Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 09:39 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Steve came out in the last session, tailing me in his 964. He was meaning to help, but push is a distant second best to tow/chase. Better if the cars are matched. Yesterday there was a broad mix of cars, Lotus, R8, Boxster S and our usual group. Best drive was with the Boxster S. Maybe we can pair up at Pukekohe. You tow until you get sick of it, then we can swap.
You're on ;-P Who had the Boxster S out? Nigel?
Old 01-11-2014, 09:42 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Cool photo!! You scored the drivers seat then - no surprise.
Very nice! It's well entrenched in the blood then aye, My Dad had vauxhalls, falcon, Triumph, then 4 cylinder Fords (Cortina etc), then went Japanese so no european motors heritage in my blood.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:44 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Glad to hear all is on track and very cool to get a drive of Kevin's T. You need to do all that driving to settle on what you want. Looking forward to the 'build thread.' When does Steve start lifting a spanner??
Very keen to follow your progress and learn from you Dave.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:44 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by mjg
John, did you get any other footage of Nigel's GT3? Curious how it sounds with the new exhaust. Looking forward to Puke on the 27th, determined not to miss this one!
I had a 40 second clip of him. He hadn't even got his helmet on by the end. So sorry but no exhaust noises to share.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:51 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
You're on ;-P Who had the Boxster S out? Nigel?
Didn't catch his name. However, I know he bought the car in Rotorua recently for a good price and can pedal it. He was in front of me for a while doing 1.23s. I gained in the twisties and lost in the straights. Once past him I picked up the pace to 1.22.xx and he was on my tail. I think he may join the Gruppe. Certainly has the skills and attitude.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:31 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Glad to hear all is on track and very cool to get a drive of Kevin's T. You need to do all that driving to settle on what you want. Looking forward to the 'build thread.' When does Steve start lifting a spanner??
Pretty soon I guess, but I think they have been previously working on the car a bit in anticipation of someone picking it up as a project. Finalising the spec now. There is some great stuff on the net and I'm spending a lot of time reading build threads on RL, Pelican and early 911's. Maybe we could do a garage raid to Pirongia on a weekend RsG run this winter? If I'm out of a P Car at the time, there would have to be, oh, a 3.6 turbo lying idle somewhere close?
Old 01-11-2014, 10:33 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by John McM
Didn't catch his name. However, I know he bought the car in Rotorua recently for a good price and can pedal it. He was in front of me for a while doing 1.23s. I gained in the twisties and lost in the straights. Once past him I picked up the pace to 1.22.xx and he was on my tail. I think he may join the Gruppe. Certainly has the skills and attitude.
Cool, another mid-engined car to compere with :-)
Old 01-11-2014, 10:37 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by Maxem
Maybe we could do a garage raid to Pirongia on a weekend RsG run this winter?
Great idea.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:24 AM
RS ZWEI
Pro

Loving the old photos.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:40 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Maxem
If I'm out of a P Car at the time, there would have to be, oh, a 3.6 turbo lying idle somewhere close?
It gets used, just doesn't go far. Seriously looking at doing the Auckland / Cape Reinga leg of the Epic Tour with it.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:13 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RS ZWEI
Loving the old photos.

How about this then.............last of the IB's new in NZ (before the plastic fantastic's)

A narrow body speedster (long gone back overseas), a new 5spd 930 and a wide body speedster
Attached Images  
Old 01-12-2014, 03:31 AM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Hey guys - time for the Taupo people to butt back in here, ahh that's me I guess!

I'm back working again, unfortunately over in Taranaki, so a bit hard to get up to track days. However, When I get back to Taupo I'm thinking a private track hire (which I can swing no probs), and after we do a movie night at my place (thinking Steve McQueen Le mans) with good (but not expensive) accommodation at Huka Falls resort.
Garry from PN and CGT man from Napier and new dude from Rotorua - keen???
Old 01-12-2014, 03:44 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by floatingkiwi
Hey guys - time for the Taupo people to butt back in here, ahh that's me I guess!

I'm back working again, unfortunately over in Taranaki, so a bit hard to get up to track days. However, When I get back to Taupo I'm thinking a private track hire (which I can swing no probs), and after we do a movie night at my place (thinking Steve McQueen Le mans) with good (but not expensive) accommodation at Huka Falls resort.
Garry from PN and CGT man from Napier and new dude from Rotorua - keen???
I'm very keen for a Taupo day Matt - not sure when you are thinking? March is out for a lot of us with the SI tour but before and after works fine. Be good to catch up. Feels a long time away til the NI track tour 11-14 Sept!!
Old 01-12-2014, 04:08 AM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Well, I'm thinking about a fleeting chance to ask you chaps if I can partake in the SITT, but I suspect I will still be on the rig by then.... So, probably after that to be frank. Maybe some stop gaps until the NITT?? Of course there'll be no insurance.....But I think we're all responsible types..
Old 01-12-2014, 04:29 AM
O2GO
Drifting

I'm very keen for a Taupo day Matt - not sure when you are thinking? March is out for a lot of us with the SI tour but before and after works fine. Be good to catch up. Feels a long time away til the NI track tour 11-14 Sept!!
I'm keen and expect a few RSG regulars would too. Would have to be February or May (after Easter). March is full up (mini Targa, Cape Reinga run, South Island Track Tour)

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?