Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 06:44 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Stet - answered by catching up on the posts.
Old 12-14-2015, 06:46 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PHG
I thought 'Quango' was a pneumatic hammer, same thing really!

Thats a 'Kango'.............
Old 12-14-2015, 06:51 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

JMc - surprised you didn't wag school today to play with your new toy??

I bet you are thinking about going home for lunch??
Old 12-14-2015, 06:56 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
JMc - surprised you didn't wag school today to play with your new toy??

I bet you are thinking about going home for lunch??
Using my time to write a list of things to do and to prioritise them so I get Herman off to CCS for a WOF and alignment before Christmas. The big question is how much trust can I put in the forecast to get a dry day for that?
Old 12-14-2015, 08:58 PM
CS Mende
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
;-p

I'll weAr some of my special ones for you in Sat John. The ones I keep for date night.
Is silk fireproof?
Old 12-14-2015, 09:35 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by PHG
I thought 'Quango' was a pneumatic hammer, same thing really!
"Quango is an acronym used especially in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. Quangos are arms-length bodies funded by government departments but not run by them. They are given power and paid for by government departments. They were invented because most government departments do two rather different jobs."

I had to go look that one up....

Yea we want to be Quango's - funded by government but not accountable so we can go spend money on motor racing ... especially since the price keeps going up. CPI is 1%pa but in racing it seems to be much more...

So long as you boys don't spend the (Euro) holiday budget you should be sweet. Haha. I'm same spent too much on racing this year especially rebuilding the rally car even though the spare shell I bought only cost $1500. So after a real tough hard working year to try to replenish the coffers for next years racing effort (SITT and 2 x Targa) I give the boss a 5k 'bonus' to spend on something and she says want me to help pay for your helmet for xmas? Couldn't take up that offer. When we go past a Jimmy Choo in HK recently I take this pic through the window, thinking of Macca and Bubba. She doesn't even want to go in. I think man I'm lucky ...
Attached Images  
Old 12-14-2015, 10:00 PM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gt38088
"Quango is an acronym"
Yes, in case anyone's still hanging out for it (and unless its changed in the last decade) it comes from QUasi-Authoritative Non-Governmental Organisation.

I expect Vanuatu would've been swarming with them post-cyclone.

So long as you boys don't spend the (Euro) holiday budget you should be sweet. Haha. I'm same spent too much on racing this year especially rebuilding the rally car even though the spare shell I bought only cost $1500. So after a real tough hard working year to try to replenish the coffers for next years racing effort (SITT and 2 x Targa) I give the boss a 5k 'bonus' to spend on something and she says want me to help pay for your helmet for xmas? Couldn't take up that offer. When we go past a Jimmy Choo in HK recently I take this pic through the window, thinking of Macca and Bubba. She doesn't even want to go in. I think man I'm lucky ...
Yes, you are lucky Graeme. It's hard to spend the money twice isn't it?
Old 12-14-2015, 11:19 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

"Quango is an acronym used especially in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. Quangos are arms-length bodies funded by government departments but not run by them. They are given power and paid for by government departments. They were invented because most government departments do two rather different jobs."

I had to go look that one up....

Yea we want to be Quango's - funded by government but not accountable so we can go spend money on motor racing ... especially since the price keeps going up. CPI is 1%pa but in racing it seems to be much more...

Nice boots Graeme - didn't know you shared this fettish for boots too??

Last edited by kiwi 911; 12-15-2015 at 01:21 AM.
Old 12-14-2015, 11:28 PM
Pel
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can someone give me the details of the "A" Designated Scrutineer or technical officer" within PCNZ. Pete or Paul im guessing you can help with this.
Old 12-14-2015, 11:41 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Nice boots Graeme - didn't konw you shared this fettish for boots too??
I think that bit hanging down at the back is the whip !!
Old 12-15-2015, 12:22 AM
996tnz
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 996tnz
Must admit 40 odd laps of Puke's bumps and kerbs (hey, they even had kerbs on top of kerbs at some places) had me feeling my neck just a little bit today. More exercise than many realise!
Can anyone spot the difference?:

Hampton:

Name:  Hampton 2K Cup Walt.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  471.6 KB

Pukekohe:

Name:  Pukekohe 2K Cup Walt.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  248.0 KB
Old 12-15-2015, 12:32 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

"Quango is an acronym used especially in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. Quangos are arms-length bodies funded by government departments but not run by them. They are given power and paid for by government departments. They were invented because most government departments do two rather different jobs." I had to go look that one up.... Yea we want to be Quango's - funded by government but not accountable so we can go spend money on motor racing ... especially since the price keeps going up. CPI is 1%pa but in racing it seems to be much more... So long as you boys don't spend the (Euro) holiday budget you should be sweet. Haha. I'm same spent too much on racing this year especially rebuilding the rally car even though the spare shell I bought only cost $1500. So after a real tough hard working year to try to replenish the coffers for next years racing effort (SITT and 2 x Targa) I give the boss a 5k 'bonus' to spend on something and she says want me to help pay for your helmet for xmas? Couldn't take up that offer. When we go past a Jimmy Choo in HK recently I take this pic through the window, thinking of Macca and Bubba. She doesn't even want to go in. I think man I'm lucky ...
Your a funny man Graeme :-). Bubba likes to cook for Jenni in high heels when the kids have gone to bed. How did you think he got those big calfs? Those are more his cuppa yes I reckon (and likely more than a Euro holiday too!).
Old 12-15-2015, 12:37 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice boots Graeme - didn't konw you shared this fettish for boots too??
Is there a fetish you don't have Paul?
Old 12-15-2015, 12:41 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pel
Can someone give me the details of the "A" Designated Scrutineer or technical officer" within PCNZ. Pete or Paul im guessing you can help with this.
Pel - Not sure for what purpose? Pretty sure Steve is a certified scrutineer though not sure if he is a 'designated PCNZ' one.

Terry Riding is the PCNZ person who arranges sitting of licenses etc but that's not a scrutineering role.
Old 12-15-2015, 12:45 AM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 996tnz
Can anyone spot the difference?:

Pukekohe:

Attachment 1001278
Yup that's what you want those remote canister shocks with high speed bump for

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?