Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 07:05 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
Hey John, here's the 964 I was telling you about today. Notice how good the tail lights and reflector strip is on the rear. In his thread in the 964 section "my 1991 c2..." He shows a few shots and describes how he got them looking like this.

Looking at the top of his wheels in relation to the guards looks like the stance you outlined to me today, but check out how low that makes the car!

Some nice photos you should all checkout on this blog here. Really nice photography too....

http://www.stanceworks.com/2014/02/j...s-porsche-964/

Interesting article. Lovely car. Way too slammed for our roads and youd never get any decent track camber on a car with wheels that tight in the guards. Interesting to read hes done similar to your plans. Air con fix and rebuilt the calipers. I love those drilled Adams rotors he has on that rig and if I were a 964 owner and those had a good rep Id put them on right away to reduce the issue of pads sticking with hot with brakes on etc. Some good ideas in that article...

You can run up to 7mm spacers (cub centric not bolt on) fine on these wheels on the track.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:09 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

John. Check with Dean to make sure that switch isnt redundant on ROW config 964s. You must be running WOT maps so something is triggering it. I looked up my management files and my ECU is programmed to revert tables at 60% TPS. Infact I run open loop system 100% of time (no o2 sensors in my car as was motorsport variant for leaded fuel).
Old 02-15-2014, 07:27 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

What are you doing about the stance Paul?

And, what's the chance of making the Cape Reinga trip, or at least the Sunday run up to Waipu to meet us on our return. All great roads. 2 weeks time.
Probably go RS geo plus 10mm and set a soft ride, maybe start at 5 front and rear?

PSS10's have landed, had to pay a couple bucks in customs. I should be fine for this. I will take the c3 if 993 is in bits.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:30 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

John are you signed up for Sat at Puke??
Old 02-15-2014, 07:31 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

I am missing the C3 - think I prefer it to the 993
Old 02-15-2014, 02:04 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks Paul. Will avoid them at the track then. I assume they introduce potential for play and look less strong than bolting the wheel directly to the hub to me. Looks nice for the road though :-)
Good call Doug. Thats what I ended up doing because they are pretty much all for show and add nothing but extra weight on track when we have no reason to look beautiful there.
Spacers for show. No spacers for go.
They certainly do emphasise the cup 2's though.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:14 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
John are you signed up for Sat at Puke??
No. I looked at my points and figure I need one more round this season but my preference is to do that at HD. Plus I need to use next Saturday to get my Z221s from Browns Bay in time for HD on the 26th.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:25 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Maxem
Good call Doug. Thats what I ended up doing because they are pretty much all for show and add nothing but extra weight on track when we have no reason to look beautiful there. Spacers for show. No spacers for go. They certainly do emphasise the cup 2's though.
I assume the track tyres don't rub without spacers on?

My Fuchs rub front and back with Z221s. The fronts rub on full lock, but there is nothing vital there so I've done nothing yet. The rears have 6mm spacers fitted because the driver side has vital oil lines. Sam had rubbing there as well. It would pay to check before hitting the road.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:30 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PHG
happy to, if I can help ..will PM you
Having had sciatica and a lumber laminectomy in the late 80s I feel for both of you with back pain. If I still had it, I doubt I could drive at all on the track. Debilitating and really affects the quality of life.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:34 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxem
Good call Doug. Thats what I ended up doing because they are pretty much all for show and add nothing but extra weight on track when we have no reason to look beautiful there. Spacers for show. No spacers for go. They certainly do emphasise the cup 2's though.
Thanks Dave. Agree 100%
Old 02-15-2014, 02:38 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by John McM
I assume the track tyres don't rub without spacers on? My Fuchs rub front and back with Z221s. The fronts rub on full lock, but there is nothing vital there so I've done nothing yet. The rears have 6mm spacers fitted because the driver side has vital oil lines. Sam had rubbing there as well. It would pay to check before hitting the road.
Dave's 16" D90 setup is well proven so will be fine. But good point re trailing my 17" 996 track wheels. What's the recommended method to test this (ie suspension travel) with such hard springs? Put them on and jack up the opposite side and check for clearance on the low side?
Old 02-15-2014, 02:40 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
John. Check with Dean to make sure that switch isnt redundant on ROW config 964s. You must be running WOT maps so something is triggering it. I looked up my management files and my ECU is programmed to revert tables at 60% TPS. Infact I run open loop system 100% of time (no o2 sensors in my car as was motorsport variant for leaded fuel).
I'll simply mention it on my pre SITT check up that they look at it.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:41 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by John McM
I assume the track tyres don't rub without spacers on? My Fuchs rub front and back with Z221s. The fronts rub on full lock, but there is nothing vital there so I've done nothing yet. The rears have 6mm spacers fitted because the driver side has vital oil lines. Sam had rubbing there as well. It would pay to check before hitting the road.
Good point re my 17" track tyres. Apart from jacking up one side to get a bit of suspension travel on the opposite side and checking clearances, what's the appropriate way to test without hitting the road and potentially damaging tyres?

Edit: previous post timed out on posting. rRpeating myself thinking the post failed. First post of the day on iPad often does that to me :-(
Old 02-15-2014, 02:46 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Good point re my 17" track tyres. Apart from jacking up one side to get a bit of suspension travel on the opposite side and checking clearances, what's the appropriate way to test without hitting the road and potentially damaging tyres? Edit: precious post times out. Jensen repeating myself thinking the post failed. First post of the day on iPad often does that to me :-(
It's a hard line so takes lots of abuse. I just put a price of tape over the likely rub point and go for a drive. If the tape is rubbed, then get some spacers. Should be fine on 16" wheels.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:48 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
I am missing the C3 - think I prefer it to the 993
Bugger. Buyers and sellers remorse? You still technically own the C3, no? Back out and make a profit on the 993?

I'm sure Macca will have something to say in the 993s defense.

In time you'll get it going fast and feeling great I'm sure.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?