Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2016, 04:43 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Walter, great to hear the day's events in your 'now expected' full detail mode. I suspect you could join the six figure club with all of the development to date and that planned Buying go faster bits off Chris would be a great opportunity, but leave some budget for 2k cup.

2k cup Events to come are:
Round 4 Manfeild – February 20th
BBQCT Hampton Downs – March 19 (5-7PM)
Round 5 Taupo – April 2nd
Round 6 Hampton Downs – May 7/8th
Dunlop 800 Hampton Downs – July 2nd

BTW: BB2's driver side damage is starting to rust so heat wave permitting I'm going to use my new slide hammer and pull the damage out, then bog and paint it. How bad is the Grinch damage on the passenger side? Do we need to panel beat it?
Old 01-24-2016, 05:53 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've posted this on the RSG forum for the SITT:

I've been in touch with Mainfreight 09 259550 to get a quote to transport my 17" track wheels to/from Chch. Pricing is pretty good.
To get a quote you need to wheel widths, diameter and total weight.
Mine were - stack of 4 high 940mm, 620mm diameter, 81kg

Drop at depo Auckand (Nbr 2 Railway Lane, Otahuhu) and deliver to a central Chch address $129 incl GST
Pick up Chch and deliver to depo Auckland $104

They can to point to point within Auckland and Chch - just provide details for quote.
They take 2-3 business days to deliver.
You can just go into depo and do the transaction when dropping wheels off or do it all over the phone for point to point.
Old 01-24-2016, 05:57 PM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Great to see Patsy fly. Be interested to hear what she thought of the new Trofeo Rs. They like heat...

The NT01 is a great tyre Walt and goes the distance from what I've told with generous heat cycle allowance. My guess is it's quicker than a R888 but a fraction slower than a soft c70 z221. I'm keen to try them myself as I understand they are bringing out some 20" fitments later this year. After using the z221 again for 3-4 track days last week on the 993 I have to say they make the MPSC2 seem like a roadie. Just so much grip those things. Addictive.
Yes Nittos aren't up there with the fastest but still win on value as they they can handle many heat cycles. Over in the States, NASA (the National Auto Sport Association) assigns more performance points to the Hankook TDs, Proxes RRs and the Trofeo Rs than they do to other streetable track tires which are lumped together in the next category down - from R888s through NT-01s and right up to MPSC2s.

Was good to see Patsy in the 991 GT3 just keep getting quicker all weekend. May have been just as well that I was out of that last race as I don't much like to let go and I don't know how much time was left to extract. My AIM Smartycam generally didn't pick up the start-finish so I've only managed to calculate a theoretical best lap from my five or six lap slowest session on day 1 but that's well shy of Patsy's last race time at a 1.14.5. Hoping I got lucky with the Smartycam yesterday again but haven't checked it yet.

I remember Chris B running in the 13s once before when chasing Neil but I think he lowered his 996T PB (and RSG 996T record) a bit further in that last race too. Great effort Chris, especially after not having touched the car for ages.

Biggest revelations for me out on track though were Paul's speed and also that of the Pete piloted Cayman R.

John O'Donnell in his 996T may have picked up the fastest improver prize? He went from brake fade on roadies in practice to grabbing some new fluid and Trofeo Rs for the races and rocketing up the grid as he got more used to the car .

Last edited by 996tnz; 01-24-2016 at 06:38 PM.
Old 01-24-2016, 06:36 PM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by John McM
I suspect you could join the six figure club with all of the development to date and that planned Buying go faster bits off Chris would be a great opportunity, but leave some budget for 2k cup.
Not knocking on the door of that particular club any time soon John. My upgrade parts spend, right down to the aero lip, cooler spark plugs and used Nittos is still under 10% of what I bought the car for. Patience went a long way in keeping the cost down. Labour and shipping wasn't too bad either as I usually rolled it in with regular or planned maintenance. I'm probably happy to run her as is for a while yet.

2k cup Events to come are:
Round 4 Manfeild – February 20th
BBQCT Hampton Downs – March 19 (5-7PM)
Round 5 Taupo – April 2nd
Round 6 Hampton Downs – May 7/8th
Dunlop 800 Hampton Downs – July 2nd

BTW: BB2's driver side damage is starting to rust so heat wave permitting I'm going to use my new slide hammer and pull the damage out, then bog and paint it. How bad is the Grinch damage on the passenger side? Do we need to panel beat it?
The upcoming RallyCross at BayPark has also extended an invitation to 2K Cuppers for 27,28 Feb. I'm keen if everyone's OK with it (and have spare shocks and springs just in case). More than happy to share or draw lots if others are keen too of course.

I've got a bunch of panelbeating tools too John so maybe we could make an afternoon of it sometime. Its easier with two people to work the big panels I think, though that pull hammer helps a lot. As mentioned, the Grinch pretty much looks the same on both sides, with the left a bit better than the right.

Last edited by 996tnz; 01-24-2016 at 07:08 PM.
Old 01-24-2016, 06:49 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 996tnz
The upcoming RallyCross at BayPark has also extended an invitation to 2K Cuppers for 27,28 Feb. I'm keen if everyone's OK with it (and have spare shocks and springs just in case). More than happy to share or draw lots if others are keen too of course.

I've got a bunch of panelbeating tools too John so maybe we could make an afternoon of it sometime. Its easier with two people to work the big panels I think, though that pull hammer helps a lot.
I googled that but still wasn't sure exactly what it's about with all of the hyperbole. Many of the co-owners have yet to have a real race and this looks potentially a lot harder on the cars than 2k cup. Let's talk off line and you can give us more info.

"NZ's first arena International Rallycross at Baypark Speedway combining rallycars, offroader, Honda cup cars & 2kcup cars on a combination of surfaces from clay to concrete & ashphalt including several high flying jumps over the 1.5 k track.

Rallycross is revolutionary, exciting and action-packed family entertainment.

The modern stadium seats 17,000 spectators under cover who will experience wild on-track action and be guaranteed an unforgettable experience of their lives.

There will be 60 action-packed races over the two days from 4pm to 10pm finishing under the lights featuring NZ & overseas drivers in their bid to be the inaugural NZ champion in each category.

There also will be other forms of live entertainment including pit walks & meet the drivers plus a DJ stage including special appearances from some of the legend drivers from the past
".
Old 01-24-2016, 06:53 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 996tnz
I've got a bunch of panelbeating tools too John so maybe we could make an afternoon of it sometime. Its easier with two people to work the big panels I think, though that pull hammer helps a lot.
Unfortunately the pull slide hammer I bought doesn't have a hot glue fitment i.e. we need to put holes in the metal to get a pull point. Still, we're not expecting to put these cars in a show and shine anytime soon so that's ok for the BB2 damage at least.
Old 01-24-2016, 07:08 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rally Cross is very cool - if they get some good drivers I'm keen to go over and watch.
Old 01-24-2016, 07:38 PM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

I googled that but still wasn't sure exactly what it's about with all of the hyperbole. Many of the co-owners have yet to have a real race and this looks potentially a lot harder on the cars than 2k cup. Let's talk off line and you can give us more info.

"NZ's first arena International Rallycross at Baypark Speedway combining rallycars, offroader, Honda cup cars & 2kcup cars on a combination of surfaces from clay to concrete & ashphalt including several high flying jumps over the 1.5 k track.

The modern stadium seats 17,000 spectators under cover who will experience wild on-track action and be guaranteed an unforgettable experience of their lives.

There will be 60 action-packed races over the two days from 4pm to 10pm finishing under the lights featuring NZ & overseas drivers in their bid to be the inaugural NZ champion in each category.

There also will be other forms of live entertainment including pit walks & meet the drivers plus a DJ stage including special appearances from some of the legend drivers from the past
".
Sorry if I appeared to jump the gun everyone. Just too keen maybe.

That's the promo yes, and there will be plenty of rally cars showing off. Ron Dixon (Scott's dad) is the organiser and I've discussed it with him at Puke and at the festival and he knows our cars aren't rallycross specials. The jumps are optional and will all have bypass chicanes around them for 2K Cuppers. He is passionate about fostering grassroots motorsports and is very keen to see a field of 2K cars compete as a class (half or full caged only). Worst case scenario, Team RSG would get another Integra (probably a JDM Si) out of the driver if it all went wrong but yes, there is also a risk of accelerated wear elsewhere though the races are short and would still be run under the 2K ethos. Ron is advertising for a caged 2K Cup car just now too actually as he's looking to enter the series and share it with his oldest son.

Thanks for opening a team discussion off RL John - will catch everyone there.
Old 01-24-2016, 07:43 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

".
I could be keen for this. Another weekend at Papamoa beach is not a hard sell to the Missus.
Old 01-24-2016, 08:00 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
I could be keen for this. Another weekend at Papamoa beach is not a hard sell to the Missus.
Better not sell your share too quickly then. Unfortunately I will be in Dingo Land the week before so could only be a spectator.

We can poll offline, but the chicane (if used!) alleviates my concerns about jumping Integras as does the knowledge that we won't be stuffed if the worst happens.

Given the Grinch has the full cage and is less valuable as unregistered, I'd prefer BB2 to be left out of this. She could do the BBQ, then maybe off to Taupo if Matt buys in.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:16 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Consensus is green light Walter with the provisos no jumping and if it breaks put it right. It appears like Paul is equally as mad as you and would like to drive as well. Please check what needs to be done for that. For the rest of us it looks like an excellent overnight road trip opportunity, especially if Herman is fixed by then.
Old 01-25-2016, 03:55 AM
MR JDM
8th Gear

Hi there,

A friend pointed me onto this forum with a Lotus Exige and said you guys will give me best luck in sorting the below.

Bit a long shot but I've been trying to find a Porsche 964 (I'm from Hamilton, NZ) that would be interested in being my driving for my wedding day (Monday 22nd February). After spending the last 2 weekends at Porsche Festival and having a blast I didn't have much luck finding a owner with a 964 next to there car whole time I did however get offers with newer 911's but holding on it hope for my dream car.

If any you know any one that could be interested could you please PM me, I'll be happy to pay you for your service/gas have some wedding cake and be part our day. My partner is going to be in a R35 Skyline her dream car so hopefully I can pull off mine also.

Thank you,

Kane.
Old 01-25-2016, 04:24 AM
shiraz
Racer

Hi Kane, I can't help - wrong island & car, but it's a cool concept. Hope it works out for you.
Old 01-25-2016, 04:35 AM
Pel
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Hi Kane

Hopefully this helps

www.lmh.nz
Old 01-25-2016, 04:36 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MR JDM
Hi there,

A friend pointed me onto this forum with a Lotus Exige and said you guys will give me best luck in sorting the below.

Bit a long shot but I've been trying to find a Porsche 964 (I'm from Hamilton, NZ) that would be interested in being my driving for my wedding day (Monday 22nd February). After spending the last 2 weekends at Porsche Festival and having a blast I didn't have much luck finding a owner with a 964 next to there car whole time I did however get offers with newer 911's but holding on it hope for my dream car.

If any you know any one that could be interested could you please PM me, I'll be happy to pay you for your service/gas have some wedding cake and be part our day. My partner is going to be in a R35 Skyline her dream car so hopefully I can pull off mine also.

Thank you,

Kane.
Cool!!! Loads of 964 owners on this board - any preference on color?

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?