Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 04:37 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MR JDM
Hi there,

A friend pointed me onto this forum with a Lotus Exige and said you guys will give me best luck in sorting the below.

Bit a long shot but I've been trying to find a Porsche 964 (I'm from Hamilton, NZ) that would be interested in being my driving for my wedding day (Monday 22nd February). After spending the last 2 weekends at Porsche Festival and having a blast I didn't have much luck finding a owner with a 964 next to there car whole time I did however get offers with newer 911's but holding on it hope for my dream car.

If any you know any one that could be interested could you please PM me, I'll be happy to pay you for your service/gas have some wedding cake and be part our day. My partner is going to be in a R35 Skyline her dream car so hopefully I can pull off mine also.

Thank you,

Kane.
I've met Kane through 2KCup and he comes across as a good sort and keen car guy who doesn't do things by halves so it should be a great day for all involved. Not sure I've met his better-half-to-be yet but I'm sure she's quite a catch too. You've probably asked the right crowd here Kane, and my congratulations go to the both of you already.
Old 01-25-2016, 04:57 AM
MR JDM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shiraz
Hi Kane, I can't help - wrong island & car, but it's a cool concept. Hope it works out for you.
I do too! Worst case its not going to ruin my day it would just be an added bonus. Thank you for your kind words.

Originally Posted by Pel
Hi Kane

Hopefully this helps

www.lmh.nz
Thank you, having a looking over this now.

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Cool!!! Loads of 964 owners on this board - any preference on color?
No preference, White or Black would be my favourite but I do like any the options they came out with

I was lucky at the NZFMR that Michael Neville let me have a look over his 964 Cup Car and offered to have a sit in it. I was to nervous too and missed out and now kicking myself!

Originally Posted by 996tnz
I've met Kane through 2KCup and he comes across as a good sort and keen car guy who doesn't do things by halves so it should be a great day for all involved. Not sure I've met his better-half-to-be yet but I'm sure she's quite a catch too. You've probably asked the right crowd here Kane, and my congratulations go to the both of you already.
Oh we have meet! Who is this? Do you race in 2Kcup? I do miss 2kcup greatly, but decided to pull pin and car went to South island for awhile and focus on getting my Honda Cup car back to its formal glory as I haven't used it for 4 years now which is depressing.

My partner is greatly into cars too, She shouldn't have been to far when I was at 2kcup. She has always been a great support for my motorracing and also enjoyed the Porsche Festival.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:42 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Oh we have meet! Who is this? Do you race in 2Kcup? I do miss 2kcup greatly, but decided to pull pin and car went to South island for awhile and focus on getting my Honda Cup car back to its formal glory as I haven't used it for 4 years now which is depressing.

My partner is greatly into cars too, She shouldn't have been to far when I was at 2kcup. She has always been a great support for my motorracing and also enjoyed the Porsche Festival.
Met you (both actually) at the crazy hot round at Taupo last year, back in February or so. You were running Toyos on your car then right? I ran our black 61 RSG2 Integra at that meet, and with John running our green one too, we were parked next door to you.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:21 PM
MR JDM
8th Gear

Met you (both actually) at the crazy hot round at Taupo last year, back in February or so. You were running Toyos on your car then right? I ran our black 61 RSG2 Integra at that meet, and with John running our green one too, we were parked next door to you.
Ah I should have clicked! RSG on your bonnet. George helped me with work it out after I jumped off the forum last night. Yeah was running Toyo R1R, I work for Toyo why the car was plastered in it. Are you guys still running? I hope you've had better luck as lately. Really need come watch a round and see how its going these days.

Was thinking trying share a drive later in the season if there is a Endurance race again with someone.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:32 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ah I should have clicked! RSG on your bonnet. George helped me with work it out after I jumped off the forum last night. Yeah was running Toyo R1R, I work for Toyo why the car was plastered in it. Are you guys still running? I hope you've had better luck as lately. Really need come watch a round and see how its going these days.

Was thinking trying share a drive later in the season if there is a Endurance race again with someone.
If you work for Toyo then you'll know when we can expect the new R88R's to hit the country

Any idea? Lots of people hanging out for these!!
Old 01-25-2016, 03:06 PM
MR JDM
8th Gear

If you work for Toyo then you'll know when we can expect the new R88R's to hit the country

Any idea? Lots of people hanging out for these!!
Yup Gavin who is the Manager (Car tyre side) and myself are who do the ordering for them.

What size's did you want to know?
Old 01-25-2016, 03:26 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yup Gavin who is the Manager (Car tyre side) and myself are who do the ordering for them.

What size's did you want to know?
18" 265/40 and 235/40 for the Caymans
17" 255/40 and 225/45 for the 964s (I think)
Bound to be others as well

Didn't think they were due until late in the year - and haven't seen any actual trackday reviews to compare them with the current crop of r comps.
Old 01-25-2016, 04:04 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

Add 235/35/19 & 305/30/19 to that list! Very keen to try out a set.
Old 01-25-2016, 04:43 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Kane, I was driving the Green VTI-R that had to withdraw from the last race at Taupo, due to overheating. I also own a White 964. While I'd love to help out someone with such good taste in cars, unfortunately I have no timeline for the gearbox fix and am overseas on the weekend of your wedding. Nathan has a Silver/Grey 964 in Hamilton. I hope he PMs you with an offer to help.
Old 01-25-2016, 05:03 PM
MR JDM
8th Gear

18" 265/40 and 235/40 for the Caymans
17" 255/40 and 225/45 for the 964s (I think)
Bound to be others as well

Didn't think they were due until late in the year - and haven't seen any actual trackday reviews to compare them with the current crop of r comps.
Sadly 265/40 & 255/50 isn't an option in the new pattern yet. The two front sizes are ordered however with ETA currently end April

Originally Posted by nzskater
Add 235/35/19 & 305/30/19 to that list! Very keen to try out a set.
Sadly not out yet to order

Originally Posted by John McM
Kane, I was driving the Green VTI-R that had to withdraw from the last race at Taupo, due to overheating. I also own a White 964. While I'd love to help out someone with such good taste in cars, unfortunately I have no timeline for the gearbox fix and am overseas on the weekend of your wedding. Nathan has a Silver/Grey 964 in Hamilton. I hope he PMs you with an offer to help.
Hi John!

Nice to put some faces to usernames already. I'd love to see some photo's for your 964, what happen to the gearbox? I hope Nathan PMs me also! I'm going to give the hire place a call at lunch today. Would be epic to drive one, I'd prob have a tear come down my face haha.
Old 01-25-2016, 05:31 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Nice to put some faces to usernames already. I'd love to see some photo's for your 964, what happen to the gearbox? I hope Nathan PMs me also! I'm going to give the hire place a call at lunch today. Would be epic to drive one, I'd prob have a tear come down my face haha.
Many of us were in our late 30s before we were lucky enough to own our first Porsche. My first one was a '93 Turbo 3.6 (pictured below), which I recently exported to the UK.

My current car, the White C4 has had a glass out respray, full engine rebuild and a gearbox rebuild. The latter had some issue (still being worked out by the shop). I hope to be blasting some B roads before Summer ends.

Good luck with the hire.
Attached Images    
Old 01-25-2016, 05:39 PM
MR JDM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by John McM
Many of us were in our late 30s before we were lucky enough to own our first Porsche. My first one was a '93 Turbo 3.6 (pictured below), which I recently exported to the UK.

My current car, the White C4 has had a glass out respray, full engine rebuild and a gearbox rebuild. The latter had some issue (still being worked out by the shop). I hope to be blasting some B roads before Summer ends.

Good luck with the hire.
Still got over decade then to match that - got a goal now
Looks amazing John! love it in white, how long have you owned it for?
Old 01-25-2016, 05:43 PM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Would be good to see you out there again sometime, you had that thing moving. While everyone is bailing you up for news on the R88Rs, are they doing a good range of 18s? eg 225 to 245x40 fronts and 295 to 315x30 rears?
Old 01-25-2016, 06:16 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Would be good to see you out there again sometime, you had that thing moving. While everyone is bailing you up for news on the R88Rs, are they doing a good range of 18s? eg 225 to 245x40 fronts and 295 to 315x30 rears?
^^^ Ditto - these sizes are needed for 996 GT3's and there are a few of us (if you have an ETA?)
Old 01-25-2016, 06:30 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sadly 265/40 & 255/50 isn't an option in the new pattern yet. The two front sizes are ordered however with ETA currently end April
Is there a list of available sizes? We have a little bit of flexibility....

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?