Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2016 | 07:37 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
Dual sprints results
Looks like Walt has found a solid second (well done) and Sam about 4 sec's, at 1.16, he is only 2-3 sec's off the GT3 train. Will be nice to make it 4 cars.........

Walt - you need these to find that next second and hang with the GT3's

http://www.pcnsw.com.au/PorscheClubs...0E8133#pagetop

P.s - where's Pete?

Last edited by kiwi 911; 01-23-2016 at 10:50 PM.
Old 01-23-2016 | 07:39 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Leong, Graeme, Jamie, Jason, Walter and Chris M have just fitted their banners. Some members don't like the look, feel a bit claustrophobic and/or can't fit them themselves. We also have a few floating around with non members. I'm pretty happy with the acceptance and enjoy seeing them around the place.

Re expanding membership, unless there are existing track addicts out there, then it's a matter of nurturing emerging interest into a passion. Track trains and homogenous groups might encourage more.
Thanks John. I did see Jasons & Graemes and was impressed how well those colours matched their cars. Looked very good. Its good to see them out there...

Nurturing emerging passion is what we are all about. Most of us started out less than a couple of years ago with zero experience. Open days are a great way for a few of us to lead some new talent around the track in a train and show them the lines (or else they can jump in a cages car and learn the lines from the passenger seat). Its also a great format fr a group of similar cars to cluster up on the pit lane and head out together fr 15 mins (964, GT3 etc). Hopefully a few lurkers on this board may take up the challenge in 2016 to use their Porsche to its full potential. Ive nt yet heard anyone attend a day and complain they wished they had never driven their car on the track....

Great work Chris! Walts looking consistent and Patsy is finding some new speed!
Old 01-23-2016 | 07:44 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Looks like Walt has found a solid second (well done) and Sam about 4 sec's, at 1.16, he is only 2-3 sec's of the GT3 train. Will be nice to make it 4 cars.........

P.s - where's Pete?
All Walt needs is some Z221 Paul. Hes still on roadies right? Then he will be in mid 13s!
Old 01-23-2016 | 08:02 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
All Walt needs is some Z221 Paul. Hes still on roadies right? Then he will be in mid 13s!

I think he has NITTO's or something similar?

You will have to ask him?

It will be awesome if he is this quick as he would be the fastest road car based 911 on the track...!!
Old 01-23-2016 | 08:17 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Chris B is in the Turbo today I believe so he's the quickest road car I think. That was the plan yesterday when I was there after his Cayman had engine probs yesterday :-(
Old 01-23-2016 | 09:04 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Runtothehills
Looking at race monitor some impressive times
from rsg over the series. How does it work with the Pirellis for the race series, does everyone have to have these or optional?
Yes compulsory for points in the championship. You can run other tires but don't qualify for points if you do.

Had to retire for the sprints and afternoon Porsche races due to sore shoulder. Not worth the pain!! Bonus is getting to watch the lads from the PCNZ covered grandstand
Old 01-23-2016 | 09:54 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Which I was at the track today but slumming it here instead..... ;-p
Attached Images  
Old 01-23-2016 | 10:06 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Which I was at the track today but slumming it here instead..... ;-p
Slumming indeed. I feel for you. 29C here. Slight breeze and Cafe on Kohi for a coffee. Back at 7pm when it's high tide with our chairs to enjoy the Sunset and listen to the Russians talk while they walk.
Attached Images   
Old 01-23-2016 | 10:29 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Slumming indeed. I feel for you. 29C here. Slight breeze and Cafe on Kohi for a coffee. Back at 7pm when it's high tide with our chairs to enjoy the Sunset and listen to the Russians talk while they walk.
Pretty similar climes right now John I suspect the only difference is water temp- never gets below 26 here as you know. The only sounds I'm hearing on the beach are the Fruen & Seagar grand girls Parlez vous France...,lol
Old 01-23-2016 | 10:48 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Yes compulsory for points in the championship. You can run other tires but don't qualify for points if you do.

Had to retire for the sprints and afternoon Porsche races due to sore shoulder. Not worth the pain!! Bonus is getting to watch the lads from the PCNZ covered grandstand
Yeah from all that gear changing in the R.........
Old 01-23-2016 | 10:49 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

I almost had my banner installed, but a slip of the hand while trimming resulted in my one being ruined. Have got a second that has been handed around a few people and ended up with me, will make an effort to fit this week.

Regarding numbers - the last few events and I think those upcoming have been over subscribed, but I think you're right about finding new members who are keen on getting out there.

And agree that it's the perfect way to introduce yourself and your car to the track. I was apprehensive about joining in on a session filled with experienced drivers, but space is easily found on the track to go as fast or as slow as you like - often you'll have to make a concentrated effort to bunch up with others.

Once you start to get the feel for it, and slot in with others running at similar pace, it's incredibly fun.
Originally Posted by kiwi 911

I think the Turbo and GT2 setup is different, due to the weight from the front diff etc in the 4wd. Would be a great buy otherwise.

Think he's running Sumitomo's?
Old 01-23-2016 | 11:10 PM
964X33
Burning Brakes

Was bummed to retire hurt at the arrive and drive day and not to be able to take part in the Porsche parade but Mr Blue is still out waiting bits (dissy cap, rotor, leads). Seems very temp related as from stone cold there is barely a hesitation - I guess that strongly suggests electrical and a quick look thru maintenance records would seem to indicate all these bits are 25 years old.

Any progress on Hermann John?

Some thoughts on membership FWIIW. Perhaps we can get some business cards or small flyers made and hand them out to the core members. Put some in the glove boxes of our fleet of cars, then whenever you see a likely looking Porsche parked up, throw one under its wiper. Would need to have some encouraging words like no experience needed and if/when they get in touch, they could be thrown an info email and cast in the direction of this forum. Maybe we could set up a ring fenced first timers slot in a future arrive and drive so (at least for those with no experience) can build some confidence without the fast guys shaking them on their way past. Additionally if someone (Macca?) can sweet talk CCS into sending past driver training attendees some info on our group. There were some who showed interest when I attended last year but unfortunately no details were passed. If PCNZ think we are not a separatist outfit, they might be happy for an article describing/promoting the group in Spiel (Paul?). Most of us are members I think and our aims bridge the gap between their occasional driver training days and out and out racing.
Old 01-23-2016 | 11:21 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nzskater
I almost had my banner installed, but a slip of the hand while trimming resulted in my one being ruined. Have got a second that has been handed around a few people and ended up with me, will make an effort to fit this week.

Regarding numbers - the last few events and I think those upcoming have been over subscribed, but I think you're right about finding new members who are keen on getting out there.

And agree that it's the perfect way to introduce yourself and your car to the track. I was apprehensive about joining in on a session filled with experienced drivers, but space is easily found on the track to go as fast or as slow as you like - often you'll have to make a concentrated effort to bunch up with others.

Once you start to get the feel for it, and slot in with others running at similar pace, it's incredibly fun.

I think the Turbo and GT2 setup is different, due to the weight from the front diff etc in the 4wd. Would be a great buy otherwise.

Think he's running Sumitomo's?
In chasing down Walter on Friday avo, I made most of the time on catching him under brakes, corner speeds where similar and on the front staight he would pull about 2 car lengths on me.

If Walter can brake later - he will be king of the track......
Old 01-24-2016 | 12:56 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 964X33
Was bummed to retire hurt at the arrive and drive day and not to be able to take part in the Porsche parade but Mr Blue is still out waiting bits (dissy cap, rotor, leads). Seems very temp related as from stone cold there is barely a hesitation - I guess that strongly suggests electrical and a quick look thru maintenance records would seem to indicate all these bits are 25 years old. Any progress on Hermann John? Some thoughts on membership FWIIW. Perhaps we can get some business cards or small flyers made and hand them out to the core members. Put some in the glove boxes of our fleet of cars, then whenever you see a likely looking Porsche parked up, throw one under its wiper. Would need to have some encouraging words like no experience needed and if/when they get in touch, they could be thrown an info email and cast in the direction of this forum. Maybe we could set up a ring fenced first timers slot in a future arrive and drive so (at least for those with no experience) can build some confidence without the fast guys shaking them on their way past. Additionally if someone (Macca?) can sweet talk CCS into sending past driver training attendees some info on our group. There were some who showed interest when I attended last year but unfortunately no details were passed. If PCNZ think we are not a separatist outfit, they might be happy for an article describing/promoting the group in Spiel (Paul?). Most of us are members I think and our aims bridge the gap between their occasional driver training days and out and out racing.
The Gruppe is a lot changed on from December 2012 e.g. I think the only GT3 then was owned by 'Ballerina Ho' and he barely drove it. Now we have many core members with GT3s, thousands of laps under their belts and for want of a better word, some informal racing (3 wide in turn 1 at the last open pit day!). New members could well be encouraged by moderate paced passenger laps, ring fenced sessions and tuition. Personal cards is a great idea. I'd happily pass those out if I could confidently tell them what to expect.

As for Herman, he's apparently off to Pirongia tomorrow. The timeframe from there is unknown. To be honest I'm expecting it's more than just an adjustment here and there. The box is stuck in third and it doesn't sound good. Any parts will take a while to obtain (I have the T shirt for that).

I've done my best to put it at the back of my mind and not get wound up. Given it happened less than 100km after the rebuild its likely an assembly issue. Apparently the G50 box is difficult to assemble. An American rebuilder has a special case which has been cut in half, which allows them to assemble everything and ensure it all works before they fit it in the proper case. Time will tell.
Old 01-24-2016 | 01:21 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

John. A few have commented about the GT3 road train. I'm sure those on

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?