Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 05:05 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Red mist eh John. I'm going to have to hand over the 7/10's mantel to you soon mate:
No, I'm happy just being a road cone
Old 06-06-2014, 05:05 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxem
For a simple old SC, that one nails it.
Yes agreed.

Simply beautiful and you know it's a Magnus car. He has managed to achieve his own Porsche style..........
Old 06-06-2014, 05:11 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
I'll be out at 12:30. Do I need to get a ticket to get into pits?
I think you'll need a ticket to get in the gate - nothing special to get in the pits but anyone working on car in pit lane has to be in overalls I think. You could blag your way in as crew but safe to have a ticket as its $20 otherwise. I'll leave them in my letterbox just in case.

For a simple old SC, that one nails it.
Beautiful eh? Prefer the older ones though and that leather you're working towards for yours is perfect. Can't wait to see it take shape.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:14 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by peterC2S
I think you'll need a ticket to get in the gate - nothing special to get in the pits but anyone working on car in pit lane has to be in overalls I think. You could blag your way in as crew but safe to have a ticket as its $20 otherwise. I'll leave them in my letterbox just in case.
Great, I'll pick it up early (7:30) tomorrow as spending the morning shifting furniture on the shore. I'll bring my race suit out.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:49 AM
CS Mende
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

I've been less than impressed by the condition of packages arriving here. I'm even more disappointed that when I pay for FedEx from the US (who is flawless 99% of the time) they use NZ post for final leg here rurally. Pretty amazed nothing has been broken yet, though most packages have been well worked over.

Steve told me there was a far cheaper option from Australia but I haven't seen it. I also thought the windscreen on Chris M's car was a possibility. It seemed to survive the crash. I think it was near new.
My windshield is good -- risk will be getting it out w/o breaking it, but it's doing no one any good in a bent shell. Check with Steve tomorrow if he has any plans on it. It was put in early November 2013, no chips or flaws, green/blue tint up top and integrated antenna.

Dave - you can borrow these lederhosen for a pattern, though you may want to look at suede. Skip the gimp suit -- to hot. 3/4 length is what you want!

Managed to pass my M-grade today, pretty easy. Almost missed the blood alcohol level question when I saw the option to select "Just stop drinking 6 hours before the event".

I spent a bit of time with the boys today during practice... as Pete said, quite a step up. Fun to see the variety of crews there. I'll be down around noon tomorrow sans lederhosen.
Attached Images  
Old 06-06-2014, 06:21 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

^^^^when I asked for a pattern, I would never have expected anyone to actually own a pair....
Old 06-06-2014, 06:39 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

^^^^when I asked for a pattern, I would never have expected anyone to actually own a pair....
^^^
Hobbit Trousers!!
Old 06-06-2014, 07:56 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Another great service by Peter A. Herman is all ready for the track with the rear dropped 10mm and front dropped 15mm. Feels like a go kart.
John. Serious Geo mate. You really are going for the sub 1.20. Good on you. Pete has used identical front camber settings to my current 993 front set up. Hes pushed the front toe out which will give it that twitchy go cart feel on the road but work well on the track (road tyres reduce that feeling quite a bit too). Its a reasonably aggressive geo for the road (youll get more inside wear). But it should be good for 0.5+s at HD. The front tyres will benefit the most from more even temp across the the tread.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:37 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
John. Serious Geo mate. You really are going for the sub 1.20. Good on you. Pete has used identical front camber settings to my current 993 front set up. Hes pushed the front toe out which will give it that twitchy go cart feel on the road but work well on the track (road tyres reduce that feeling quite a bit too). Its a reasonably aggressive geo for the road (youll get more inside wear). But it should be good for 0.5+s at HD. The front tyres will benefit the most from more even temp across the the tread.
Yes, very nice and one benefit of that platform. Haven't found anywhere yet that can get more than one degree of negative camber up front on my stock suspended 996T, though rumour has it that a crowbar might squeeze it as far as -1.5. Lucky there's a few straights at Hampton.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:30 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Audi welcoming Porsche back to Le Mans
Old 06-06-2014, 03:38 PM
ChrisB_NZ
Racer

Originally Posted by gt38088
whew. on waiheke for a couple of days off site strategy meetings. Just caught up on a few pages.

I reckon a 265 Megane is much more benign than the v6 clio for a targa car. Much easier to drive and not tail happy in the wet. I have done a lot of road mile in a clio 172.

whats the news on chris' new targa car?? may have scanned everything too quick to note this tonight
That would be my new multi purpose vehicle. Second tow car and Targa Tour car rolled in to one. A bit of an impulse buy, but an Audi S4 manual, 4.2l V8. In tow vehicle mode yesterday as I headed to Pukekohe.
Attached Images  
Old 06-06-2014, 03:47 PM
ChrisB_NZ
Racer

[QUOTE=CS Mende;11421372Managed to pass my M-grade today, pretty easy. Almost missed the blood alcohol level question when I saw the option to select "Just stop drinking 6 hours before the event".

I spent a bit of time with the boys today during practice... as Pete said, quite a step up. Fun to see the variety of crews there. I'll be down around noon tomorrow sans lederhosen.[/QUOTE]

Chris, good work re license!

If you or anyone else wants tickets for Pukekohe I can leave some in my letterbox today as well. Just PM or text me if you want some and don't know my address.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:25 PM
CS Mende
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm good - Terry slipped me one after exam. Thank you!
Old 06-06-2014, 05:29 PM
Obsessed
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Good luck to the racers today, have fun! I'd hoped to sneak along for a look but that's not looking very likely
Old 06-06-2014, 05:30 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by ChrisB_NZ
That would be my new multi purpose vehicle. Second tow car and Targa Tour car rolled in to one. A bit of an impulse buy, but an Audi S4 manual, 4.2l V8. In tow vehicle mode yesterday as I headed to Pukekohe.
Nice one Chris... Good thinking!

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?