Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 09:29 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Subject to a PPI and long test drive (well why not) Dave and I have a deal and can both move ahead on our new projects.

Its nice to have these great cars stay within our group. So, the Boxster becomes the DD and possible Targa Tour car and the 964 will go to Cape Reinga and the SITT and becomes my misty red 7/10ths track and fun car.
Attached Images    
Old 02-07-2014, 09:52 PM
mjg
Pro

Congratulations, Doug! Glad the car is staying within the Gruppe.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:56 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by mjg
Congratulations, Doug! Glad the car is staying within the Gruppe.
Thanks Matt. Thanks to your and Dave's stewardship she is beautifully setup. I have a lot to learn (about air cooled 964s) but hope to keep her for a long long time and introduce my own touches and many happy memories in time.

Are you in for the Cape Reinga run?
Old 02-07-2014, 10:03 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
Subject to a PPI and long test drive (well why not) Dave and I have a deal and can both move ahead on our new projects.

Its nice to have these great cars stay within our group. So, the Boxster becomes the DD and possible Targa Tour car and the 964 will go to Cape Reinga and the SITT and becomes my misty red 7/10ths track and fun car.
Awesome mate - so what level of spec did you end up taking? Race seat, heigo, Mod 07 steering wheel?

Am assuming you went the whole hog? Leaving Dave the gold D90s of course...
Old 02-07-2014, 10:04 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Doug, glad you announced it. The 964 fraternity are very happy to keep the car in the Gruppe.

Now I hope you realise ownership comes with responsibllities. We'll have a briefing on track etiquette.

The best bit though is the upcoming trip. Cape Reinga to Bluff in 964 convoy. An auspicious start with four of us going to the Cape.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:10 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Yip. You'll change your mind again soon John LOL! Mate that interior still needs some decent RS door cards. A rear RS carpet set like Chris is doing would set if off nicely....neither mod is expensive.
No comment about ride height? You are softening. Agree that the interior could do with a refit. I stepped aside from buying Dave's doors cards now the car has a new owner. I'll let that one brew over the next year, as with the carpet. I quite like the look of a console delete.
Attached Images  
Old 02-07-2014, 10:55 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Big congrats Doug. I think you made the right decision.

John. I assumed you had shocks on the way hence no mention of pogo height 964 ;-), I very much approve of your centre console delete. I also really love those exposed shifters. Check out Patrick Motorsports (IRCC) in States as they have a really lovely billet (comes also anodised black) set up for your car that would look the dogs with the centre console delete. The door cards and rear carpet set are no brainers and not costly if you install them yourself. Probably best to just slip those between some Grohe tap wear purchases ex USA. I did that a few years back and saved around 40% on the Grohe which covered the CF interior bits...
Old 02-07-2014, 10:55 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Awesome mate - so what level of spec did you end up taking? Race seat, heigo, Mod 07 steering wheel? Am assuming you went the whole hog? Leaving Dave the gold D90s of course...
Thanks Pete. And its red too!

Unfortunately someone in the Gruppe bet me to the cage as Dave began to take the car back towards standard. That's all that escaped though:-) I'm looking to get a set of those nice RSR seats from Steve like John has fitted plus a harness bar. Until the seats are sorted I have the use of Dave's race seat.

We're getting the grey D90s painted gold to match the others for the track. Other colour suggestions are welcome. I might play around in photoshop :-)

Anyway, they're growing on me :-)

For road trips I'll use the Cup 2s which are ex-Macca ex-Dave so I need to treat them well.

Is your Cayman going to be here in time for the Cape Reinga trip or unlikely?
Old 02-07-2014, 10:58 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by John McM
No comment about ride height? You are softening. Agree that the interior could do with a refit. I stepped aside from buying Dave's doors cards now the car has a new owner. I'll let that one brew over the next year, as with the carpet. I quite like the look of a console delete.
John is a true gentleman.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:00 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Big congrats Doug. I think you made the right decision. John. I assumed you had shocks on the way hence no mention of pogo height 964 ;-), I very much approve of your centre console delete. I also really love those exposed shifters. Check out Patrick Motorsports (IRCC) in States as they have a really lovely billet (comes also anodised black) set up for your car that would look the dogs with the centre console delete. The door cards and rear carpet set are no brainers and not costly if you install them yourself. Probably best to just slip those between some Grohe tap wear purchases ex USA. I did that a few years back and saved around 40% on the Grohe which covered the CF interior bits...
Thanks Macca!
Old 02-07-2014, 11:23 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
Thanks Pete. And its red too!

Is your Cayman going to be here in time for the Cape Reinga trip or unlikely?
Someone's got to keep a red one in the Gruppe to keep all those white ones at bay. Its like they're breeding.

Still on target to land NZ on 2 Mar. Thereafter I'll do what I can to get it complied quickly. If it is ready though the other thing to consider is how soon PV transport will want it and Paul's to transport to Chch ready for the SITT. I've pulled out on the RSG thread but it a last minute blast is feasible I'll do it and sort my own accommodation.

It's been a tough summer with no weekend car to go for a blast in. Track days are all I've had so itching to go for a good road run.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:58 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Someone's got to keep a red one in the Gruppe to keep all those white ones at bay. Its like they're breeding.
The white ones are like weeping angels, blink and more appear!!!
Old 02-08-2014, 12:04 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
The white ones are like weeping angels, blink and more appear!!!
Fantastic, another whovian in the gruppe.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:06 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

These just came up on 993 board thought they might interest anyone wanting some seriois road seats for 964 993...John you are sorted now but Paul these could be a better bet than sports seats....

I figured my fellow 993 fans would be interested in what I think is the coolest aftermarket seat in a 993... Just listed this in Parts:

I have a pair of Genuine Recaro A8-2nd generation seats. They come complete with rails for a 993 or 964. The are black leather with Charcoal Gray Alacantara centers.

The seats are easily a 9/10. The only wear is some scuffs on the backs of the seats, very minor.

Direct fit in a 993 or 964, not sure about earlier models. Only issue on A8's in these cars is that you can't run the recliner ***** on the inside of the seat but recliner ***** on outside of seats works just fine.

VERY RARE, these were bought back in 2007 as part of a Rennlist group buy. Unobtanium here in the US. About the coolest seat you can install in a 993 or 964. Just going a different direction with my car...

Price is $3500 + shipping
Attached Images  
Old 02-08-2014, 12:50 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

These just came up on 993 board thought they might interest anyone wanting some seriois road seats for 964 993...John you are sorted now but Paul these could be a better bet than sports seats.... I figured my fellow 993 fans would be interested in what I think is the coolest aftermarket seat in a 993... Just listed this in Parts: I have a pair of Genuine Recaro A8-2nd generation seats. They come complete with rails for a 993 or 964. The are black leather with Charcoal Gray Alacantara centers. The seats are easily a 9/10. The only wear is some scuffs on the backs of the seats, very minor. Direct fit in a 993 or 964, not sure about earlier models. Only issue on A8's in these cars is that you can't run the recliner ***** on the inside of the seat but recliner ***** on outside of seats works just fine. VERY RARE, these were bought back in 2007 as part of a Rennlist group buy. Unobtanium here in the US. About the coolest seat you can install in a 993 or 964. Just going a different direction with my car... Price is $3500 + shipping
The seat Steve lent me was comfortable and gave instant height. The only negative was the clearance between the seat and the tunnel. A very tight fit. I'm surprised the RSR seats that Steve sold me have so much tunnel clearance in comparison.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?