Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Yes, first weekend.
Do we need a transponder?
Old 12-02-2015, 04:57 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Yes. When you go and pay the $370 entry in the MSNZ site there is an additional $40 for one weekend hire....
Old 12-02-2015, 05:02 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Originally Posted by Macca
Yes. When you go and pay the $370 entry in the MSNZ site there is an additional $40 for one weekend hire....
Cool as, thanks Macca.
Is that a crappy website or what?
Old 12-02-2015, 05:02 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Dave, I posted on the RSG 2k cup site yesterday that Doug and I proposed using the 2k cup transponders and pay the same cost to the group coffers to offset other costs paid on behalf of the Group. I think Walter is going to do the same with the second weekend. Another option is to come to an agreement with one of the racers with a removable transponder to pay them. It doesn't save you money but it does save a hassle getting the transponders on the day.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:09 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Dave, I posted on the RSG 2k cup site yesterday that Doug and I proposed using the 2k cup transponders and pay the same cost to the group coffers to offset other costs paid on behalf of the Group. I think Walter is going to do the same with the second weekend. Another option is to come to an agreement with one of the racers with a removable transponder to pay them. It doesn't save you money but it does save a hassle getting the transponders on the day.
Al good, just ticked the box. $70 - not $40 for some reason but I'm all entered up now. Just realised that it is the same week as our RSG afternoon bash.
Should be good. The T will be largely finished and will get all misty eyed when it see's its cuzzy Moby Dick over from Stutty.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:15 PM
Maxem
Drifting

So, I know I should read through screeds of stuff but that isn't my strong point.

Car
Helmet and suit
Fire extinguisher
Rego and wof
C1 national licence
PCNZ membership
Pass a safety check

Anything else?
Old 12-02-2015, 05:29 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Maxem
So, I know I should read through screeds of stuff but that isn't my strong point.

Car
Helmet and suit
Fire extinguisher
Rego and wof
C1 national licence
PCNZ membership
Pass a safety check

Anything else?
Looks good to me. It's hasn't been mentioned so possibly isn't an issue but I gather helmets wont be checked like they do for 2k cup?
Old 12-02-2015, 05:30 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

That's it. Apparently Friday is scrutineering and practice but yet to receive information on that. Sorry about transponder cost must have got my numbers mixed up. Think it was $410 all in for s weekend. Not cheap but as John says once in 10 year thing. Looks like our familiar RSG guys all in the same event :-)
Old 12-02-2015, 05:40 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Porsche Club NZ ( PCNZ ) have asked me to organise the following.

We want as many GT3 and GT3RS cars as possible to appear in a Parade Lap/s at Hampton Downs on Saturday Jan 16th 2016. This weekend is part of the Two weekend Porsche Festival being held at Hampton Downs.
If you own a GT3 or can borrow one :-) we need you and a firm commitment to appear on Jan 16th. This is a one off opportunity.
If you know anybody with a GT3 can you please pass this email on to them or pass their details to me.
Could you please contact me by email
gardendesign@xtra.co.nz
or txt or phone me on +64 27 242 7336 AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Looking forward to gathering up 20 or more GT3s

Thanks

Bill Abercromby

^^^^ Membership has it's privileges :-)
(I didn't know anything about this event??)
The more I think about this the more it sticks in my craw. Why GT3s, some of which may not have ever seen a track or been driven in anger? Are air-cooled RS models not worthy of the time that this will take out of our schedule?

Personally, I'd rather salute the Porsches that have raced in the series at some point in their lives, even if they are now garage queens. That was the way this Marque flourished.

No offence meant to GT3 owners, I just can't understand the rationale.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:47 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Re Banners - just checking with Redline. I have 4 white on Red (Macca and Me) and 1 Blue on Black (Jason) on order. I'm assuming those of you wanting one for the Festival are sorted.

I will be using my name decal from Track Decals. Most of the 2k cup guys have the same decal. Up to them if they want to use them.
Old 12-02-2015, 06:06 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be using my name decal from Track Decals. Most of the 2k cup guys have the same decal. Up to them if they want to use them.
Originally Posted by Maxem

Car
Helmet and suit
Fire extinguisher
Rego and wof
C1 national licence
PCNZ membership
Pass a safety check

Anything else?
Good idea on the name decal.

Dave
+ transponder (but you have that covered now)

Just had Lola's aircon checked out as it stopped working after the rebuild. Leaking from the evaporator. Typical to find out after we had her in pieces with gas tank out. The evaporated looked ok. I will get it replaced at some stage as it makes a huge difference for comfort touring in summer/Autumn with the windows up and being nice and cool. Also good in the rain as it drys the air. Craig Sullivan who did the work has done a ton of them so knows all the techniques involved in doing the job.
Old 12-02-2015, 06:18 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by O2GO
Just had Lola's aircon checked out as it stopped working after the rebuild. Leaking from the evaporator. Typical to find out after we had her in pieces with gas tank out. The evaporated looked ok. I will get it replaced at some stage as it makes a huge difference for comfort touring in summer/Autumn with the windows up and being nice and cool. Also good in the rain as it drys the air. Craig Sullivan who did the work has done a ton of them so knows all the techniques involved in doing the job.
I am building a defects list rather than prolong the refurb and air con is up there. What is the parts/labour split on replacing an evaporator?

Edit: Google suggests 12 hours and an updated evaporator starts at ~ $1,300. Goodbye to a $2,500 +. Money spent on your gearbox is better and I have a 3/4 guide sleeve waiting for you
Old 12-02-2015, 06:45 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The more I think about this the more it sticks in my craw. Why GT3s, some of which may not have ever seen a track or been driven in anger? Are air-cooled RS models not worthy of the time that this will take out of our schedule?

Personally, I'd rather salute the Porsches that have raced in the series at some point in their lives, even if they are now garage queens. That was the way this Marque flourished.

No offence meant to GT3 owners, I just can't understand the rationale.
Don't get your knickers in a twist Macca, they will have long hood displays, and 356 displays and others we haven't thought of yet?

Maybe air-cooled and water cooled, and front engine??

A GT3/RS is a road going Porsche Race car - it is racing event.

You will only be traveling at 100kph behind a pace car and can take a mate in the car, it's just a hoot for the spectators to look at 10-20 GT3's and other Porsches on different days.

I trust you can now chill and go back to sleep in you hammick
Old 12-02-2015, 06:46 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Re Banners - just checking with Redline. I have 4 white on Red (Macca and Me) and 1 Blue on Black (Jason) on order. I'm assuming those of you wanting one for the Festival are sorted.

I need a red script and black back please.
Old 12-02-2015, 06:51 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paul - does it look like the dual sprints will be going ahead? If so then I need to adda transponder hire for the R as the 944's is wired in. Didn't allow for it on the web entry as the sprints were looking iffy.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?