Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 04:16 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Who actually won the regularity prize? And which of the 'non-excluded' RSG'rs placed highest??
If I had have known there was no silver on offer I'd have bail d and gone for some fun. I was (regularity ranking) 2nd for race 1 and 2, 1st for race 3 but we didnt get to see results for race 4 but it felt good. I learned a lot from it which hopefully can be transformed into faster times.

We were warned (by Paul) not to be too naughty or any future dispensation (to cut the minimum from 1:25 to 1:22) could be jeopardy for future such events. Terry th sugg sted we do as Paul says, not as he does... LOL.

It was a lot of fun, especially hanging out together and being 2 races behind the big RSG boys in their real race cars which we could watch before having to go grid up.

Well done to everyone who competed. The sprints should be fun next weekend. Jealous.
Old 01-17-2016, 04:21 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Awesome Doug - sounds like RSG needs to arrange a 7/10ths trophy (aka the Miller Cup)
Old 01-17-2016, 04:30 AM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Guys - I have just realised I left my helmet at the track - white open face under the easy-up.

Did anyone collect this by any chance?

Cheers
Paul
I didn't notice anything as we were packing up but wasn't there right at the end. Sorry Paul.

Doug, Pel?
Old 01-17-2016, 04:34 AM
O2GO
Drifting

I saw a white GT10 on the ground as we were packing but wasn't last to leave the area. Others were still packing up. Sorry Paul, didn't recognise it as yours :-(
Old 01-17-2016, 04:35 AM
Pel
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry I didn't see or collect it.
Old 01-17-2016, 04:36 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Awesome Doug - sounds like RSG needs to arrange a 7/10ths trophy (aka the Miller Cup)
Ha ha

Hope your gearbox issue? isn't a major.

Steve was busy in the lead up to the event, looks like that will continue for a while.
Old 01-17-2016, 04:38 AM
Pel
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great weekend guys, cheers...

Pete saw you pulled over, what happened?
Old 01-17-2016, 04:41 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by O2GO
I saw a white GT10 on the ground as we were packing but wasn't last to leave the area. Others were still packing up. Sorry Paul, didn't recognise it as yours :-(
That's it :-(
Old 01-17-2016, 05:49 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pel
Great weekend guys, cheers...

Pete saw you pulled over, what happened?
Blew the center out of the clutch - going around the barrel it's had 18 months use including 2 years of enduros so pretty good going. New clutch next week

These things are consumables I'm told. Like engines & gearboxes!!
Old 01-17-2016, 06:02 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
That's it :-(
Just send an email to the entrants. I doubt the last to leave just left a helmet on the ground. Heck, the office kept the small $ value magnetic number I lost on the track for two days. Mind you it never occurred to them to look for car #62 and return it.
Old 01-17-2016, 06:13 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Had a lot of fun out there this weekend. Thanks to all for your good cheer and Chris B for the bed. The old girl soldiered on but had a mind of her own. Apparently Buba, John and I are "bad boys". Unlike Doug we knew there was no prize early on. In all seriousness Paul and I did have a speed bar on the straight each race if 150-160 but I don't know what happened, I think we just got quicker in the midfield on the last session but we sure had some fun getting black flagged. I think the sprints are definitely more my cup of tea. At least I've tried it now and know it's not for me.

Lots of great Porsches out there today but quite honestly I didn't pay a lot of attention. You get a bit desensitised after 50 or so. Yesterday the highlight for me was the 69 911 in white with 40 year patina. Just like a well worn and loved leather boot- perfect! Today the highlight was Graeme's 2.7RS recreation in Steves garage. For the regularity group I think Daves car takes the cake (prefer it without the front strikes and on mini kites tho mate). Well done!
Old 01-17-2016, 06:22 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Had a lot of fun out there this weekend. Thanks to all for your good cheer and Chris B for the bed. The old girl soldiered on but had a mind of her own. Apparently Buba, John and I are "bad boys". Unlike Doug we knew there was no prize early on. In all seriousness Paul and I did have a speed bar on the straight each race if 150-160 but I don't know what happened, I think we just got quicker in the midfield on the last session but we sure had some fun getting black flagged. I think the sprints are definitely more my cup of tea. At least I've tried it now and know it's not for me.

Lots of great Porsches out there today but quite honestly I didn't pay a lot of attention. You get a bit desensitised after 50 or so. Yesterday the highlight for me was the 69 911 in white with 40 year patina. Just like a well worn and loved leather boot- perfect! Today the highlight was Graeme's 2.7RS recreation in Steves garage. For the regularity group I think Daves car takes the cake (prefer it without the front strikes and on mini kites tho mate). Well done!
Temporary installation. The mini kites (minilites?) were steves but she goes back on the deep 6 fuchs with balloon tyres this week and maybe dropped an inch. The chap from speedhunters wants to do an article so have to have it looking good for that to properly introduce the Orange T to the international market and get the asking price up another notch....
Old 01-17-2016, 01:50 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Had a lot of fun out there this weekend. Thanks to all for your good cheer and Chris B for the bed. The old girl soldiered on but had a mind of her own. Apparently Buba, John and I are "bad boys". Unlike Doug we knew there was no prize early on. In all seriousness Paul and I did have a speed bar on the straight each race if 150-160 but I don't know what happened, I think we just got quicker in the midfield on the last session but we sure had some fun getting black flagged. I think the sprints are definitely more my cup of tea. At least I've tried it now and know it's not for me. Lots of great Porsches out there today but quite honestly I didn't pay a lot of attention. You get a bit desensitised after 50 or so. Yesterday the highlight for me was the 69 911 in white with 40 year patina. Just like a well worn and loved leather boot- perfect! Today the highlight was Graeme's 2.7RS recreation in Steves garage. For the regularity group I think Daves car takes the cake (prefer it without the front strikes and on mini kites tho mate). Well done!
A very enjoyable weekend, but with all of the sun I wasn't that upset to have an early trip home. I too became a bit desensitised to all of the great cars, but worse there were a whole heap of people we talk to on the Net that I barely met or saw e.g. Brian C has been helping me with parts, even sending some like the straps for the primary muffler without taking any money, and I barely saw him. I will attend one day next weekend to catch up with him and any others there.
Old 01-17-2016, 03:15 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Oops. iphone spell check. Yes minilites. Put pics up when you have her on the other wheels Dave and good luck with the speed hunters article!
Old 01-17-2016, 03:20 PM
Chris_chch
Advanced

Thanks for the pics and write ups! I'm not on Facebook so this is thread and instagram are my only real window into the event. Certainly looks amazing!

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?