Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 03:11 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Doug. Right you are. The 981 will be a great upgrade. That said cars like the speedster, rs, gt3 etc are never overly practical choices but they do seem to tug at the heartstrings a generation or two down the road.

Bob congrats on selling the 993. I take it it wasn't to Steve lol!

I'm all shopped out here in HK with a new camera laptop and iphone having done final carnage to the CC! Looking forward to a drive in the 993 on the way home saturday to see if the GT3 has rendeed it antiquated!

Looking forward to sunday gents!
Old 01-02-2014, 03:29 AM
356Downunder
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Great news Bob - have you got that deck lid ready to go on or are you still looking for one?
Have purchased the standard deckled (just need to get it here!!) and I have the split grill insert for it……….so it will be back to the "original ex factory look" one day……just got some 356 engine work to contend with right now!
Old 01-02-2014, 03:32 AM
356Downunder
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Doug. Right you are. The 981 will be a great upgrade. That said cars like the speedster, rs, gt3 etc are never overly practical choices but they do seem to tug at the heartstrings a generation or two down the road.

Bob congrats on selling the 993. I take it it wasn't to Steve lol!

I'm all shopped out here in HK with a new camera laptop and iphone having done final carnage to the CC! Looking forward to a drive in the 993 on the way home saturday to see if the GT3 has rendeed it antiquated!

Looking forward to sunday gents!
Hi Macca
No Steve W missed out !!
Its gone into a private collection in Auckland alongside other interesting cars.
Cheers'
Bob
Old 01-02-2014, 03:33 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Doug. Right you are. The 981 will be a great upgrade. That said cars like the speedster, rs, gt3 etc are never overly practical choices but they do seem to tug at the heartstrings a generation or two down the road. Bob congrats on selling the 993. I take it it wasn't to Steve lol! I'm all shopped out here in HK with a new camera laptop and iphone having done final carnage to the CC! Looking forward to a drive in the 993 on the way home saturday to see if the GT3 has rendeed it antiquated! Looking forward to sunday gents!
Sounds like you've been to the Apple Store. See you Sunday. See what you can do to make showing the pics and video easy. We can put a USB onto the TV.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:41 AM
Trundle
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trundle

OK Dudes, I am finally on line. Still looking for a P car. What's it to be? Local or something selected in the UK/EUR zone when on a flying visit! Watch this space and feel free to take bets with the C2S guy. Cheers, the Bavarian Refugee
Old 01-02-2014, 04:12 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Trundle
OK Dudes, I am finally on line. Still looking for a P car. What's it to be? Local or something selected in the UK/EUR zone when on a flying visit! Watch this space and feel free to take bets with the C2S guy. Cheers, the Bavarian Refugee
If your are hunting for a manual C2S, you will buying overseas, other than one recently changing hands privately, I haven't seen a C2S sell in NZ in the last 5 years..............
Old 01-02-2014, 04:49 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Trundle
Tony, I wouldn't buy older cars from the UK. The rust those cars have seems endemic. Not the same problem with near new ones. Then again, there's a perfectly good C2 close by. I wouldn't worry about imminent engine overhauls. The RSG 964 cars all pull well, according to AIM data and I've seen no smoke out of any of them.
Old 01-02-2014, 04:55 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Back from a couple of days in the Auckland beach suburb, Pauanui, and finally made a choice. As you can see I've chosen the rounded numbers while I have Carrera wording down the side. I will likely go to the others if/when the Carrera decals go.

All ready for the festival of speed. Will possibly have some free tickets for the 19th if the RSG team want to visit.
Attached Images  
Old 01-02-2014, 05:02 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Will Michael ever announce the arrival of his child? Equally importantly, will he make it back to the Track?
Yes to the first question! Things were complicated, to say the least. I'll spare you the gory details but mum was induced, had 24 hours of labour, got a fever, was prepped for emergency C-section, required 2 return trips to hospital (one by ambulance), had 2 extra operations, 3 blood transfusions and spent a total of 9 days in hospital. Baby had the cord wrapped around his neck, was distressed during labour, had to be delivered by forceps, needed his lungs cleared and spent 4 hours in the neonatal intensive care unit getting oxygen. Dad also spent almost all the 9 days in hospital, including staying 4 nights (2 spent "sleeping" in a chair).

The good news amongst all this is that after the first 4 hours baby has been great, mum is now (hopefully) all fixed and recovering, and we did get to spend Christmas and Boxing Day at home. And it's a new year and a fresh start -- our resolution is to avoid hospitals for the whole year!

James Thomas, born December 20 at 6:14pm, weighing 9 lb 3. These photos were taken when he was 6 days old, during our brief stay at home.
Attached Images   
Old 01-02-2014, 05:15 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Obsessed
Yes to the first question! Things were complicated, to say the least. I'll spare you the gory details but mum was induced, had 24 hours of labour, got a fever, was prepped for emergency C-section, required 2 return trips to hospital (one by ambulance), had 2 extra operations, 3 blood transfusions and spent a total of 9 days in hospital. Baby had the cord wrapped around his neck, was distressed during labour, had to be delivered by forceps, needed his lungs cleared and spent 4 hours in the neonatal intensive care unit getting oxygen. Dad also spent almost all the 9 days in hospital, including staying 4 nights (2 spent "sleeping" in a chair). The good news amongst all this is that after the first 4 hours baby has been great, mum is now (hopefully) all fixed and recovering, and we did get to spend Christmas and Boxing Day at home. And it's a new year and a fresh start -- our resolution is to avoid hospitals for the whole year! James Thomas, born December 20 at 6:14pm, weighing 9 lb 3. These photos were taken when he was 6 days old, during our brief stay at home.
Micheal, please never share the gory details you left out; the ones you did share are gory enough. However, the important thing is that everyone is well after all that. Congratulations and hopefully we'll see you soon at the track. Bring James for a drive, it's a great way of getting them to sleep.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:19 AM
Obsessed
Pro

On the Porsche front, I've barely been able to give mine a thought, let alone drive it. It's great to finally get back on here and have 30 pages of new posts to read through though! Lots of Porsche goodness going on and plenty of exciting things happening this year.

Happy new year and all the best to everyone for 2014!
Old 01-02-2014, 05:26 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Originally Posted by John McM
Micheal, please never share the gory details you left out; the ones you did share are gory enough. However, the important thing is that everyone is well after all that.
Yeah, sorry, probably a bit too much detail for a Porsche forum! All's well that ends well, and in time it will all be a distant memory. I'm just glad we don't live in a 3rd world country.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:46 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Yeah, sorry, probably a bit too much detail for a Porsche forum! All's well that ends well, and in time it will all be a distant memory. I'm just glad we don't live in a 3rd world country.
A fear that played on our minds in Vanuatu with both of my wife's pregnancies. Luckily neither came early or had complications.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:59 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulation Michael. Thankfully your family are ok and long may that last. I hope your wife continues to recover well. Our first born was a similar exercise, but slightly less dramatic that yours.

All the best for the coming weeks and months and we will give you a good slap on the back when you get let out for a track day.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:03 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

On the Porsche front, I've barely been able to give mine a thought, let alone drive it. It's great to finally get back on here and have 30 pages of new posts to read through though! Lots of Porsche goodness going on and plenty of exciting things happening this year.

Happy new year and all the best to everyone for 2014!
Michael. Big congrats (to mum as well!).

Looks like you have him early into nomex racing gloves. Mate if you cant justify the cost of the ones with fingers maybe just cut some small holes in those socks hes wearing o his hands for his fingers eh? Not going to have much wheel control with those mitts....

All joking aside, big achievement and Im sure the next few months will take some adjustment so just pop on here time to time when you want to have a giggle at bigger kids playing in the sand pit together!

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?