Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 03:16 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
I will reply later on lessons learned with the G50 box. Basic thought is DON'T run a graunching box. Get it sorted
Im pretty sure that advice I was already giving for over a year since having my own done! We are just slow learners around here thats all ha ha

Last edited by Macca; 12-02-2015 at 03:32 AM.
Old 12-02-2015, 03:28 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Macca, love your assumption my mate picked up that 964 for $36k, ha ha. If only. That was the original advertised price. He withdrew it probably because someone tipped him off it was too cheap. He had a genuine excuse to delist as he had something come up and was getting swamped with email enquirers. My mate managed to get an email reply, checked it out with me then made an unconditional early $40s offer. It was accepted on the basis we were genuine porscheophiles (rocked up in Lola) and saved a ton of hassle with trademe enquiries and tyre kickers. He was expecting mid $40s. Engine rebuilt a few years ago by Peter Booth and only 101,00km of the clock.

I've decided to come back from holiday early and have entered in the Porsche festival regularity trial and Le Mans dinner on the Saturday night. Think I'll make two weekends of it.
Old 12-02-2015, 03:38 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by O2GO
Macca, love your assumption my mate picked up that 964 for $36k, ha ha. If only. That was the original advertised price. He withdrew it probably because someone tipped him off it was too cheap. He had a genuine excuse to delist as he had something come up and was getting swamped with email enquirers. My mate managed to get an email reply, checked it out with me then made an unconditional early $40s offer. It was accepted on the basis we were genuine porscheophiles (rocked up in Lola) and saved a ton of hassle with trademe enquiries and tyre kickers. He was expecting mid $40s. Engine rebuilt a few years ago by Peter Booth and only 101,00km of the clock.

I've decided to come back from holiday early and have entered in the Porsche festival regularity trial and Le Mans dinner on the Saturday night. Think I'll make two weekends of it.
Thanks for the clarification. My assumption was sound. It was listed $36,500 ono before being withdrawn. It seemed good buying at that price. Looked in nice condition. Sounds like the "Price Police" stepped in...honestly? Glad he is happy with it, even with the price adjustment.

Great to hear you will join us at FOS....
Old 12-02-2015, 04:04 AM
O2GO
Drifting

I got motivated after a PCNZ bloke called me up (chased me up) after I'd indicated months ago I'd be up for the regularity trial. JM's comments that it's not about value for money but a once in a gazillion years event and it looked to me like the first weekend may be the best (and given my own lessons learned rules about not entering sprints uninsured) I did an about turn. We get qualifying on Friday and two races on Saturday and two on Sunday so not too bad. We all need to throw a couple of sacks of spuds in the pax seats and run on roadies to make it a bit more of a challenge. To me the regularity goes out the window when I have someone in my sights or are threatened by an overtaker. But it's not a race aye.

Dave, have you entered the orange T?

Looking forward to hearing JM on the track when he hits 4,000 revs and the straight though pipe opens up :-P
Old 12-02-2015, 04:16 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Great stuff Doug, I've entered the trials too. I figure if they need the entrants enough they'll put up with a skanky old 944

Dave - you're just teasing us right? The T absolutely has to be there!

John - epic work on Herman.
Old 12-02-2015, 04:25 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

I got motivated after a PCNZ bloke called me up (chased me up) after I'd indicated months ago I'd be up for the regularity trial. JM's comments that it's not about value for money but a once in a gazillion years event and it looked to me like the first weekend may be the best (and given my own lessons learned rules about not entering sprints uninsured) I did an about turn. We get qualifying on Friday and two races on Saturday and two on Sunday so not too bad. We all need to throw a couple of sacks of spuds in the pax seats and run on roadies to make it a bit more of a challenge. To me the regularity goes out the window when I have someone in my sights or are threatened by an overtaker. But it's not a race aye. Dave, have you entered the orange T? Looking forward to hearing JM on the track when he hits 4,000 revs and the straight though pipe opens up :-P
Be good to have Dave out there too. I haven't driven the 993 on the track for almost 18 months by then so very much looking forward to that. Sounds like we will all be dragging our asses up the hill together. I haven't formulated a theory for avoiding a black flag yet. I'm still thinking the tiara and Queens Wave is my best option...
Old 12-02-2015, 04:26 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Sounds likes we should call it RSG regularity trials then?
Old 12-02-2015, 05:19 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

I'd enter, but given my inexperience I doubt if I had any hope in maintaining even a semblance of regularity!!

Hope everyone has an RSG banner on their car for the event.
Old 12-02-2015, 06:33 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Gratuitous engine and transmission pics. Engine tin and carrier on. A few more small jobs and it's ready to go back in the car.
Attached Images      

Last edited by John McM; 12-02-2015 at 06:53 AM.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:37 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Obsessed
Great stuff Doug, I've entered the trials too. I figure if they need the entrants enough they'll put up with a skanky old 944

Dave - you're just teasing us right? The T absolutely has to be there!

John - epic work on Herman.
A chap from PCNZ rang yesterday so I gave it some thought and researched it a bit more. Found out that regularity and sprints are on different weekends. I made up my mind with a firm no yesterday but I think today I will enter. The regularity's are the first weekend, right?
I think I have it all, C1 licence, fire ext. PCNZ membership. Anything else?

Paul, will PCNZ send out renewall notices for membership soon?
Old 12-02-2015, 02:00 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxem
A chap from PCNZ rang yesterday so I gave it some thought and researched it a bit more. Found out that regularity and sprints are on different weekends. I made up my mind with a firm no yesterday but I think today I will enter. The regularity's are the first weekend, right? I think I have it all, C1 licence, fire ext. PCNZ membership. Anything else? Paul, will PCNZ send out renewall notices for membership soon?
Yes, first weekend.
Old 12-02-2015, 02:24 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Maxem
Paul, will PCNZ send out renewall notices for membership soon?
Just go onto the PCNZ website and click on the club information drop down box. Takes you to a paystation page - have ccard handy. Easy. All memberships are due 31/12 I think.
Old 12-02-2015, 03:35 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Yes, first weekend.
will be there first weekend too
Old 12-02-2015, 03:43 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

I'm on the lookout for a set of track wheels. Anyone with a set for a NB 964 fitment they want to part with let me know. Prefer 17's

I did have a bite from another RSG member but that trail looks to have gone cold sadly as they would have been a nice set of lightweight Enkei's
Old 12-02-2015, 04:11 PM
PHG
Racer

Ahh Doug, the sacrifices we make..
I am up North after Xmas, but now you will be not at Oakura..I shall have to drink alone...
While the trials etc interest me, not only am I boating, but I just can't be beggared with licenses ,fire exts, taping my cotton OA's up, etc in order to go round in a convoy..I can do that on the motorway each morning..
Having said that.. have a super time.. maybe see you at Milford, I am trying to get over for a gander

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?