Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 11:40 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From Jo....

If people have items they want to donate, we would suggest going with the container that closes off on Wed. There are so many many people in need, that every single item will be so gratefully received!

Whilst we love the idea of getting a container over here, specifically for the village close to us, the money used on freight and duty, can be better spent on local products.

Plus, in all reality, the container is likely to need a fair bit of time to get here and to get through customs.

should be able to accommodate them short term and use funding raised specifically on re-building their homes.

Unfortunately we cannot guarantee any items that come on Wed's container would make it directly to Mele Village, despite labelling, but as I say, there are heaps of people in many other villages and the outer islands who have absolutely nothing - and I am sure that the items donated will certainly be put to good use and sent to those most in need!

Doug: How is your house and your holiday houses? People have been asking

We were remarkably lucky with our own houses. Both cottages sustained roof damage, water damage inside, one house is worse than the other but in comparison to others, we still have the roofs so are lucky!! Big tarpaulins on the holes now so hopefully it won't rain too much til we get them properly fixed! One of our problems is that the roofs are made of natangura, a native thatch - and of course, every one of those trees has been wiped out - so there will be no replacement supply of that for a while!! No power, no water, no internet but hopefully that will change this week.

Everything that sustained water damage inside can be fixed or replaced with time and money. Our gardens were absolutely obliterated, many large trees down everywhere but we've already done a massive clean up. Plenty of firewood here!!

We are desperately trying to keep forward bookings but already many holiday guests are wanting to cancel. The 'tourist dollar' is desperately needed here now - for all concerned. One of our other concerns is the lack of access - our road was partially washed out to sea so the access is pure 4WD now - just adds to the adventure! Meeting this pm with local community members to see how we fund the rebuild of the road...most likely will have to be privately funded...going to be a few challenges ahead but everyone has a smile on their face and being so incredibly strong!

Doug: Can I copy and post some of this information on RL? Your friends are wanting to know how you're doing. Happy to not do that and let you do it in your own time as it's pretty personal.

Hi Doug
Happy for you to share. We really wish we could reply individually to each and every one of our friends, family and supporters - we are unbelievably touched by the support from all corners of the globe! Unfortunately internet access is extremely limited and our time is focused on helping those in need - we go from one emergency to the next. Could you please pass on our thanks to everyone from us both, and we will absolutely be back online as soon as we can.....you know how hard it is for Macca to be offline for long!

Doug: ok, will do. Sending you heaps of LOVE from NZ

One day we'll have you ALL over for a holiday in Vanuatu! ;-))))
Old 03-23-2015, 12:15 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Doug H - PMed you.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:37 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Thanks mate. After a number of conversations online today with both Macca and Jo the best way to help them help their Mele villages currently is to donate to their fundraiser which will enable them to buy materials locally or from NZ. Here is the link

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/p...mes-in-vanuatu
Old 03-23-2015, 03:52 AM
Moochier
Instructor

Originally Posted by O2GO
Thanks mate. After a number of conversations online today with both Macca and Jo the best way to help them help their Mele villages currently is to donate to their fundraiser which will enable them to buy materials locally or from NZ. Here is the link

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/p...mes-in-vanuatu
Cash is king!
Donated.
Old 03-23-2015, 04:28 AM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

donated
Old 03-23-2015, 04:57 AM
964X33
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Macca, I've sent a big ship full of stuff and two helicopters to unload it. Left yesterday so should be there weds.
Old 03-23-2015, 05:07 AM
O2GO
Drifting

^^^^^ LIKE
Old 03-23-2015, 05:33 AM
PHG
Racer

Hey Pete
I see on the RSG site we are linked for arrive and drive plus driver training on the 28th. we using your car(s)?..aka..why is this/
Old 03-23-2015, 05:41 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PHG
Hey Pete I see on the RSG site we are linked for arrive and drive plus driver training on the 28th. we using your car(s)?..aka..why is this/
Only cos I signed you up while you were being properly set up on RSG. You could sign yourself up and I will delete that one but then you would lose your place because it's oversubscribed

I'm not driving that day so that sign up is solely for you.

And you could use my car if you wish - but it's not recommended...!
Old 03-23-2015, 06:02 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Jason, thanks for the code. Worked a treat
Old 03-23-2015, 06:06 AM
PHG
Racer

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Only cos I signed you up while you were being properly set up on RSG. You could sign yourself up and I will delete that one but then you would lose your place because it's oversubscribed

I'm not driving that day so that sign up is solely for you.

And you could use my car if you wish - but it's not recommended...!
Yea..with my neck fusioned, I struggle to turn my head when going 'the other way' which if if read this thread correctly, could be a trait of your vehicle..
thanks re other..why you not driving/
Old 03-23-2015, 06:12 AM
964X33
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pcarplayer
Jason, thanks for the code. Worked a treat
No sweat. Buried deep in the laptop. I'll hang on to those receipts. Let me know if you're swinging thru Devo sometime.
Doug, have you still got my Tshirts? When you back? I should pick em up.
Old 03-23-2015, 06:39 AM
Moochier
Instructor

Originally Posted by John McM
Moochier aka Chris T.

If you didn't know, the most active R discussions seem to be on Pistonheads. I'm going to try their alignment suggestions tomorrow at CCS.

7mm spacers up front for turn in. Move top mounts in by the maximum to give -1.2 camber then straight or slight toe in. Might go with the later as it puts more heat in the fronts and we are coming to the colder months.
Thanks John, I'll go and take a look over there... Got a link?

Did you go to CCS today or is to Tuesday? How did it go?
Old 03-23-2015, 06:45 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Moochier
Thanks John, I'll go and take a look over there... Got a link? Did you go to CCS today or is to Tuesday? How did it go?
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/f...231&mid=435756 it started off well but there are evidently a few personalities in there.

CCS is tomorrow morning. I'll leave the car there and pick it up after work.
Old 03-23-2015, 06:58 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

The perfect track day, nothing but 964s
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?