Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 01:32 AM
993 Targa
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NZ964C4
Here you go. You might even start a new one design class race within RSG...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=971938465
What an awesome little car, I have always loved them. Wonder if he will re-list.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:43 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 993 Targa
What an awesome little car, I have always loved them. Wonder if he will re-list.
Lovely example NZ new, with a bit of TLC and a respray could be one if the best ones globally. If Pete keeps shedding the weight as he has done we could call him Mr Bean and he would be trending in Instagram as he does the daily commute....kids would abandon desire to learn to drive however so that could be a ball breaker!!!

John. CCS are likely too busy to miss the extra business. A shame as anyone who made the investment to fund a proper factory Classica style workshop with accessory shop and classic sales could do very well. If you could make it work in the next few years you would be laughing once the market normalises. As dean and others have said there isn't much work if they all end up doing no mileage in collections so folk that buy them, use them, bring them back to scratch and personalise them are the clients you need and want. Sounds like a Kohie cottage industry in the making. Probably needs that she'd in glendowie tho lol
Old 11-04-2015, 02:00 AM
993 Targa
Racer

Originally Posted by integralenz
Thanks guys. Unfortunately had to replace the 238/85-16s with 245/75-16s and alter the (garage) door brackets to fit it into the garage. They are tall!. I've driven Land Rovers continuously since my first Series 1 in 1968 and had to have one of the last Defenders. As I remarked to Macca, Land Rover shame Porsche at charging more for less. The Heritage Edition is around $17k more than a better equipped "standard" Defender 90. Cloth seats and steel rims in place of part-leather and alloys and a few tacky details like faux galvanised painted hinges and bumpers, but it's the last of the legend, I love them, so gotta have one. Not sure how many Heritages came to NZ but very, very few. The amount of gear available online for Defenders is truly mind-boggling.
Ah yes, I am yet to find out how the height will work. The dealer sent me some pictures a couple of days ago and I immediately wondered if it will fit, we shall soon see.

I have forgotten exactly since it was a long time since we were rejected but I believe we were told either 2 or 3 in NZ. We were third on the list I believe but with no connections of any kind I'm sure we got bumped down a little along the way, I think one of the upper level LR management got one.

Agreed on the charging part, the price was a bit ludicrous but that's the way it goes, we're paying for a lot of un-accountable specialness The Autobiographies were big time money.

I got keen a little while ago in anticipation of arrival and looked at the many options online, its easy to go wild that's for sure. I think we will leave it stock for a fair while but a chip will happen sooner or later. I couldn't find a reputable place to do it NZ but I figured there will be somewhere known to owners.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:04 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

I'm not sure what model would work. No one seems to be going broke as is so maybe the incumbents see no need to change or realise that the demand we see is not core profitable.

For example, Cayennes form 1/3rd of Porsches for sale on Trademe and the owners likely drop them off for service and accept whatever happens with servicing. That is likely far easier money than a precious older 911 owner that is in denial at the general condition of their car with corroded bolts etc making life even more difficult with servicing.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:06 AM
993 Targa
Racer

So I figured I'd just upload the dealers photos, we went for a Defender Adventure as we were unable to get the Heritage. A little bit different from the subtle classic green of the Heritage! We won't be blending into the background with this one I think. Fingers crossed it fits inside.

Ok think I have sussed embedding
Attached Images   

Last edited by 993 Targa; 11-04-2015 at 02:35 AM.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:11 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NZ964C4
Here you go. You might even start a new one design class race within RSG...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=971938465
Haha - 0-100 in... Let me see... A week?
Old 11-04-2015, 02:13 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Maxem
You drive the R down, I drive down in the BMW loaded with wheels, I drive the T back, you drive the BMW back?
I could do that. But Sunday is the only day I can. If that works let me know.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:33 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

So I figured I'd just upload the dealers photos, we went for a Defender Adventure as we were unable to get the Heritage. A little bit different from the subtle classic green of the Heritage! We won't be blending into the background with this one I think. Fingers crossed it fits inside.

https://goo.gl/photos/Gp8n3HvL6s76CtS47

https://goo.gl/photos/epJBvSn7zWsKVXuUA

My image embedding does not seem to work. Might be the nature of the link to Google photos
Absolutely love the Orange/black combo. Have it on our ranger. Height will be interesting with the rack! Its a damn shame we can only drive LHD here. Here is our solution (no garage, no one seems to use them here!). The Ranger is a limo compared to the Patrol!
Attached Images  
Old 11-04-2015, 02:33 AM
993 Targa
Racer

We spent a while trying to decide to go for the signature adventure colour combo or something more subtle like a nice grey. In the end thought what the hell, it's never going to be subtle so might as well embrace it. Plus it's the colour they are meant to come in. Here's a press photo of the three limited editions.
Attached Images  
Old 11-04-2015, 02:37 AM
integralenz
Intermediate

https://goo.gl/photos/Gp8n3HvL6s76CtS47

https://goo.gl/photos/epJBvSn7zWsKVXuUA

My image embedding does not seem to work. Might be the nature of the link to Google photos
Very nice, I saw your Adventure at Archibald & Shorter. 110s are significantly higher than 90s. You can get 2" lower springs for them if there's an issue with garage/ car park access. Alive tuning are developing "softer" variants www.alivetuning.com - preferable to the more generally available and harsher riding "sports lowering" springs. Stag 4x4 are excellent and have chipped my last three 'Rovers and done other development work. I'd best not go on too much about LRs on a Porsche site. Though Hondas prevailed here for a while!
Old 11-04-2015, 02:40 AM
993 Targa
Racer

Originally Posted by integralenz
Very nice, I saw your Adventure at Archibald & Shorter. 110s are significantly higher than 90s. You can get 2" lower springs for them if there's an issue with garage/ car park access. Alive tuning are developing "softer" variants www.alivetuning.com - preferable to the more generally available and harsher riding "sports lowering" springs. Stag 4x4 are excellent and have chipped my last three 'Rovers and done other development work. I'd best not go on too much about LRs on a Porsche site. Though Hondas prevailed here for a while!
We may need to lower it then if absolutely necessary, will try taking the rack off as first resort though. Lowering a Defender seems a shame!

Good to hear some first hand recommendations, didn't expect to get LR info here!

I think this thread manages to be off topic a fair bit so should be ok. Defenders are pretty much the polar opposites of Porsches but in a good way.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:46 AM
integralenz
Intermediate

Just in case you aren't already familiar with this site www.defender2.net . Hours of harmless, if potentially expensive, fun.
Old 11-04-2015, 03:24 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

We spent a while trying to decide to go for the signature adventure colour combo or something more subtle like a nice grey. In the end thought what the hell, it's never going to be subtle so might as well embrace it. Plus it's the colour they are meant to come in. Here's a press photo of the three limited editions.
You did the right thing IMO. My 993 & GT3 are the signature colours interior & exterior (press kit chosen colour by factory at launch). Same with our Ranger Wildtrak in Chilli Orange with Mica black accents. Very happy with all three and I've always found resale on "signature/launch" colours generally treats you well too (exception was Arena red for 993TT).

No harm discussing Defenders here. There are more boring topics IMO LOL! The have heritage equal to or possibly better than the 911 after all...Im glad I dont live in NZ. I would be flipping DDs monthly!

Defenders appear very good value new and used in NZ compared to many other markets. Must be one of the few European new vehicles I can say that about!

'
Old 11-04-2015, 04:07 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

For the Facebook Neanderthals

Damn this looks hot!

PORSCHE 911
3600 cc
3 600 000¥
Attached Images   
Old 11-04-2015, 04:26 AM
RS ZWEI
Pro

1971 911T Targa for auction at Turners:

http://www.turners.co.nz/Cars/Search.../911T/14470078

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?