Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 09:36 PM
KiwiSean
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Macca, how are you getting on with the Rental Car company mate?

The race car is finally getting loaded in LA. Will be in NZ in early Feb.

Does anyone have a point of view on best race car trailers? I wouldn't be buying one myself but going halves with my cousin as he needs one too so makes sense. Those renegade low loaders look good on paper but are they NZ made or Chinese?
Old 01-15-2014, 09:36 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Phil welcome back!

Doug, arent those Speedsters just the sexiest! Who cares about getting their hair a bit wet in the rain? Heck, in a few years time who has hair anyway!
Old 01-15-2014, 11:02 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Phil welcome back!

Doug, arent those Speedsters just the sexiest! Who cares about getting their hair a bit wet in the rain? Heck, in a few years time who has hair anyway!
Phil - let me know if you want details for Puke. $200 and should be 20+ RSG members there.

Macca/Doug - I reckon the best looking modern Porsche they have made. Uh oh - can feel another itch coming on!!
Old 01-16-2014, 12:06 AM
CS Mende
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Finally got it - with added scrapes & scratches to my freshly painted rear bumper & brand new wheels ... Argh. Never mind filthy and absolutely covered in greasy handprints - all from a week of being out of the container. At least it's covered by zero-excess insurance.

A bigger issue appeared once I dropped it off at compliance shop. I removed the rear seat bolsters & belts as part of going RS interior. Was quickly told I would need to put them back to get complied.

I have a call in to Dan/Steve to see about borrowing/buying the parts as mine are in the US (thankfully not sold). I don't suppose anyone has these flying around idly?

Other thought was since the 964 did come in RS trim as a factory option that I could make the argument it's good as it sits... Thoughts?

I need to get my WOF so I can get on the track the 27th!

Christopher
Attached Images  
Old 01-16-2014, 12:23 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by CS Mende
Finally got it - with added scrapes & scratches to my freshly painted rear bumper & brand new wheels ... Argh. Never mind filthy and absolutely covered in greasy handprints - all from a week of being out of the container. At least it's covered by zero-excess insurance. A bigger issue appeared once I dropped it off at compliance shop. I removed the rear seat bolsters & belts as part of going RS interior. Was quickly told I would need to put them back to get complied. I have a call in to Dan/Steve to see about borrowing/buying the parts as mine are in the US (thankfully not sold). I don't suppose anyone has these flying around idly? Other thought was since the 964 did come in RS trim as a factory option that I could make the argument it's good as it sits... Thoughts? I need to get my WOF so I can get on the track the 27th! Christopher
Chris, you mean the seat backs? I removed mine and you can borrow them for your purposes. Same with the belts but we'll have to take those out of my car. Home tomorrow night after 6:30 pm. Have to change my brake pads for the race weekend so will be working on the car.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:30 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
Chris, you mean the seat backs? I removed mine and you can borrow them for your purposes. Same with the belts but we'll have to take those out of my car. Home tomorrow night after 6:30 pm. Have to change my brake pads for the race weekend so will be working on the car.
Another option is to bring the backs to HD on the weekend and remove the belts there during the day. I only have two races each day.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:41 AM
CS Mende
Pro

Thanks for the offer, John. The backs as well as the seat cushions - which are unfortunately glued down (well, more like crusted into place after all these years - surprised how much crap I found underneath - coins, a comb, melted mint!). Can't ask you to remove those. Perhaps they'll let that slide.

I'll send you a PM - I'd be happy to help you with brakes & bring some brews.

C
Old 01-16-2014, 12:47 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the offer, John. The backs as well as the seat cushions - which are unfortunately glued down (well, more like crusted into place after all these years - surprised how much crap I found underneath - coins, a comb, melted mint!). Can't ask you to remove those. Perhaps they'll let that slide. I'll send you a PM - I'd be happy to help you with brakes & bring some brews. C
Hope they let you off on the seat cushions. At least you will be most of the way. What colour is your interior? Brake assistance would be welcome as I've only watched it done so far. Fitting performance road pads that would work well on the SITT if I take the C4.
Attached Images  
Old 01-16-2014, 12:48 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

I need to get my WOF so I can get on the track the 27th!
Good news - you don't need a WOF to drive on track.

Bad news - you do to get there!!
Old 01-16-2014, 01:05 AM
CS Mende
Pro

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Good news - you don't need a WOF to drive on track. Bad news - you do to get there!!
Prestigio require WOF for track or it's no good.

One way or another I will get there! I have 11 days.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:07 AM
O2GO
Drifting

C70, Soft compound, is the only one brought in regularly for 17".
Thanks for confirming that John

Originally Posted by floatingkiwi
Hi. My name is Matt and I have an addiction...
Matt, you have come to the right therapy class!

Originally Posted by Macca
"Spiders" yep, they sure are very pretty!
Old 01-16-2014, 01:11 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Had a four hour round trip to the Hokianga and back from Oakura. Great day to be roofless. Photo is at Rawene. Lunched at the famous Boatshed Cafe. Its in the background of photo 1
Attached Images    
Old 01-16-2014, 01:15 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Chris if the belts become and issue I have some in storage....

P.S. Is teh damage bad to the bumper and wheels? How did they manage that? How Friggin annoying. Why does it have to be this way!
Old 01-16-2014, 01:17 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
"Spiders" yep, they sure are very pretty!
You are safe as the 911 Virgin car has a deposit on it.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:20 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
Had a four hour round trip to the Hokianga and back from Oakura. Great day to be roofless. Photo is at Rawene. Lunched at the famous Boatshed Cafe. Its in the background of photo 1
Great weather. Not the same in Welly today.

50 sleeps until Cape Reinga. We need a T Shirt to recognize the trip.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?