other Orange 997.1 RS's that sold on BaT, even though one of them has a front lip that looks as though it has been chewed on by a small dog... owned by someone that was too cheap to replace a $300 part, I don't buy cars from sellers like that, maybe you do.

I won't bother responding to any more of your posts regarding the car, you clearly have skin in the game as well, perhaps you are shopping for a 997 GT3 and are hoping to get one for a song a deal, low brow tactic but good luck.

There is zero paintwork on the car, though you can certainly reach out to Silver Arrow asking for meter readings etc. The only reason the exterior plastic side sills were replaced is because they were pitted from rocks, replacement of the side sills was performed by Weissach when the coolant lines were pinned, the invoice shows the work.

I've sold three GT cars on RL in the past, I never found myself defending those cars in this forum, and every one of those buyers were pleased with their respective purchases... this car will be no different.

I hope that anyone considering the car has appreciated the information I've shared here - Cheers!
Jason, you’ve provided very valuable insight here that most folks on BaT are not able to glean into unless they also follow this thread. Clearly, this is well maintained and cared for vehicle, and the current bidding reflects this. Good examples will garner its value even in this market. Kudos to you and SilverArrow for going through with a no reserve auction. Good luck tomorrow and cheers!
jasonturbo (04-02-2020)
Old 04-03-2020, 07:52 AM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,066 Likes on 2,104 Posts

Remember that while it is important to identify things like a RMS leak, whether or not coolant lines have been pinned, a repainted front bumper, a chewed up front lip, these items should probably not prevent you from buying a car if you are planning to actually drive it. Jason's car appears to be a very nice one, but with or without a RMS leak, I would be buying it if I was in the market. An otherwise perfect car should not be avoided due to something this simple and I don't even think price should be adjusted accordingly for it with how common it is. Same with a front lip, it is easy enough to replace that.
Old 04-03-2020, 08:24 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

In 2009 I passed on an as-new 150-ish msrp black/orange RS with 1500 miles that sat listed for $93k at the dealer for a while.

The present market sentiment (about all assets) feels more 2007, than 2009.
Old 04-03-2020, 02:08 PM
rsierra
Banned

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

delete
Old 04-03-2020, 02:29 PM
jasonturbo
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 28 Posts

delete
You literally have zero interest in buying the car, you post childish/incorrect comments here, the oil leak is noted on the Porsche PPI and is explained by the Porsche N/A memo, and we've already covered how the wear indicators work and how you don't understand how they are to be used, and yet you post this just now...

GM.RS (04-03-2020)
Old 04-03-2020, 02:32 PM
BartN (TX)
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 37 Posts

You literally have zero interest in buying the car, you post childish/incorrect comments here, the oil leak is noted on the Porsche PPI and is explained by the Porsche N/A memo, and we've already covered how the wear indicators work and how you don't understand how they are to be used, and yet you post this just now...
What a childish tool move. Every forum has them though.
GM.RS (04-03-2020)
Old 04-03-2020, 02:39 PM
Henley1
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

why try to **** on a guys auction? reeks of jealousy.
The following 3 users liked this post by Henley1:
GM.RS (04-03-2020), TouringTeg (04-03-2020), WantA997 (04-03-2020)
Old 04-03-2020, 02:45 PM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 87 Posts

So does that mean you won't mention the oil drop between the trans and engine? How about the ceramic brake wear markers that are clearly visible in the pic's? Maybe you're waiting until the auction has 2-3 minutes to go? Just curious, thanks
Or in your case, 2 hours to go.

What a scumbag move.
GM.RS (04-03-2020)
Old 04-03-2020, 02:53 PM
TouringTeg
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems like a strategy for you or a friend to get it for a song since you were looking to buy the other orange .1 RS

Silver Arrow has locations in BC, Canada, WA and AZ.

Quick Reply: The 997 GT3/RS Cars For Sale Thread...