Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 06:36 PM
ChrisB_NZ
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Big apologies Chris. Yes please cancel my booking. I have booked and paid at Bolton. Must be my stuff up. I simply didn't recall any accommodation being booked for NI. I can see I posted on the RSG board on the SITT thread between 09-10 Jan but I was travelling up until that date and suspect I missed a few emails. We have booked Havelock and WTGN. Are you travelling the same route to Queenstown as RON & Pstys. In that case its Greymouth for accommodation I believe. Have you booked anything yet? Im still looking....
All good, many moving parts with this one, I will cancel your room in Lower Hutt.

I'm travelling down to Queenstown via Hamner and Franz Joseph with most of the others.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:39 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Are most staying together in Qtown? or all over the place? I am closer to Arrowtown out in the valley.

don't want to have this Pcar site showing too many other marques but this is why Targa race cars need to be expendable - My previous V7 - try not to do this too much now, but why you always need a decent sump guard
Attached Images  
Old 02-06-2014, 06:41 PM
ChrisB_NZ
Racer

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
Ok, got that Chris.

Funny you should ask about the Hamner accommodation.... I've done some research/looking last weekend and was going to complete this, the Hawkes Bay and the Cape Reinga bookings today seeing I'm sitting in hitherto Bach up North with it continuously drizzling outside.

Numbers for Cape Reinga are building almost daily :-)

I'll post details on the RSG trip threads.
Excellent. Warm enough in Orlando at the moment. Miami tomorrow, then 5 day Disney cruise, 2 year olds idea of paradise!

After then I get to drive to Key West and stay the night before coming back to Miami. My first decent drive dor a while. A bit later on in the trip I get to drive from Las Vegas to San Francisco via the coast road staying in Santa Barbara and Monterey, now I'm definitely looking forward to that.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:45 PM
ChrisB_NZ
Racer

You might need it John to sleep on once Donna hears about your paypal indiscretions so I would definitely day yes...or you can simply move out to the lounge and sleep on the couch with myself Chris and all the others that have been smoked out for overspending...
Having Jacinda fly in Saturday and out Monday just enabled the tick in the box for a Queenstown break while keeping my risk exposure at a managable level!
Old 02-06-2014, 06:48 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 626 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by gt38088
Are most staying together in Qtown? or all over the place? I am closer to Arrowtown out in the valley. don't want to have this Pcar site showing too many other marques but this is why Targa race cars need to be expendable - My previous V7 - try not to do this too much now, but why you always need a decent sump guard
All staying in 2 houses in Queenstown. You'd expect bedlam but it seemed to work on the NITT where we had an enormous apartment at the Hilton. Easier to coordinate herding the cats when you can see where they are.

Looking at that pic I'm glad the 964 is so heavy it only lifts one wheel.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:54 PM
Runtothehills
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chris did you end up booking something interesting for PCH? This is the Penske gt we had which was a serious 400hp grunter. The hertz porsche collection is quite large on the west coast. lots of cayennes a couple of panameras and even a black 991 I saw for rent.

Attachment 803817

Attachment 803814

Last edited by Runtothehills; 02-03-2015 at 07:22 PM.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:57 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks Chris.

Watch for rock debris and fog (at night) on the Old Pacific Coast Highway 1 route. Monterey and Santa Barbara both lovely spots. Good restaurants etc Sounds like your having a great break - enjoy it!
Old 02-06-2014, 07:07 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Graeme, what are the specs on the RS's engine. It's a 2.8? Do you know the HP and torque figures?
Old 02-06-2014, 07:08 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Runtothehills
Chris did you end up booking something interesting for PCH? This is the Penske gt we had which was a serious 400hp grunter. The hertz porsche collection is quite large on the west coast. lots of cayennes a couple of panameras and even a black 991 I saw for rent.

Attachment 803817

Attachment 803814
How funny Sam. Heres our ride for the PCH last year and they sold us on a similar gig (what the LA stripe fashion thing all about?).
Attached Images   
Old 02-06-2014, 07:12 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Decided to put a quieter muffler and end pipe on the car for SITT to save any hassles at Levels and just run it like that. Will test before leaving.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:19 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Chris/Doug/John/. Ive had a full review of the RSG board SITT thread. Its a bit confusing but I think I understand that there are a number of people taking different routes but we are all meeting up in Queenstown.

For simplicity Ive decided Joanna and I will travel with Ron's group for the trip South. The daily mileages are more manageable (4-5 hrs a day) and I know Rons speeds and pace/lead car style very well - being the slowest car in the pose by 200 bhp means I'll have to sometimes "sing for my supper" and my 993 loves to sing LOL!

Most of all its just easier for us (we already have a month long trip to NZ leaving business and property to organise this end which is stressful enough), and I am lazy. Ive booked some nice accommodation with a spa bath etc to help Jo's back to recover each day. We always sleep well after chasing Ron.

Hopefully we can get the full air cooled group together form the run from Fanz Joseph open the home stretch to Queenstown.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:25 PM
ChrisB_NZ
Racer

Originally Posted by Runtothehills
Chris did you end up booking something interesting for PCH? This is the Penske gt we had which was a serious 400hp grunter. The hertz porsche collection is quite large on the west coast. lots of cayennes a couple of panameras and even a black 991 ]
Unfortunately not, the reality of being here for a month with three of us, including a 2 year with car seat and push chair, and lots of outlet shopping meant I ended up with a big car with a big boot as the priority.

Getting pcar withdrawl, I think ive only seen one in San Francisco since we arrived.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:29 PM
ChrisB_NZ
Racer

Thanks Chris.

Watch for rock debris and fog (at night) on the Old Pacific Coast Highway 1 route. Monterey and Santa Barbara both lovely spots. Good restaurants etc Sounds like your having a great break - enjoy it!
Hopefully day time driving through that part of the trip and being in a rental car reduces the concerns about road quality, but I will still keep an eye out for debri. I don't want to have any rental car issues as I finish the trip.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:59 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 626 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by CS Mende
Thanks! I'm temped to go dark with the Cup2's. It's a lino floor put in by the previous owners. Probably as much a PITA to maintain. Trying to find some acrylic sealer w/o luck so far. I've taken to calling the Cup2's my niceguy wheels. Absolutely oving proximity to roads & tracks - such a plus in NZ. I have a couple broken clips as well, thankfully in non-critical spots. I ordered in a handful & will certainly have extras which you're welcome to. I couldn't believe how much grit had piled up under the rockers - good for a couple Macca's I bet. The pic below - can't tell you how many times a stubby set of flex gearwrenches has saved me. Heigo? Yes - that's the plan, have a few prereq's I want to try to hit first - retint windows & strip/replace carpets/pad with RS set.
I sourced one sharks fin clip and 3 side sill clips and grommets from CCS. That should leave me with a couple of spares. I'll for that tonight.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:23 PM
Runtothehills
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How funny Sam. Heres our ride for the PCH last year and they sold us on a similar gig (what the LA stripe fashion thing all about?).
must be that old equation stripe=fast. Chris if you get to Monterey and need some p car insporation check out mohr imports.

Attachment 803837

Attachment 803838

there's also some barn finds across the road.

Attachment 803839

Last edited by Runtothehills; 02-03-2015 at 07:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?