Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 03:11 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

P.S. Your 993 is too cheap as a car the same as yours would sell for 59K USD/90K NZD in USA! ;-P
Old 11-03-2015, 03:24 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NZ964C4
All fair points Jamie. I just hate the after the fact argument and Prestigio won't accept completely that if it's warranted, it's legal. They say if it it turns out after the fact the fine print and interpretation of the assessor says it isn't, there might be a problem. I think I'll just get a LVVC and sleep easy. Trouble is you'd have to get it re-certified every time you do a little mod. Have discussed this at length with Macca. Like $ it is getting boring, but all part of the rich tapestry that is P-cars.
Anyway, like the seats. Good luck with the sale.
I totally get that and like investments we each make decisions based on our own risk assessment and own situations. I'm with State Ins and due to my location unlikely to insure with Prestigio and jump through all their hoops for a couple of trackdays a year. If you're based in Auckland it makes sense.

I have no problem with the LVVC and understand from a political/legislative perspective the intention and introduction of LVVC. What I don't like about it is the dirty great big plate they rivet to your car and the fact that every change would need a re-assessment, more $$$, new plate printed and re-riveted to your car. Such a clunky system and there are much better ways to do this and achieve the same or better outcome. Even more so now with the Police having full access via iPads on car and driver history! But again if you look at who they were targeting with it and the intention you understand why.
Old 11-03-2015, 03:30 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Macca
P.S. Your 993 is too cheap as a car the same as yours would sell for 59K USD/90K NZD in USA! ;-P
I think I'll up my price to Canadian or Ozzie prices lol Whats its worth... what someones prepared to pay. Reality is I don't really want to sell or care if it does so its irrelevant to me. There's plenty other manual C2 993's for sale in NZ... oh wait... nope It's a lovely car to be stuck with
Old 11-03-2015, 04:29 AM
mjharrisonnz
Instructor

Yip. I know the car Oli Newbegins 1973 RS. Hes selling up his collection now. I think hes in his 80s. This however is again asking international Christies prices on the ground in NZ so unlikely to happen. The way to sell a car like this is to ship it to Europe/UK or USA and pay RM or a proper auction house to market it properly.

Christchurch has always been an interesting market. Keen to learn whats been happening down there recently.
He may have been asking international prices, but this 73 RS 2.7 sold very very quickly. I phoned the dealer today as I was keen to purchase this and its gone and already been delivered to the new owner. They achieved very close to the asking price of 1.2m I am told......

The new owner is well known in the CHCH region.
Old 11-03-2015, 04:40 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mjharrisonnz
He may have been asking international prices, but this 73 RS 2.7 sold very very quickly. I phoned the dealer today as I was keen to purchase this and its gone and already been delivered to the new owner. They achieved very close to the asking price of 1.2m I am told...... The new owner is well known in the CHCH region.
Good work Ollie. Great to hear it remains local. Maybe I heard wrong and the deal hadn't fallen over. I wasn't paying much attention. I guess at 7-800k USD it's fair money when considering offshore auction prices. Looks like a late build. Glad to be proven wrong here.
Old 11-03-2015, 04:41 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mjharrisonnz
He may have been asking international prices, but this 73 RS 2.7 sold very very quickly. I phoned the dealer today as I was keen to purchase this and its gone and already been delivered to the new owner. They achieved very close to the asking price of 1.2m I am told...... The new owner is well known in the CHCH region.
Makes you wonder what may have been achieved auctioning this with one of the prestige houses in Europe/UK/USA doesn't it?
Old 11-03-2015, 04:47 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Love this comment in the latest issue Evo. Last sentence would have resonance with many on here...
Attached Images  
Old 11-03-2015, 05:24 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Dust 00
Let us know how you get on with your specs, I have my eye on a set of Works as well but in bronze on bronze. I've just put Bilstiens and H&R springs in, what spring/shock set up are you running?
I've finalized my specs to

8x18 et56 24mm lip with a 5mm spacer
10x18 et47 62mm lip

I was set on Platiinum Gold but David from Works NZ just posted these pics on FB. They are VSXX but i'm quite taken with them. Matte Bronze center with gloss Bronze lip. Black hardware. The VSXX don't do a 5x130 fitment but i'm having a coffee with him on the weekend and will ask if they do this combo on the Brombachers which are almost identical

Any thoughts anyone on Bronze on a Black 964??

Old 11-03-2015, 05:58 AM
Dust 00
Track Day

Originally Posted by pcarplayer

10x18 et47 62mm lip

I was set on Platiinum Gold but David from Works NZ just posted these pics on FB. They are VSXX but i'm quite taken with them. Matte Bronze center with gloss Bronze lip. Black hardware. The VSXX don't do a 5x130 fitment but i'm having a coffee with him on the weekend and will ask if they do this combo on the Brombachers which are almost identical

I'll PM you about my chats with him and see what we can all work out eh.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:05 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Im not sure I can be of any help Warwick. A few months ago Nick & the boys at Platinum measured and fitted me out for a set of Work S1s Id seen on ther stand at Festival of Speed. I would have ordered them with the normal steel bolts rather than gold. We held one up against the car after taking all the measurements. May give you an idea on a darker car. The specs we calculated are below:

Front 18x8 +43 = 58mm
Rear 18x10 +56 = 71mm
Attached Images    
Old 11-03-2015, 06:40 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Dust 00
I'll PM you about my chats with him and see what we can all work out eh.
Replied

Im not sure I can be of any help Warwick. A few months ago Nick & the boys at Platinum measured and fitted me out for a set of Work S1s Id seen on ther stand at Festival of Speed. I would have ordered them with the normal steel bolts rather than gold. We held one up against the car after taking all the measurements. May give you an idea on a darker car. The specs we calculated are below:

Front 18x8 +43 = 58mm
Rear 18x10 +56 = 71mm
They looked good Macca. I believe Sean had the Meisters on his 64 as well
Old 11-03-2015, 02:43 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pcarplayer

10x18 et47 62mm lip

They are gorgeous wheels - would look great on black. A bit more stealth on the 964 than gold I think.
Old 11-03-2015, 02:52 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Looking good Warwick. Hundy club here you come!

Meanwhile I have a new found respect for composite builders. This is a messy and exacting process. Thank goodness I'm working on under body parts so the Virgos out there can't get too close. Not sure if I will sand and lacquer as the first low driveway will do the work in.
Attached Images  
Old 11-03-2015, 03:50 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by peterC2S
They are gorgeous wheels - would look great on black. A bit more stealth on the 964 than gold I think.
both styles will look killer, great quality wheels, Macca'a style more practical for motorsport and cleaning, but multi spoke more classic style.

Looking at the pic Macca put up I also wonder about black and bronze combo. Though on its own I really like the polished lip on the original pic
Old 11-03-2015, 04:08 PM
Chris_chch
Advanced

Dam that looks good!

Front 18x8 +43 = 58mm
Rear 18x10 +56 = 71mm

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?