Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 03:13 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Runtothehills
Funny you should mention The road between taihape and fielding is vinegar hill road, just had a beaut drive through there today thinking this would be good for the gruppe. We decided to come to Martinborough for the long weekend. It's one of those special roads. Scenic, gradients. Corners the porsche torque is made for and the secret ingredient: no traffic. not even one car on the road today. here's mangaweka just before the vinegar hill leg... Looking forward to the langs run.
Ooooohhh nice!

Have you done or are you planning to come back via the Gentle Annie? Between Hastiings and Taihape. We did last Easter (the long way back to Auckland) and it was great. Variety of typography, only about 3 houses in I guess an hour and a half of driving, long straights, twisty gorges, rolling country. Bloody fantastic driving experience.

Why not join us for the Cape Reinga run? Or, if time limiting, come up Saturday night and stay with us in Russell for the whole Sunday experience back to Auckland. I'm supposed to be sorting accommodation this weekend - procrastinating of that one. I've three trips of the go, Cape Reinga, SITT, and our traditional Easter run up the West and North of the North Island. Mostly all booked, just Kaitaia, Russell, Hawkes Bay and Hamner Springs bookings to go.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:16 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NZ964C4
RSG question: confirm the next date for a track meet is 26 Feb?
Jason - correct, 26 Feb. there's a few Playdays before and after but that's out last organized day prior to SITT - looking like a busy one. Think I will drop into main group so that will bump you up a slot

Then I'm trying to gauge interest for a day at Easter but not looking likely based on response to date.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:20 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Great work Chris. Garage looks mint mate. Must be great having fantastic driving roads on your door step. The Oz look so much more aggressive...
Old 02-06-2014, 03:36 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 356Downunder
If you're into the LA Porsche scene then you know where you should be on the 28th Feb - 2nd March !!
Check this link out …..especially the Related Events tab ……..items 8-14 !!.

http://www.lalitandtoyshow.com/index.htm
Now thats what I'm talking about. Good to know that, I will try for it one day. What's the other one in Essen? Autoclassica or something? That always looks the business too.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:40 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
Looks pretty interesting. Wonder if we could get enough interest for a RSG trip over for this in 2015? Dave, what do you reckon?
Um, 2016? Committed to taking the family on a euro tour in 2015. All play and no work = no Porsche?
Old 02-06-2014, 03:51 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by Runtothehills
Funny you should mention The road between taihape and fielding is vinegar hill road, just had a beaut drive through there today thinking this would be good for the gruppe. We decided to come to Martinborough for the long weekend. It's one of those special roads. Scenic, gradients. Corners the porsche torque is made for and the secret ingredient: no traffic. not even one car on the road today. here's mangaweka just before the vinegar hill leg... Looking forward to the langs run.
Sounds good Sam. I like the use of the building roof line mirroring the back of the 964. Intentional I imagine.

Inadvertently I did the same framing in 2004 at Pukekohe. I keep on meaning to go back and get a photo when the sun is right.
Attached Images  
Old 02-06-2014, 03:56 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CS Mende
I love holidays - made room in the garage (some of you remember the chaos), put on my clear front indicators, Cup2's and most importantly rehab'd the rocker panels & sharkfin. Still amazes me how different it looks with the dark OZs.
Excellent rehab work. I have one broken clip and grommet to replace and a shark fin clip to add, then i'm finished. I have replaced a lot of small trim.

BTW How did you get the lower shark fin nut on? It looks very tight with the oil tank and thermostat.

Lastly, is the Heigo going in before the 26th?
Old 02-06-2014, 04:07 AM
Pel
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Pel, the 964 numbers are starting to dominate and we always need more fast colours (white). Come out and have a look at HD on 26/2!
I will try make HD, you can add another white 964 to the cape run on the 8th, my mother and law lives in Paihia so its a good excuse to stop by.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:10 AM
Pel
Pro

Originally Posted by Maxem
Hold on a minute Doug, Just one more lot of 2 cents worth even though I know bugger all about it. D90's are the boss. For track, run with them, they are lighter than most others I believe. I have a set of new dunlops that haven't been on there yet that are 1 profile lower than stock, i.e., 205/50 and 225/45 that I'd like to try. For the road, the cup 2's look fantastic. D90 **** follows;
Red with Gold D90's makes for a ridiculously good looking 964!
Old 02-06-2014, 04:11 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pel
I will try make HD, you can add another white 964 to the cape run on the 8th, my mother and law lives in Paihia so its a good excuse to stop by.
Great. White 964 domination! Are you a Rennsport Group member? We have some of the organization up on the board there.
Old 02-06-2014, 04:13 AM
Pel
Pro

Not a member what info do I need?
Old 02-06-2014, 04:18 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pel
The initial meeting point, an idea of the route (in case you get lost) and where we will stop for the night. You are number 6. I think there are one or two thinking it over and a couple that may join in the final run from Langs beach. I think we may get might get to 6 964s on the final run.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:02 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by Pel
Just following up from John.

Info about RSG is on this link. Would be nice to have you on board
http://www.rennsportgruppe.org.nz/fo...php?topic=28.0

Date: Friday 5.30pm 7/3/14 – depart for Kaitaia (334k, 4.3 hrs driving time, overnight stay Kaitaia)
Saturday: Kaitaia – Cape Reinga – Russell (338k, 4.7 hrs, overnight stay Russell)
Sunday: Russell – East Coast – Auckland (271k, 3.8 hrs)

PM John or I your contact details (name, phone, email) and we'll register your details for the trip.
Attached Images    
Old 02-06-2014, 05:12 AM
CS Mende
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KiwiSean
I really like it with the dark wheels. a la Macca's 991. Are they wooden floors in the garage mate?!
Thanks! I'm temped to go dark with the Cup2's. It's a lino floor put in by the previous owners. Probably as much a PITA to maintain. Trying to find some acrylic sealer w/o luck so far.

Originally Posted by Macca
Great work Chris. Garage looks mint mate. Must be great having fantastic driving roads on your door step. The Oz look so much more aggressive...
I've taken to calling the Cup2's my niceguy wheels. Absolutely oving proximity to roads & tracks - such a plus in NZ.

Originally Posted by John McM
Excellent rehab work. I have one broken clip and grommet to replace and a shark fin clip to add, then i'm finished. I have replaced a lot of small trim. BTW How did you get the lower shark fin nut on? It looks very tight with the oil tank and thermostat. Lastly, is the Heigo going in before the 26th?
I have a couple broken clips as well, thankfully in non-critical spots. I ordered in a handful & will certainly have extras which you're welcome to. I couldn't believe how much grit had piled up under the rockers - good for a couple Macca's I bet.

The pic below - can't tell you how many times a stubby set of flex gearwrenches has saved me.

Heigo? Yes - that's the plan, have a few prereq's I want to try to hit first - retint windows & strip/replace carpets/pad with RS set.
Attached Images  
Old 02-06-2014, 05:13 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Originally Posted by Pel
Red with Gold D90's makes for a ridiculously good looking 964!
Thanks, the other side didn't go so well. I had high hopes for battleship grey
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?