Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Interesting wheel treatment - body colour
Attached Images   
Old 02-09-2014, 04:14 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pete has posted a new thread on the RSG board for the Sunday 9th March drive up to Langs Beach to meet the Cape Reinga adventurers on our return. I've since posted a suggested route and meeting place at the start and where to meet us for lunch at Waipu (a few k's north of Langs Beach).

Also, anyone else interested in the Cape Reinga run on the 7th-9th March we've booked accommodation for those confirmed (6 of us) so those who expressed interest (Paul, Matt, and a few others) now the time to commit and secure accommodation. The itinerary and all details are posted on hue he RSG board.

Confirmed we have:
John M
Michael D
Chris M
Mark P
Pel - through to Paihia
Myself

Three more weekends to go then we're on the road :-P
Old 02-09-2014, 04:16 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by John McM
Interesting wheel treatment - body colour
Needs clear indicators then it could go in a Persil Ad :-)
Old 02-09-2014, 04:18 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
Pete has posted a new thread on the RSG board for the Sunday 9th March drive up to Langs Beach to meet the Cape Reinga adventurers on our return. I've since posted a suggested route and meeting place at the start and where to meet us for lunch at Waipu (a few k's north of Langs Beach). Also, anyone else interested in the Cape Reinga run on the 7th-9th March we've booked accommodation for those confirmed (6 of us) so those who expressed interest (Paul, Matt, and a few others) now the time to commit and secure accommodation. The itinerary and all details are posted on hue he RSG board. Confirmed we have: John M Michael D Chris M Mark P Pel - through to Paihia Myself Three more weekends to go then we're on the road :-P
4 out of 6 are white
4 out of 6 are 964.

There's a trend building!
Old 02-09-2014, 05:26 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Dave. You are D90 maniac. Those wheels died with American Pie once drilled brake discs and red callipers became De rigour (964T onwards 1993) LOL!

John. 4 are white 4 are 964 and lets hope 4 little piggies go wee wee wee all the way home!

As Paul will attest the only trend building is those who dont have the good enough taste to buy a 993 ;-)
Old 02-09-2014, 05:44 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Dave. You are D90 maniac. Those wheels died with American Pie once drilled brake discs and red callipers became De rigour (964T onwards 1993) LOL! John. 4 are white 4 are 964 and lets hope 4 little piggies go wee wee wee all the way home! As Paul will attest the only trend building is those who dont have the good enough taste to buy a 993 ;-)
Macca, I have learned the power of karma. Post a video one weekend of another car blowing its coolant all over the track and have it happen to yourself the following weekend.

I hope we all finish the SITT in one piece, however history is not on our side with this one. Air cooled and water pumpers suffered alike on the NITT. That's why I think we should all be sorting our vehicles before the big run starts and am sure most are. The run to Cape Reinga is a perfect test. So far my alternator is working ok. New Z221s will go on after the 26/2 twilight and I have new pads etc. Oil was recently changed, brakes bled. It's all looking good.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:08 AM
CS Mende
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

As Paul will attest the only trend building is those who dont have the good enough taste to buy a 993 ;-)
Tsk, tsk, tsk!

Originally Posted by John McM
Air cooled and water pumpers suffered alike on the NITT. That's why I think we should all be sorting our vehicles before the big run starts and am sure most are. The run to Cape Reinga is a perfect test.
Who provides the best towing service way up north (imagine AA does?) or should I make sure to pack tow hooks and straps?

cs
Old 02-09-2014, 06:20 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

In 13 years Blue Betty has never let me down once John and she bloody well isn't going to let me down on SITT so you can keep your Karma for Herminator LOL! If Betty soils herself there is a white 490bhp beast that will be watching her space!
Old 02-09-2014, 06:24 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CS Mende
Who provides the best towing service way up north (imagine AA does?) or should I make sure to pack tow hooks and straps? cs
AA would just contract to a local tow service so I wouldn't bother with specific cover.

We need to be somewhat self sufficient considering how far we are going from towns e.g. Cape Reinga. Certainly hook and straps. Maybe an alternator belt and basic tools to do our own small fixes. Some spare fluids, a DME relay. The one I'm not sure about is a spare tyre. Are you running 18"? Between us it would make sense to take one front and one rear full spare. I'm not letting anyone near my Fuchs if I get a flat.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:26 AM
KiwiSean
Pro

If 993s went for market value in NZ, this might be true
Old 02-09-2014, 06:30 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

In 13 years Blue Betty has never let me down once John and she bloody well isn't going to let me down on SITT so you can keep your Karma for Herminator LOL! If Betty soils herself there is a white 490bhp beast that will be watching her space!
You need to read about 'fat tails', and I'm not talking about 993 ****.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:31 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Chris. Once you become a regular customer of CCS you can have "Porsche Assist" for free.Hopefully one of the others on the trip do. Call them and they wills send out a contracted tow truck. They will know to send something that can handle a low car.

The spare factory blow up wheel will work fine even if you are running 18. Same rolling diameter...there should never been a good reason for removing it when touring as it provides a significant part of the front trunk rigidity during a frontal crash. Otherwise just go as you would on any typical long tour (two rope, 1l oil, DME and pantyhose (oops I mean fan belt)....
Old 02-09-2014, 06:36 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KiwiSean
If 993s went for market value in NZ, this might be true

Sean. They do mate. Opposite problem exists.

Average price in UK for a straight mid mileage 993 is now into the 30K GBP. Thats around 70K NZD. Ask Paul and youll find that well within the NZ buy price range....

964s are still cheaper in NZ than the UK. Tthats where the delta is.

If 993 and 964 were exactly the same price for mileage and condition in NZ I have not doubt we would see a wider ownership.

Someone has to stick up for the 993 on this board. Otherwise all we will hear about is 964s...:-)
Old 02-09-2014, 06:37 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Chris. Once you become a regular customer of CCS you can have "Porsche Assist" for free.Hopefully one of the others on the trip do. Call them and they wills send out a contracted tow truck. They will know to send something that can handle a low car. The spare factory blow up wheel will work fine even if you are running 18. Same rolling diameter...there should never been a good reason for removing it when touring as it provides a significant part of the front trunk rigidity during a frontal crash. Otherwise just go as you would on any typical long tour (two rope, 1l oil, DME and pantyhose (oops I mean fan belt)....
Tell me more about Porsche Assist. I've never been offered this.
Old 02-09-2014, 06:40 AM
KiwiSean
Pro

Someone has to stick up for the 993 on this board. Otherwise all we will hear about is 964s...:-)
lol. This is also true.

For the record, I have no issue with appreciating air cooled prices, 964 or 993.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?