Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 12:51 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Results from the second round of dual sprints.
Attached Images  
Old 01-23-2016, 12:53 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Had to tell Simon his old car was there. The current owner bought it from the guy Simon sold it to.
Attached Images  
Old 01-23-2016, 01:07 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Chris B has a new car
Attached Images  
Old 01-23-2016, 01:15 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Looks like heat took a toll in the afternoon session. Well done Walt.

Congrats Chris glad you got it over the line and someone for me to play with when the 993 gets back on the track...it's a great looking machine - don't change the stance!
Old 01-23-2016, 02:02 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Looks like heat took a toll in the afternoon session. Well done Walt. Congrats Chris glad you got it over the line and someone for me to play with when the 993 gets back on the track...it's a great looking machine - don't change the stance!
Michael Neville hit 1.12.1 in the morning but couldn't best 1.12.90 in the afternoon. That gives a sense of the impact. It was easily as hot as last weekend. The Cayenne temp gauge said 30C in Mt Wellington at 4:00pm!

It will be interesting to see if Paul takes on Chris' 944 and if Matt B joins the 2k cup crew. Nothing stands still.
Old 01-23-2016, 02:09 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Those are still great times in the 964 Cup car....

It's probably as hot there as it is here today!
Old 01-23-2016, 02:25 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Those are still great times in the 964 Cup car.... It's probably as hot there as it is here today!
Yes, Steve pulled across Turn 1 in front of Michael off the grid start but couldn't hold him back after 3 or so laps. Once Michael was in front it was a procession. Whatever those cup cars have its effective.

Btw Chris will turn Sean's car more towards a road focus but I don't think he will mess with it too much, except an engine rebuild.
Old 01-23-2016, 03:21 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
Yes, Steve pulled across Turn 1 in front of Michael off the grid start but couldn't hold him back after 3 or so laps. Once Michael was in front it was a procession. Whatever those cup cars have its effective.

Btw Chris will turn Sean's car more towards a road focus but I don't think he will mess with it too much, except an engine rebuild.
The Perreli slicks sure help. Tyre tech has come a little way in the 23 years since the Cup cars were built as has suspension.

Yes, it needs a little more comfort and to be easier to get in and out of. The Puck clutch needs to go. The struts are pretty firm too - its a very stiff car for NZ roads.
Old 01-23-2016, 04:32 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Michael Neville hit 1.12.1 in the morning but couldn't best 1.12.90 in the afternoon. That gives a sense of the impact. It was easily as hot as last weekend. The Cayenne temp gauge said 30C in Mt Wellington at 4:00pm!

It will be interesting to see if Paul takes on Chris' 944 and if Matt B joins the 2k cup crew. Nothing stands still.
Given I haven't really used it - happy to sell my share if someone wants to buy into the RSG Interga Team.
Old 01-23-2016, 04:54 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Given I haven't really used it - happy to sell my share if someone wants to buy into the RSG Interga Team.
Maybe talk to Matt tomorrow morning. He has the lounge pass as well. Pete has the tickets.
Old 01-23-2016, 05:55 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well 5 race days down now and only 1 left. Has felt like a bit of a marathon but enjoying every minute.

Porsche/Classic racing has been up and down - have missed a few sessions with a variety of issues - and got to know the towies pretty well! Looking forward to tomorrow with all issues sorted however down on power a bit with a replacement 'brain' for the 944 which doesn't have the chip or rev limit raised. On the positive, these Pirelli slicks are the business. I remember my first sessions with 221s - these take it to another level!

Sprints have been fun - air conditioned goodness in the heat of the day. Well done Walter - flew that thing today with a 1.15 flat. Looking forward to the battle of the turbos tomorrow!
Old 01-23-2016, 04:54 PM
Runtothehills
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Well 5 race days down now and only 1 left. Has felt like a bit of a marathon but enjoying every minute.

Porsche/Classic racing has been up and down - have missed a few sessions with a variety of issues - and got to know the towies pretty well! Looking forward to tomorrow with all issues sorted however down on power a bit with a replacement 'brain' for the 944 which doesn't have the chip or rev limit raised. On the positive, these Pirelli slicks are the business. I remember my first sessions with 221s - these take it to another level!

Sprints have been fun - air conditioned goodness in the heat of the day. Well done Walter - flew that thing today with a 1.15 flat. Looking forward to the battle of the turbos tomorrow!
Looking at race monitor some impressive times
from rsg over the series. How does it work with the Pirellis for the race series, does everyone have to have these or optional?
Old 01-23-2016, 06:42 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Just noticed there are a few RSG members at the event without their RSG window banners.

We are going to need to fortify our RSG numbers in 2016 with keen "track folk", maybe another dozen in 2016 to ensure we can move forward with private hires given whats happening with pricing at HD & Taupo and the somewhat uncertain future this introduces to event organizers such as Playdays.

We currently have 68 paid members. I should say at least 13 of those are dormant or have never posted, logged in to our private web site or been to an event. Probably need to do something with these soon - perhaps a small annual subscription would ensure engagement?

We have an additional 5 members who are participant in a technical and administrative capacity (web admin, mechanics, etc).

Of the balance (50) around 10 members are non-Auckland based which limits their participation to one or two events a year and 40 members are regular/semi regular participants for monthly events and track tours etc. The "core" membership of very regular members probably sits around 25 heads.

We need to get that 25 core group above 30 by mid year and closer to 35 by year end, which should see our total membership at 65-70 (assumes some fall away).

RSG members please make sure you are keeping a keen eye out and qualifying potential participants. We need more than banner wearers, we need folk who wish to come and circulate the track. We have SITT & NITT already underway for 2016 and will have a number of "arrive & drive" days (pen pitlane circulate as you wish) which are the perfect opportunity for folks new to the track to learn the lines and have some tuition. If you qualify (basic requirements) you can also have RSG Prestigio track cover for our events...
Old 01-23-2016, 06:44 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Dual sprints results
Attached Images  
Old 01-23-2016, 07:01 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Just noticed there are a few RSG members at the event without their RSG window banners. We are going to need to fortify our RSG numbers in 2016 with keen "track folk", maybe another dozen in 2016 to ensure we can move forward with private hires given whats happening with pricing at HD & Taupo and the somewhat uncertain future this introduces to event organizers such as Playdays. We currently have 68 paid members. I should say at least 13 of those are dormant or have never posted, logged in to our private web site or been to an event. Probably need to do something with these soon - perhaps a small annual subscription would ensure engagement? We have an additional 5 members who are participant in a technical and administrative capacity (web admin, mechanics, etc). Of the balance (50) around 10 members are non-Auckland based which limits their participation to one or two events a year and 40 members are regular/semi regular participants for monthly events and track tours etc. The "core" membership of very regular members probably sits around 25 heads. We need to get that 25 core group above 30 by mid year and closer to 35 by year end, which should see our total membership at 65-70 (assumes some fall away). RSG members please make sure you are keeping a keen eye out and qualifying potential participants. We need more than banner wearers, we need folk who wish to come and circulate the track. We have SITT & NITT already underway for 2016 and will have a number of "arrive & drive" days (pen pitlane circulate as you wish) which are the perfect opportunity for folks new to the track to learn the lines and have some tuition. If you qualify (basic requirements) you can also have RSG Prestigio track cover for our events...
Leong, Graeme, Jamie, Jason, Walter and Chris M have just fitted their banners. Some members don't like the look, feel a bit claustrophobic and/or can't fit them themselves. We also have a few floating around with non members. I'm pretty happy with the acceptance and enjoy seeing them around the place.

Re expanding membership, unless there are existing track addicts out there, then it's a matter of nurturing emerging interest into a passion. Track trains and homogenous groups might encourage more.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?