Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2016, 05:38 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Unlike you and Macca I wasn't trying to get black flagged. I definitely had a few seconds more. Not hard really when I was driving a car maybe 150kg lighter than Herman.
I think it's a 2WD thing John :-p

Michael you forgot to add the Le Mans sound track when being overtaken by a 993 to your list ha ha!

In hindsight Buba and I should have sandbagged the 3rd race and then gone hell for leather in the last round....
Old 01-18-2016, 05:50 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Michael you forgot to add the Le Mans sound track when being overtaken by a 993 to your list ha ha!
Always a pleasure!

In hindsight Buba and I should have sandbagged the 3rd race and then gone hell for leather in the last round....
Imagine what it would have been like if Paul hadn't managed to drop the time bar from 1:25...
Old 01-18-2016, 05:55 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
The day in the life of a 44'er - looks like fun.........
When are you gonna? It's as inevitable as you getting your GT3.
Old 01-18-2016, 06:07 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Obsessed
Kev knows of one with a trailer, lighter than Petes and maybe $20k. Situated in Levin.
Old 01-18-2016, 03:24 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome weekend, had a lot of fun. The time bar obviously wasn't an issue for me so I was able to drive as fast as I could. I ended up following Craig and Geoff each session and we all got faster each time.

Mission accomplished... the last lap of the last session was a personal best, so very happy about that. As predicted most of the time I'd lost was in turn 1.
Awesome job Michael - feels good aye!

Pirelli Porsche Series NZFMR Hampton Downs Race 2 - YouTube

The day in the life of a 44'er - looks like fun.........
It was - that was a seriously fun race. I only just got swamped by 4 of the GT3s up that last straight but finished top of the 44's. Adrenalin rush++ !!

Michael N's driving is simple clean lines - really smooth. That car is either very light or has some extra horses - or both.

Best moments of the weekend:

- Paul doing a 1:18, on an out-lap
- Brendan having a braking adventure into turn 1 and having one of the ice packs in his suit slide down his leg
- Beating a Cayman to turn 1 off the line (OK I think he took pity on me)
- Passing a 964
- Finishing the weekend with a PB
Caymans and 944's are good friends....

And been banned for the whole 2nd weekend!

Kev knows of one with a trailer, lighter than Petes and maybe $20k. Situated in Levin.
Do it, do it, do it!!!
Old 01-18-2016, 03:29 PM
ChrisB_NZ
Racer

I know of an orange one for sale, slightly damaged, price adjusted accordingly. Great car!
Old 01-18-2016, 03:43 PM
ChrisB_NZ
Racer

I will be staying out at Hampton Downs again this weekend. If anyone wants a bed out there then let me know. Similarly, all welcome to watch the action from the apartment over the weekend. I also have a few spare tickets if anyone wants one.

I will be out there from Thursday afternoon through to Sunday night. Not sure what cars I will be running yet, Cayman in Pirelli and enduro, and maybe another in Porsche Classic.
Old 01-18-2016, 03:50 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ChrisB_NZ
I will be staying out at Hampton Downs again this weekend. If anyone wants a bed out there then let me know. Similarly, all welcome to watch the action from the apartment over the weekend. I also have a few spare tickets if anyone wants one.

I will be out there from Thursday afternoon through to Sunday night. Not sure what cars I will be running yet, Cayman in Pirelli and enduro, and maybe another in Porsche Classic.
I'll be out there on Saturday as a spectator. It would be good to watch the dual sprints etc from the apartment, thanks.
Old 01-18-2016, 03:50 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

I know of an orange one for sale, slightly damaged, price adjusted accordingly. Great car!
You didn't mention that its also a v quick car.

I'll stay Thurs night if poss? Will be going to the membership meeting to hear what its all about.

Cayman should get a good run against some of the class A cars - will be good to see how it performs.
Old 01-18-2016, 03:57 PM
ChrisB_NZ
Racer

I'll be out there on Saturday as a spectator. It would be good to watch the dual sprints etc from the apartment, thanks.
Sounds good. Just come down to the car when you arrive and I can give you a key to the apartment
Old 01-18-2016, 04:07 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Will be going to the membership meeting to hear what its all about.

Cayman should get a good run against some of the class A cars - will be good to see how it performs.
I'm interested to know if shared memberships are an option. Looking at my work schedule I can make the 2k cup BBQ on 13/3, but everything else, whether RSG or 2k Cup clashes with an offshore trip. 2016 is looking like a lean track year.

I'll check the programme to catch as many events as possible, the Cayman could be a bolter.

Sounds good. Just come down to the car when you arrive and I can give you a key to the apartment
Will do.
Old 01-18-2016, 04:08 PM
ChrisB_NZ
Racer

You didn't mention that its also a v quick car.

I'll stay Thurs night if poss? Will be going to the membership meeting to hear what its all about.

944 goes good, not a major to fix, pretty straight already! Cayman will be fun.

I have registered for the GT membership briefing so will attend that with you and there is plenty of room to stay.
Old 01-18-2016, 04:08 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Chris - would it be possible to stay Saturday night please?

P.s - just having a good laugh with the painters about your mirrors and poles that have been removed?

Sounds like you brought the Play Boy mansion or a 'swinging' retreat??
Old 01-18-2016, 04:12 PM
ChrisB_NZ
Racer

The good thing about the Cayman is that it should be a B class car! Breakout for B class is 1:12:99.
Old 01-18-2016, 04:15 PM
ChrisB_NZ
Racer

Chris - would it be possible to stay Saturday night please?

P.s - just having a good laugh with the painters about your mirrors and poles that have been removed?

Sounds like you brought the Play Boy mansion or a 'swinging' retreat??
Saturday night is good. Dan and Rob staying Saturday night so you will be on the air bed, nice and comfortable, especially after a few drinks!

The new house has much history , I would describe its former life as a swinging retreat, with its own full on dungeon!

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?