Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2014 | 09:39 PM
CS Mende
Pro

Originally Posted by Maxem
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Monte...65515360354644

Just went to google the address of the paint shop and found this. Can't wait to see it.
Hell yeah! Go ORANGE!
Old 10-05-2014 | 09:47 PM
Maxem
Drifting

You know, after all the cars I've owned, I've never had one painted - other than minor fender benders - New experience here.
Old 10-05-2014 | 09:51 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Monte...65515360354644 Just went to google the address of the paint shop and found this. Can't wait to see it.
Your car?
Old 10-05-2014 | 10:59 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Originally Posted by John McM
Your car?
Yes. Steve is outsourcing the painting on this one
Old 10-06-2014 | 12:14 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Eion Abernethy (white 993 track car at Manfield) sent me a few pictures today of my GT3. They included this one of the three white girls lined up on track and a few others that may be of interest (Im living off the memories now!).
Attached Images      
Old 10-06-2014 | 01:58 AM
Ralf G
Instructor

The idea for BB started late June / early July. Since then Black Beauty has completed 49 track day sessions in total (40 @ HD and 9 spread between Taupo and Manfield). Judging from my sessions yesterday she is still running strong.

As the leaderboard evolves some things are becoming clear: seat time, weather and track traffic impact significantly on times. As the times start to bunch up, it will be difficult to markedly improve your time and therefore place on the board unless you get lucky i.e. dry track, little traffic and two or three sessions in a row.

So what is the general thought out there? Stay as is? Recapitalise to reduce the numbers so the harder core get more time, fairly? Throw better tyres on when the Toyos are gone (we bought rims and Dunlop Direzza ZII tyres for the race cars at $915 all up). Sell up?

Soon, the WOF will become due, then the Rego. If we keep it (my preference) I'd like to keep both current as it gives options e.g. it can be stored off track. That will add to the ongoing costs.

All in all this has worked far better than I thought it would, however I sense it's time for an evolution.

Yeah totally agree, It worked out pretty good.
- keep WOF and Rego
- next tyres Dunlop Direzza ZII
- recapitalize, fine with me if needed

Lets see what all the others think.
I am happy with the democratic decision as long as it keeps us driving her
Old 10-06-2014 | 02:01 AM
Ralf G
Instructor

Originally Posted by CS Mende
Some color for your Monday morning.
great pictures, great cars. especially the silver targa :wink:
Old 10-06-2014 | 02:53 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by nzskater
Great news; we'll be able to tie in a drive through from/to Russell. Love that section of road.
Me too, a favourite :-D

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Monte...65515360354644 Just went to google the address of the paint shop and found this. Can't wait to see it.
Nice Dave...looks like they're pretty keyed up and proud of this job. Have liked their page so hopefully they keep updating it and I can follow the progress. Probably a real dumb question but if they're going to paint the insides next, why do they completely mask off the inside?
Old 10-06-2014 | 06:51 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Ralf, the grin + wheel lift photo is great! http://clmintiepix.photoshelter.com/...00HX8uzsevL6k/
Old 10-06-2014 | 02:43 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Originally Posted by O2GO
Me too, a favourite :-D

Nice Dave...looks like they're pretty keyed up and proud of this job. Have liked their page so hopefully they keep updating it and I can follow the progress. Probably a real dumb question but if they're going to paint the insides next, why do they completely mask off the inside?
I think that was so that they could prep and primer the outside first without getting overspray on the internal prepared surfaces. A question I will ask today
Old 10-06-2014 | 02:50 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Originally Posted by Ralf G
Yeah totally agree, It worked out pretty good.
- keep WOF and Rego
- next tyres Dunlop Direzza ZII
- recapitalize, fine with me if needed

Lets see what all the others think.
I am happy with the democratic decision as long as it keeps us driving her
Agree. Time to step it up. It wasn't my choice to change the car but after back to backing the Honda's on Saturday, BB showed to be woefully undertyred. Would need to rule off the old leaderboard and start a new one. Maybe upon agreement if everyone thinks the've had a fair suck of the sav as it is, then it is time to fit new tyres. Maybe she has a few more days in her yet in current config. I would like another crack at the leaderboard before the change - Saturday didn't really work out for us.
Old 10-06-2014 | 03:41 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by nzskater
Ralf, the grin + wheel lift photo is great! http://clmintiepix.photoshelter.com/...00HX8uzsevL6k/
haha. tripod. great stuff
Old 10-06-2014 | 03:49 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Agree. Time to step it up. It wasn't my choice to change the car but after back to backing the Honda's on Saturday, BB showed to be woefully undertyred. Would need to rule off the old leaderboard and start a new one. Maybe upon agreement if everyone thinks the've had a fair suck of the sav as it is, then it is time to fit new tyres. Maybe she has a few more days in her yet in current config. I would like another crack at the leaderboard before the change - Saturday didn't really work out for us.
I have 3 slots booked for 18/10 (2 are for race cars) and Sam is looking at getting a slot for 8/11. I think we poll when the current tyres have had it. I won't run in BB on either of those days so fill your boots. While not happy with my placing I am happy to rule a line under the current configuration as is, for me.
Old 10-06-2014 | 05:29 PM
Runtothehills
Racer

I have 3 slots booked for 18/10 (2 are for race cars) and Sam is looking at getting a slot for 8/11. I think we poll when the current tyres have had it. I won't run in BB on either of those days so fill your boots. While not happy with my placing I am happy to rule a line under the current configuration as is, for me.
Thanks John, Next weekend should be a fun day with all 3 RSG Hondas out there again. 8/11 is now booked too, with Dave, Peter and I in at the mo.
Old 10-06-2014 | 05:43 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Runtothehills
Thanks John, Next weekend should be a fun day with all 3 RSG Hondas out there again. 8/11 is now booked too, with Dave, Peter and I in at the mo.
Sam, I would limit yourself to those people now for BB. 2 sessions are needed to dial yourselves in. Some of the race guys might bring out BB2 and the Grinch. As you know I will be in Sydney so will miss out

I know Chris M is eager to get out there on the 18th. Were you also looking at the 18th? I'm losing track.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?