Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 01:11 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by peterC2S
It's under control Macca - dates and tracks are booked - 11-14 Sep.
Maybe time to put something up on Rennsport?
Old 03-02-2014, 01:14 AM
CS Mende
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a bit of a disappointment guys! I was a bit surprised to see the tour guys all bunched up together. I luckily happened to come up to the gate on your return trip to get hammered by everyone in a row! Again, average photography skills, but caught your thumbs up Pete.

Pics all seem to be online now.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:31 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CS Mende
That's a bit of a disappointment guys! I was a bit surprised to see the tour guys all bunched up together. I luckily happened to come up to the gate on your return trip to get hammered by everyone in a row! Again, average photography skills, but caught your thumbs up Pete. Pics all seem to be online now.
Your link worked before, but now just goes to a generic photo stream page.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:32 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Maybe time to put something up on Rennsport?
Will probably do immediately after the SITT - we have a few details that we need to talk through and will be good to do that when we are all in one place. But main thing is that the tracks all have provisional bookings.

Not sure if we will have a demand issue for Manfield - do you reckon we will have more than 15 wanting to come? Ideal total for Taupo is 30-40 in 3 groups - makes for a great day's running.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:47 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Just checking RL and back on-line after changing 8 wheels and 4 sets of pads. Phew!

Did Doug have a smile on his face?
Sure did. But it was over in a blink :-(. Enough of a taste to imagine what the real deal with 3 days and 450km would be like.

Originally Posted by Macca
Paul. Not hardcore enough for me LOL. Im doing the 6 day 20th Anniversary event with Jamie Cootes - I need to make my time on the ground work harder for me than a 2 day event if possible. Ideally Id love to get an HD session in before or after the NITT in September too to make that effectively a 4 day 3 track event. After SITT. NITT will be next up for me. We will need to start organising that in April...where's Peter?

NI Targa will be better than NITT Macca. Like Paul says, 3 days ont he road, 450km of closed sections.

Sounds like a mixed experience. Weren't you also circulating at Pukekohe as well? While I have enjoyed the Classic Trials, hands down Playday offers the best cost/driving ratio and the least hassle as well. I know it's all about safety, but try refuelling at a sanctioned motorsports event and see how much palaver there is, you need someone with an extinguisher in hand and full protection while you do it.
We chose a Ron drive over Puke. We all figured we would probably not be insured for the Puke event as it wasn't Playday and we handn't had time to let Prestigio know.

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
It's 3 days - 450kms special stages and 700-ish touring. Sure beats 20kms of special stages........... .
I'm in! :-P
Old 03-02-2014, 01:52 AM
O2GO
Drifting

John, my 964 cold idle is much better after you reset it on your laptop - thank you!

Is that something we should take with us to the SITT in case diagnostics are required?

Your car is looking great. Only 5 sleeps now :-)

Read up the instructions on my suspension and checked the hardness settings on the front units.... Set at 11 (hard end of the scale), factory setting is 8, so plenty of scope to soften them up for the road. They were pretty hard on Ron's drive with track tyres on. Might have a play on the Cape Reinga run if time permits (it probably won't).
Old 03-02-2014, 02:10 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Will probably do immediately after the SITT - we have a few details that we need to talk through and will be good to do that when we are all in one place. But main thing is that the tracks all have provisional bookings. Not sure if we will have a demand issue for Manfield - do you reckon we will have more than 15 wanting to come? Ideal total for Taupo is 30-40 in 3 groups - makes for a great day's running.
How many slots are we committing to at each track?
Old 03-02-2014, 02:17 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
John, my 964 cold idle is much better after you reset it on your laptop - thank you! Is that something we should take with us to the SITT in case diagnostics are required? Your car is looking great. Only 5 sleeps now :-) Read up the instructions on my suspension and checked the hardness settings on the front units.... Set at 11 (hard end of the scale), factory setting is 8, so plenty of scope to soften them up for the road. They were pretty hard on Ron's drive with track tyres on. Might have a play on the Cape Reinga run if time permits (it probably won't).
I'll bring it with me. I will need a laptop for the AIM and GoPro so it only involves bringing the cable.

Yes, five sleeps to go. Did the Cape Reinga decal work ok?
Old 03-02-2014, 02:36 AM
O2GO
Drifting

I'll bring it with me. I will need a laptop for the AIM and GoPro so it only involves bringing the cable. Yes, five sleeps to go. Did the Cape Reinga decal work ok?
Yes the decal did work ok thanks. It was pretty tricky removing the backing as the letters tended to peel away as well, but with a credit card to hold them I got there. I wonder if that type of decal would be better applied without soapy water? The RSG HD logos eventually dried out and now look good. Paul had a good idea for the targa tour banner. I didn't want to ruin the RSG banner on the Boxster so we taped the TT banner over the top without removing the backing from it. Worked perfectly. The car is now back to normal with no damage to the RSG banner.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:40 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
Yes the decal did work ok thanks. It was pretty tricky removing the backing as the letters tended to peel away as well, but with a credit card to hold them I got there. I wonder if that type of decal would be better applied without soapy water? The RSG HD logos eventually dried out and now look good. Paul had a good idea for the targa tour banner. I didn't want to ruin the RSG banner on the Boxster so we taped the TT banner over the top without removing the backing from it. Worked perfectly. The car is now back to normal with no damage to the RSG banner.
Great. It would be easier with no soapy water, but only if you get it right first time!
Old 03-02-2014, 02:48 AM
CS Mende
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Your link worked before, but now just goes to a generic photo stream page.
Odd ... just in case: https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A4GdIshaGxUxcT
Old 03-02-2014, 02:57 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CS Mende
That works. Thanks.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:03 AM
O2GO
Drifting

That works. Thanks.
Thanks for the photos Chris.

How are you guys looking for the Cape Reinga run?
Old 03-02-2014, 03:20 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

It's under control Macca - dates and tracks are booked - 11-14 Sep.
Great to hear Pete. Made my weekend. Thanks for starting that!

NITT=1200km touring + 400-1600km track work (assumes 2-3 tracks) wins over Targa Rotorua.
SI Targa = 4800km touring and 750km competition wins over Targa Rotorua.

Im back in NZ for a month for SITT. Problem Im facing is that by early April I will have spent 2.5 months travelling/having fun/spending money and 1.5 months actually at home! I dont start my "mini retirement" until 2015!
Old 03-02-2014, 04:51 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Will probably do immediately after the SITT - we have a few details that we need to talk through and will be good to do that when we are all in one place. But main thing is that the tracks all have provisional bookings. Not sure if we will have a demand issue for Manfield - do you reckon we will have more than 15 wanting to come? Ideal total for Taupo is 30-40 in 3 groups - makes for a great day's running.
How many slots are we committing to at each track?
Taupo is ours so like last year we have to fill it to dilute our cost. The more the merrier - 3 groups of 12-13 would be perfect.

Manfield is a Playday and we have 1 of the 4 groups. If the demand was there we could look at extras but they would overflow to the regular group. That way at least no one who wants to tour misses out.

We had 20 RSG members at Taupo last year but only 13 went on to Manfield.

Plenty of time to plan (& plot!) over a central otago Pinot or two in a fortnight's time!

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?