Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 06:55 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
I need a red script and black back please.
I have one of those in stock. $35 for the SC. $135 for the GT3
Old 12-02-2015, 07:02 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Don't get your knickers in a twist Macca, they will have long hood displays, and 356 displays and others we haven't thought of yet? Maybe air-cooled and water cooled, and front engine?? A GT3/RS is a road going Porsche Race car - it is racing event. You will only be traveling at 100kph behind a pace car and can take a mate in the car, it's just a hoot for the spectators to look at 10-20 GT3's and other Porsches on different days. I trust you can now chill and go back to sleep in you hammick
Dude. You quoted John and named me as the protagonist?
Old 12-02-2015, 07:05 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Just making sure the Kava hasn't put you to sleep before midday
Old 12-02-2015, 07:35 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Paul - does it look like the dual sprints will be going ahead? If so then I need to adda transponder hire for the R as the 944's is wired in. Didn't allow for it on the web entry as the sprints were looking iffy.

Pete - you will need to modify your entry - I can't do this for you mate.

Sprints and Reg Trials are sitting at around 11 entries each (which is just truly pathetic - IMHO) given we have 30 RSG cars on 12 Dec 2015.

We are going to give a push for another week. Plan B is the merge the 2 events and run Reg Trails at 1.15 min time on the first weekend only??

A bit sad really?

I did better than this with with the PCNZ Sprints in 2014.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:38 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry mate - super busy trying to do a day job and organise an event in the background - you know I love you - hugs Baba :-)
Old 12-02-2015, 07:51 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Pete - you will need to modify your entry - I can't do this for you mate.

Sprints and Reg Trials are sitting at around 11 entries each (which is just truly pathetic - IMHO) given we have 30 RSG cars on 12 Dec 2015.

We are going to give a push for another week. Plan B is the merge the 2 events and run Reg Trails at 1.15 min time on the first weekend only??

A bit sad really?

I did better than this with with the PCNZ Sprints in 2014.
In fairness Buba this is quite an expensive event ($100 a session and ties people to 3 days on the ground including a work day) and probably only 15 of those turning up to RSG in Dec have M Class license and extinguisher etc.

Of the 11 you have I bet 75% of them are RSG.

PCNZ has almost 700 members. RSG has 60. I think we did ok so far? Its not like the two groups have a history of being lovey dovey or anything - frankly if you were not the conduit with a foot in each camp Id imagine things would be far worse

I wouldn't go biting the hand that feeds you mate. We done a pretty good job over here talking it up and driving your subs from 3-4 a few days ago to 11 now.

I agree its disappointing given all the work you have done on this. However I think you may have just come up with a very god idea. Blend the two, make it a 1.15 minimum Reg trial and you get the benefit of some fast paced action suitable for audience, insurance cover AND it will be alot more bloody fun (and I think would attract anther 10+ entrants).

There is a silver lining here somewhere just need to find it!

Chin up Buba. Surely there are some old timer PCNZ folk could dust off their race suit like Ray, Ian/Helen, Mac Storey?
Old 12-02-2015, 07:59 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

xmas present to myself arrived today - ST5 with comms and forced ventilation and hydration options
Attached Images   
Old 12-02-2015, 08:03 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Go plan B Bubba. 11-15 cars circulating slowly isnt going to make a spectacle. In the sprints those numbers wont even give you pairs to match properly. Be far more entertaining with 20-30 cars out there.

Herein lies the rub of appreciating Porsche prices. As values go up the numbers participating in these types activities will continue to come under pressure.

The thing is like minded people hang together and RSG is pretty much swallowing up most of the like minded non racer Porsche types. Some are also club members.

Really the pool is getting smaller these last 5 years. But perhaps more likely is people are floculating to the style of group that services their interests.

If you take all RSG members out of PCNZ speed events moving forward you probably dont have an event. If you take all PCNZ members out of RSG you can probably still fill up a Playdays group.

Times are a changing and its a symbiotic relationship. Buba is the only PCNZ person of "standing" that can bridge the gap. Others (Helen aside, but shes not yet an active RSG member really) in the committee will not cross the bridge. Therefore Buba you have a hard job. But you maybe are THE ONE (cue falling green LED 0/1 digits streaming the screen!). Without the bridge I suspect the clubs efforts in these track type events would be shortly extinct.

Can you show us how you do that thing where you run up the walls and dodge bullets please :-)

With Love from The Rock
Macca
Old 12-02-2015, 08:07 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Graeme. That's a lovely looking helmet. Just saw the price. Santa was generous this year! What happened to the custom painted Aria lid? Did you progress that idea?
Old 12-02-2015, 08:09 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

In fairness Buba this is quite an expensive event ($100 a session and ties people to 3 days on the ground including a work day) and probably only 15 of those turning up to RSG in Dec have M Class license and extinguisher etc.

Of the 11 you have I bet 75% of them are RSG.

PCNZ has almost 700 members. RSG has 60. I think we did ok so far? Its not like the two groups have a history of being lovey dovey or anything - frankly if you were not the conduit with a foot in each camp Id imagine things would be far worse

I wouldn't go biting the hand that feeds you mate. We done a pretty good job over here talking it up and driving your subs from 3-4 a few days ago to 11 now.

I agree its disappointing given all the work you have done on this. However I think you may have just come up with a very god idea. Blend the two, make it a 1.15 minimum Reg trial and you get the benefit of some fast paced action suitable for audience, insurance cover AND it will be alot more bloody fun (and I think would attract anther 10+ entrants).

There is a silver lining here somewhere just need to find it!

Chin up Buba. Surely there are some old timer PCNZ folk could dust off their race suit like Ray, Ian/Helen, Mac Storey?
22 cars on track might put off Prestigio as would 1.15 min. There is also a possibility that the question of safety (cages etc) come into play with those lap times. I don't think there is an easy solution.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:15 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
22 cars on track might put off Prestigio as would 1.15 min. There is also a possibility that the question of safety (cages etc) come into play with those lap times. I don't think there is an easy solution.
Ive seen the Prestigio correspondence. They were aware of the fact there would be 30-35 cars proposed on track at any one time. They did not seem particularly interested in knowing the timing bar for the event. They offered cover only to "existing policy holder who already receive cover at track day events".

I agree 1.15 may be a bit too aggressive for a busy field. However I think a 1.18 limit would be fine. Many will choose a bar at least 3-4s higher than their PB as its easier to regulate your speed with 4s up your sleeve given traffic rather than have to run within 1-2s from your PB. For example I would choose 1.20/21 on Z221 as it gives me 3-4s up my sleeve in 993...
Old 12-02-2015, 08:15 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Graeme. That's a lovely looking helmet. Just saw the price. Santa was generous this year! What happened to the custom painted Aria lid? Did you progress that idea?
struggled to get it painted offshore and couldn't find a local that I had confidence in until recently with the help of Doug. So finally pulled the trigger. Still intend a custom paint job with some carbon showing

I found this fit a bit better then Arai although funny thing is my old helmet is Arai. Not sure if they changed the shape or what. This in Carbon not much more than a composite GP6 and it had forced vent and hydration options albeit at extra cost that can buy later if needed. Dunno if it will happen but I still have that nagging feeling about doing some endurance and maybe a 24hr before I get too old (and slow?)
Old 12-02-2015, 08:26 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gt38088
struggled to get it painted offshore and couldn't find a local that I had confidence in until recently with the help of Doug. So finally pulled the trigger. Still intend a custom paint job with some carbon showing

I found this fit a bit better then Arai although funny thing is my old helmet is Arai. Not sure if they changed the shape or what. This in Carbon not much more than a composite GP6 and it had forced vent and hydration options albeit at extra cost that can buy later if needed. Dunno if it will happen but I still have that nagging feeling about doing some endurance and maybe a 24hr before I get too old (and slow?)
It looks lovely Graeme and the spec if fantastic. I understand what you are saying about the work. Would be keen to follow your progress on a local talent.

I still have a cheapie (HJC) and tho Id love to replace it I think in reality my suit is up next. Its already a bit scruffy & with 10+ events next year many in summer I think 2017 it will need t be replaced. I wont make the mistake of an off the shelf one again, the Italians dont have the same shape bodies as me.

However after that, and if funds allow something a bit lighter (probably just composite) would be nice with a few few small custom painted things on it (RSG logo, Porsche shield, name, blood group etc).
Old 12-02-2015, 08:45 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

It looks lovely Graeme and the spec if fantastic. I understand what you are saying about the work. Would be keen to follow your progress on a local talent.

I still have a cheapie (HJC) and tho Id love to replace it I think in reality my suit is up next. Its already a bit scruffy & with 10+ events next year many in summer I think 2017 it will need t be replaced. I wont make the mistake of an off the shelf one again, the Italians dont have the same shape bodies as me.

However after that, and if funds allow something a bit lighter (probably just composite) would be nice with a few few small custom painted things on it (RSG logo, Porsche shield, name, blood group etc).
fingers crossed that the painting works out this time
Old 12-02-2015, 08:47 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
I am building a defects list rather than prolong the refurb and air con is up there. What is the parts/labour split on replacing an evaporator?

Edit: Google suggests 12 hours and an updated evaporator starts at ~ $1,300. Goodbye to a $2,500 +. Money spent on your gearbox is better and I have a 3/4 guide sleeve waiting for you
I'll pm you as special deal.

I need a red script and black back please.
If another order isn't possible I have a spare of this kind which could be replaced with a future order

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?