Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 02:51 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Bugger, these tyres are not going to make it to Cape Reinga and back.
John, here's my right front - similar wear profile to your left front but a lot 'bluer.'

The left front is well corded, courtesy of a few too many sessions at Manfield.
Attached Images  
Old 02-03-2014, 03:49 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Pete. How is the ship tracking. What is your due date in Auckland?
Old 02-03-2014, 03:52 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by peterC2S
John, here's my right front - similar wear profile to your left front but a lot 'bluer.' The left front is well corded, courtesy of a few too many sessions at Manfield.
Wow, you must have been dancing around the track on your edges. Not much point putting those on mine. You have more main tread but the edge is just as bad.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:55 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Turbo 3.6 has new control arm bushes and shoes. Just waiting its clean now, then the stable goes to 2 working. Alternator coming home tomorrow in time for a Waitangi Day fit (I may need the whole day!). Then it will be three working again.
Attached Images  
Old 02-03-2014, 03:58 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Wow, you must have been dancing around the track on your edges. Not much point putting those on mine. You have more main tread but the edge is just as bad.
Yes, possibly due to suspension being stiffer (camber was also a bit compromised at only -1.2). You could put my right hand tyre on your left front and the edge rubbing would be irrelevant being on the inside.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:59 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

I don't think these are RSG appropriate, but just a heads up that I will put a set of Bridgestone S03s up on Trademe. 18" 225/40 and 265/35. These are ~ 12 years old. I changed them out due to age. They're only suitable for a complete garage queen or a drift car, I imagine. Maybe useful as a spare, but I'm trying my best to get out of that mindset and am making room.
Attached Images  
Old 02-03-2014, 04:00 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Yes, possibly due to suspension being stiffer (camber was also a bit compromised at only -1.2). You could put my right hand tyre on your left front and the edge rubbing would be irrelevant being on the inside.
True. Are they off the rim now?
Old 02-03-2014, 04:14 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Pete. How is the ship tracking. What is your due date in Auckland?
Been through Suez and apparently 7 days out from Singapore where container is due to change ships. Bit frustrating once you hit SE Mediterranean as there is no live tracking through the Arabian Gulf & Indian Ocean (too easy for Pirates maybe?) You can get satellite AIS tracking but that's a subscription service. I use a basic account with FleetMon. Last official position was received 6 days ago!

Am trying to source a replacement set of instrument dials at the moment but no luck yet. The Cayman one doesn't come with Kph on the dial (unlike the 993 which at least had both) Am trying Lockwood international (via Robinson Instruments in Onehunga) and FVD. Can reset the electronic speedo/odo via the system tester.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:19 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

True. Are they off the rim now?
Nope - haven't used those rims since the NITT as I bought the 944 shortly thereafter and only ran road wheels/tyre on the 964 til it was sold.

You'll just have to make an offer on the rims Though at least the rears have some life left.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:16 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Macca if you are dead set on doors you might check out Manthey. Probably not for 993 but they do quote carbon 'street' doors save 20kg so presume they will be TUV for Germany. NZ compliance is another matter as we know from importing experience. Their supplier may be able to do 993?
Old 02-03-2014, 06:23 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterC2S View Post

Another interesting GT3 http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-692786370.htm

Doug - its white, they'll take an SUV trade but unfortunately its not an open top. Interesting alternative comparison for Spyder money though.

I believe that this GT3 was imported crashed by Emma Gilmour's Father who rebuilt it.
RS ZWEI is offline Report Post
That's it. Nice spec car though and I presume it is still located in Napier or Hastings so we can get a first hand report on it??
Old 02-03-2014, 08:53 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Been through Suez and apparently 7 days out from Singapore where container is due to change ships. Bit frustrating once you hit SE Mediterranean as there is no live tracking through the Arabian Gulf & Indian Ocean (too easy for Pirates maybe?) You can get satellite AIS tracking but that's a subscription service. I use a basic account with FleetMon. Last official position was received 6 days ago!

Am trying to source a replacement set of instrument dials at the moment but no luck yet. The Cayman one doesn't come with Kph on the dial (unlike the 993 which at least had both) Am trying Lockwood international (via Robinson Instruments in Onehunga) and FVD. Can reset the electronic speedo/odo via the system tester.
Hi Pete. Thanks for the update. I shouldnt think it will take too long once it leaves Singapore.

Try FVD for instrument dials. You maybe-able to get some after-market coloured dials that Robinsons can fit for you that add some bling and address your KMph issue without breaking the bank. Im pretty sure there are other cheaper suppliers on the market.

http://www.fvd.de/de/en/Porsche-0/Ca...uge_Faces.html
Old 02-03-2014, 09:03 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gt38088
Macca if you are dead set on doors you might check out Manthey. Probably not for 993 but they do quote carbon 'street' doors save 20kg so presume they will be TUV for Germany. NZ compliance is another matter as we know from importing experience. Their supplier may be able to do 993?
Thanks for the idea Graeme. Will look into it but suspect Manthey are out of reach price wise - they just got bought out by Porsche Motorsport I believe...
Old 02-03-2014, 09:26 PM
CS Mende
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Been through Suez and apparently 7 days out from Singapore where container is due to change ships. Bit frustrating once you hit SE Mediterranean as there is no live tracking through the Arabian Gulf & Indian Ocean (too easy for Pirates maybe?) You can get satellite AIS tracking but that's a subscription service. I use a basic account with FleetMon. Last official position was received 6 days ago! Am trying to source a replacement set of instrument dials at the moment but no luck yet. The Cayman one doesn't come with Kph on the dial (unlike the 993 which at least had both) Am trying Lockwood international (via Robinson Instruments in Onehunga) and FVD. Can reset the electronic speedo/odo via the system tester.
I've got a similar issue I want to remedy. While I have KPH, it's small & hard to read. I looked at Hollywood Speedo in the states before I shipped out. At the time it was $250US to replace odo gear, new face with kph, regear(?) and set the odometer to km's. $250, one week turnaround + shipping $/time.

If there's a good local option to use for the service who'd work with parts sourced from FVD, etc, that could be faster than the US option.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:31 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Robinson's in Onehunga (though the work may not be up to the standard of (Hollywood Speedo IMO). No re gearing required. For a 964 you could attempt them yourself. Its not that hard but getting the soft brass outer ring of an one without interrogating it or damaging the black pain is almost impossible for DIY. I had Robinsons install mine but was not happy with the alignment and the debris left behind the glass so disassembled then all by hand and spent 8-9 hours making them as perfect as I could get them. Painstaking and stressful job. Now my close vision is crap I wouldnt attempt it but you are a young fella so you could do it at your own desire and save maybe $400 fitment charge.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?