Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 05:12 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris_chch
This is a really nice car. Got to.see.it while it was getting a bare metal work over... and more recently on the streets of chch. Lot of $$$ in it.
Cool, looks like a 3.0 SC motor on carbs. It looks pretty good, sits well, probably goes well too with a rebuilt engine. Nice. Just needs period bucket seats I reckon - the toombestones never really suited the early cars. I'd like to spend a couple of hours going over this one.
The asking price will get a bit of talk going - might he a bit fat but you never know. I would have thought $120k would do it but someone will really want it.
Old 12-18-2015, 05:33 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxem
Cool, looks like a 3.0 SC motor on carbs. It looks pretty good, sits well, probably goes well too with a rebuilt engine. Nice. Just needs period bucket seats I reckon - the toombestones never really suited the early cars. I'd like to spend a couple of hours going over this one. The asking price will get a bit of talk going - might he a bit fat but you never know. I would have thought $120k would do it but someone will really want it.
They are likely aware of the camo cap and screwdriver rep.....
Old 12-18-2015, 05:59 AM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
https://www.facebook.com/Devillersvi...3797416371089/

Who says GT3's can't handle 'B Roads' Macca?

I think this auto-cross / rally-cross needs to go on my bucket list.

Graeme - you must be a contender for this, can you hire the cars and do this anywhere in the world?
haha nice, top spec cars there, sequential box, top suspension, etc not sure but looks like Euro rally event to me but may not actually be one event? just montage of video. The Visit Romania car is owned by Tuthill Porsche most probably with Francois Delecour driving. That car is best of best build. Exe-tec suspension and run in RGT class of WRC events like Monte Carlo, Rally Deutschland. You can certainly hire a historic Tuthill rally car for a Euro event. I have thought about it but only fleetingly as they are worth north of nzd 150k so damage cost doesn't bear thinking about. These are the same cars that we drove at the Ice Driving in Sweden. But there the risk of damage is minimal as its on a frozen lake and any 'off' is simply into banked snow and you get towed out and start again. The cars are nicely built and set up, but gt3 money here.

Tuthill have rented the 'Romania' car too to run in an Irish event so its just a matter of budget.

Putting aside a Euro track day at say Spa or Nring - just a side trip as part of a holiday I wouldn't mind a day of instruction in Uk with kiwi Rob Ford assuming it could even be booked. He is too busy these days with top drivers beating a track to his door. F1, GP2, WRC (Hayden P before one of the tarmac rally events). Or a real bucket list thing maybe a 24H endurance event somewhere. Trouble is might need to so some lead up stuff here so quit Targa for a couple years? dunno.
Old 12-18-2015, 06:05 AM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxem
Cool, looks like a 3.0 SC motor on carbs. It looks pretty good, sits well, probably goes well too with a rebuilt engine. Nice. Just needs period bucket seats I reckon - the toombestones never really suited the early cars. I'd like to spend a couple of hours going over this one.
The asking price will get a bit of talk going - might he a bit fat but you never know. I would have thought $120k would do it but someone will really want it.
makes your one look pretty good
Old 12-18-2015, 06:19 AM
PHG
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok guys and gals
You know where to go
It looks like the weather is going to be good so let's cook
I dont know how many car parks will be available but as you turn right past the Canterbury shop you will see a fence and keypad for the barrier arm. It is hard to reach from the Pcar but it can be done
I have a one time code of 65331> which will let u in
Glenda and I look forward to seeing you all
Works on the gate too..
Old 12-18-2015, 06:20 AM
PHG
Racer

Ok guys and gals
You know where to go
It looks like the weather is going to be good so let's cook
I dont know how many car parks will be available but as you turn right past the Canterbury shop you will see a fence and keypad for the barrier arm. It is hard to reach from the Pcar but it can be done
I have a one time code of 65331> which will let u in
Glenda and I look forward to seeing you all
Works on the gate too..
Old 12-18-2015, 06:23 AM
PHG
Racer

A good mate owns the orange Yagermeister RSR
That has just had a big birthday. Road legal track car if anybody is looking
Talk to me tomorrow..
Old 12-18-2015, 07:34 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Moderm headunit in traditional style for 964/993/996 ($215 USD) with factory adpator harness etc

http://www.bergvillfx.com/index.php/...7418ub-or.html
Old 12-18-2015, 02:40 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Graeme, while looking for caulking for the door membranes I was directed to this site http://www.restosupplies.co.nz they supply sound deadening and other tasty stuff.

Meanwhile Herman inches closer to the finish. Door sill sorted and a gratuitous pic of the door bellows. It's the detail that counts.
Attached Images      
Old 12-18-2015, 02:43 PM
Pel
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Moderm headunit in traditional style for 964/993/996 ($215 USD) with factory adpator harness etc

http://www.bergvillfx.com/index.php/...7418ub-or.html
Nice find Mark
Old 12-18-2015, 02:47 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Hi Phil, I'll be there, not sure what time but probably a bit later.
Dave
Old 12-18-2015, 02:54 PM
Maxem
Drifting

It does make mine look pretty good thanks Graeme. The main take out from looking at the white one is that I have yet to get the stance / deep 6 fuch look right. Can't be hard but I might have fo parred on the tyres. 195-65 whereas 205 - 60 might have been the go but terrified of inner gaurd rub. Possible 195-60 or 205-55. The race wheels have 205-50 but the these are fine for track but a bit small and the car has to be very low to look any good which drags its belly everywhere.
Ride height adjustments and spacers will do it.
Attached Images  
Old 12-18-2015, 03:18 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Will people pay that kind of money for a non original car? It's new GT4 money.

175k seems crazy lot of money for a LHD with a nice paint job and non original 3.0 to me. It's more than Dean's concourse T was valved at recently for insurance.

I hope whomever buys it actually drives it like David is intending. Seems rather expensive as a 1:1 static display model to me.
Old 12-18-2015, 03:27 PM
Spokes
Rennlist Member

Received 314 Likes on 145 Posts

175k seems crazy lot of money for a LHD with a nice paint job and non original 3.0 to me. It's more than Dean's concourse T was valved at recently for insurance.

I hope whomever buys it actually drives it like David is intending. Seems rather expensive as a 1:1 static display model to me.
Can't get my head around that price. My view, but LHD wouldn't work on the road around my way, impossible to overtake. Also is that cripple creases on the dash?

S
Old 12-18-2015, 03:32 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Its definitely a fishing expedition, but you never know.
Dean's is better in every way, plus it's an E.
Archibalds seem to be setting the pace in terms of air cooled asking prices. But the market will decide. One crazy rich guy falling for it at 175k doesn't nescessarily mean thats what its worth.
I reckon between 100 and 120 and I'd like to see it priced at that to really test the market so we know what these things are actually worth.

Edit, I don't mean to criticise the seller for asking that sort of money, if it was mine and it sold for that I'd be quite chuffed. And selling cars isn't a charity gig so they have a right to ask what they want.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?