Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2015 | 09:03 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=O2GO;12808384]I'll pm you as special deal.

It feels like DeJa-Vu all ver again LOL!

Doug was that the guy CCS recommended/use? They charged me $820 + GST for installation. I bought the improved Khuel evaporator (comes with the valve) and new drier/o-rings for approx $700 USD landed. I did the pollen filters while it was all out. At the time around $1900 all in for new air con. Given yu are trying to make your car "as new" it would be a shame o lug all that gear arund and have non functioning a/c especially in summer (use it in Jan on teh track r slow you down for the regularity trials :-)).

https://griffiths.com/product-catego...evaporators-2/
Old 12-02-2015 | 09:03 PM
993 Targa
Racer

That helmet is stunning! Would love one of those.

I was considering the regularity, however 3 things put me off:

1. Fire Extinguisher, a bit hard to mount properly in a street car sometimes.
2. Need to be there for all 3 days including Friday
3. Lack of track experience means I would only be doing it for the fun of it, I would be useless at regularity.
4. Price is a factor too I guess.
Old 12-02-2015 | 09:21 PM
O2GO
Drifting

[quote=Macca]
Originally Posted by O2GO
I'll pm you as special deal.

It feels like DeJa-Vu all ver again LOL!

Doug was that the guy CCS recommended/use? They charged me $820 + GST for installation. I bought the improved Khuel evaporator (comes with the valve) and new drier/o-rings for approx $700 USD landed. I did the pollen filters while it was all out. At the time around $1900 all in for new air con. Given yu are trying to make your car "as new" it would be a shame o lug all that gear arund and have non functioning a/c especially in summer (use it in Jan on teh track r slow you down for the regularity trials :-)).

https://griffiths.com/product-catego...evaporators-2/
I'll email you.
Old 12-02-2015 | 09:29 PM
racoguy
Racer

1st load of parts fresh from the oven, body is coming back tomorrow.
Just having a couple pieces of dust polished out and being de masked.
Attached Images   
Old 12-02-2015 | 11:06 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by racoguy
1st load of parts fresh from the oven, body is coming back tomorrow.
Just having a couple pieces of dust polished out and being de masked.
Looking forward to seeing those parts. I have a riveter for the rear bumper and some new license plate lights ex Chris M. In fact a number of items are ex Chris. Out of one persons pain and all that...
Old 12-02-2015 | 11:23 PM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Plan B is the merge the 2 events and run Reg Trails at 1.15 min time on the first weekend only?? A bit sad really?
I did better than this with with the PCNZ Sprints in 2014.
The PCNZ ones were super easy to enter, which helped I'm sure. Not sure we even needed transponders at the first ones I went to. And they were a single day format of multiple Sprints (and Regularities, but I think MSNZ killed off that combination last year?).

I'm still holding out some hope as numbers entered in the Sprints have more than quintupled already.

On the other hand I'm rather disappointed that as soon as a more sensible regularity lap time limit is mentioned, we seem to be falling over ourselves to slow it down again.

I wouldn't feel near as bad getting black flagged for breaking 1:15 with a new PB! If speed differentials are an issue, just run a fast and a slow trial.
Old 12-02-2015 | 11:45 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 996tnz
The PCNZ ones were super easy to enter, which helped I'm sure. Not sure we even needed transponders at the first ones I went to. And they were a single day format of multiple Sprints (and Regularities, but I think MSNZ killed off that combination last year?).

I'm still holding out some hope as numbers entered in the Sprints have more than quintupled already.

On the other hand I'm rather disappointed that as soon as a more sensible regularity lap time limit is mentioned, we seem to be falling over ourselves to slow it down again.

I wouldn't feel near as bad getting black flagged for breaking 1:15 with a new PB! If speed differentials are an issue, just run a fast and a slow trial.
From MSNZ regs

Preamble: Regularity Trials, being a Club Sport Basic permit status event, allow competitors to run their vehicles for the enjoyment of themselves and the spectators.

It is a competition being a trial of regularity, not outright speed. As such, it is exempted from some of the requirements of race competition.

The continuing existence of regularity trials relies upon the exercise of common sense, and, more particularly, good judgement on the part of the organisers in accepting or rejecting entries for specific events.

Gross variations in potential speed are not condoned, and lap times close to racing lap times for specific vehicles are also unacceptable.

Last edited by John McM; 12-03-2015 at 12:07 AM.
Old 12-03-2015 | 12:00 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Pete - you will need to modify your entry - I can't do this for you mate.

Sprints and Reg Trials are sitting at around 11 entries each (which is just truly pathetic - IMHO) given we have 30 RSG cars on 12 Dec 2015.

We are going to give a push for another week. Plan B is the merge the 2 events and run Reg Trails at 1.15 min time on the first weekend only??

A bit sad really?

I did better than this with with the PCNZ Sprints in 2014.
sounds good to me, liven it up a bit, even though I will be at plus 1.20 I would like to at least go hard out. And the other thing if combining events - no less track time than it was supposed to be - preferably more.
Now I have entered and have a bit of high ground to spout from it is quite expensive for a regularity drive, and a better pace would improve the take up I reckon.
I'm terrified that I could get black flagged if busting out and that would make the average lap cost about as much as hiring someone else's Lambo.
Old 12-03-2015 | 12:00 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

I posted the above, because I'm worried that we will put pressure on Paul with a whole lot of ideas/wishes that he can't meet based on the regs.

All of us that have looked for flexibility from MSNZ officials in the past will know how that worked out for us e.g. the entry debacle at our first 2k cup event where 5 drivers went home without a race.

Right now I imagine he's fighting hard to give us track time at all. Personally, I hope it's worked out soon so we can make a decision whether the amended races, if they are amended at all, still float our collective boats.
Old 12-03-2015 | 12:09 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by John McM
From MSNZ regs

Preamble: Regularity Trials, being a Club Sport Basic permit status event, allow competitors to run their vehicles for the enjoyment of themselves and the spectators.

It is a competition being a trial of regularity, not outright speed. As such, it is exempted from some of the requirements of race competition.

The continuing existence of regularity trials relies upon the exercise of common sense, and, more particularly, good judgement on the part of the organisers in accepting or rejecting entries for specific events.

Gross variations in potential speed are not condoned, and lap times close to racing lap times for specific vehicles are also unacceptable.
Understand where they're coming from. Unless I had plenty of clear track I wouldn't be pushing it anyway (always looking to drive to the conditions, and a track that's half full of slower and relatively inexperienced traffic is not really the place for heroics - oh hang on, that sounds like 2KCup!).

Just as well though that there aren't too many 924s and first gen 2.5 boxsters in the Porsche race series though as I suspect some may be given a fair bit of wellie in the Trials, even at a 1:25 limit.

FWIW, it's easier to be regular when pushing on, so those are the cars to have for such a Regularity Trial I reckon. Chucking away the clogged first 5 or 6 laps - plus the last one - of the last two 2KCup races I checked, there was a bit over and then a bit under one second of variation over the middle 14 laps between my slowest and fastest laps, with a little bit of that down to fuel reducing. Hat's off to those who can also do that at 7 or 8 tenths.
Old 12-03-2015 | 02:36 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Both Paul and I have been black flagged at Classic Trials. Your number is put on a board and you are on notice. If it's modest and not repeated post flagging then you just end up with a nil result for that trial and you continue competing. If it is deemed as deliberate rule breaking then you will likely be ejected from the remainder of the comp.

It is not hard to have fun at these events. You are allowed to race into corners, overtake on them I.e. go wheel to wheel. You just can't motor up the main straight at your normal speed. Otherwise it's all on. Want to go around turn 1 four cars wide? Go for it. Want to dive into turn 4? Go for it.
Old 12-03-2015 | 04:34 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

I can plug my Laptop int my LINK ECU and limit revs in 4+5th gear. This will slow me down on the front straight. Only use 4th in two other places but never go above 5000 with it in those spots. 5th only used n the straights. Other option is 100kg ballast in front trunk. Cement bags will do it. Might balance up the handling really nicely with a full tank - give it close t 50/50%.
Old 12-03-2015 | 04:52 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Originally Posted by John McM
I posted the above, because I'm worried that we will put pressure on Paul with a whole lot of ideas/wishes that he can't meet based on the regs.
Well said John. I think Paul is probably stuck between a rock and a hard place.

It's a shame the trials aren't being better supported -- it's the best chance to get a heap of different Porsche models out on track together.
Old 12-03-2015 | 04:56 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Originally Posted by nzskater
I'd enter, but given my inexperience I doubt if I had any hope in maintaining even a semblance of regularity!!
Jake don't let that stop you! Personally I'm ignoring the regularity bit and just going out to have some fun.
Old 12-03-2015 | 07:22 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Macca
I can plug my Laptop int my LINK ECU and limit revs in 4+5th gear. This will slow me down on the front straight. Only use 4th in two other places but never go above 5000 with it in those spots. 5th only used n the straights. Other option is 100kg ballast in front trunk. Cement bags will do it. Might balance up the handling really nicely with a full tank - give it close t 50/50%.
An extra 100kg in the form of a passenger only loses you around a second to maybe a second and a half at HD, at least in an Integra. Maybe a few shops worth of fishing sinkers for the trunk?

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?