Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 07:26 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts
Default Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Originally Posted by John McM
Macca, I rarely use a desktop or laptop. On the iPad and iPhone there is no image issue.
I don't know about you, but I've had continuous problems with attached images using the new app - they show fine in the thread, but when you try to view an individual image I seem to have a 1/3 chance of it being another random attachment I've viewed recently and not the one I opened. REALLY pisses me off. And I've stopped my subscription payment, only way to send a clear message (my bug reports seem to be ignored!). I don't know why they couldn't have just branded a version of the Tapatalk app as other forums have done. Why reinvent the wheel, and end up with a misaligned positive cambered deflated piece of sh#t!

#rantover
Old 08-01-2015, 07:39 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by nzskater
I don't know about you, but I've had continuous problems with attached images using the new app - they show fine in the thread, but when you try to view an individual image I seem to have a 1/3 chance of it being another random attachment I've viewed recently and not the one I opened. REALLY pisses me off. And I've stopped my subscription payment, only way to send a clear message (my bug reports seem to be ignored!). I don't know why they couldn't have just branded a version of the Tapatalk app as other forums have done. Why reinvent the wheel, and end up with a misaligned positive cambered deflated piece of sh#t! #rantover
If FB membership didn't give some of the regular posters so much angst I'd rather be on that platform. Images and videos are far easier to post there and it just works.
Old 08-01-2015, 07:57 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^ I hear that. I haven't renewed my subscription. Bugger it.
Old 08-01-2015, 04:10 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

93TRBO becomes English
Attached Images   

Last edited by John McM; 08-01-2015 at 07:37 PM.
Old 08-01-2015, 04:36 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

thx John
Old 08-01-2015, 08:10 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks stunning John, and you should be proud. But time to let it go now dude.............
Old 08-01-2015, 08:25 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Yes, I was thinking time to let go, then a brown/grey 964 Turbo rockets up our street

I have started therapy though with a start to the engine drop. Warwick, this will take a few days so don't feel left out. I'll tell you when I think I'm a day away from final removal.

Today I removed the spoiler, primary and secondary mufflers, then the rear bumper (yes, Dave I will attend to that dent that offends you). Next is getting Herman up on the jack stands.

BTW while I had the mufflers off I took a video of the sound. Herman will scare anything in his way when the cut out operates https://www.facebook.com/john.mcmill...7432892044984/
Attached Images   
Old 08-01-2015, 08:28 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ Subscribed
Old 08-01-2015, 08:46 PM
964X33
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's some therapy for you John...
Attached Images  
Old 08-01-2015, 09:07 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

YouTube link for FB phobics
Old 08-01-2015, 09:52 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Looking good John. Must be tempting to sort out some of those brackets, nuts and bolts and bright-wear while you are in there I suspect. Mind you you have plenty of time and by doing the drop yourself are saving some coin and learning some skills. How much time do you anticipate before she is on the road again? Gearbox jobs tend to take a while from what I have experienced and observed as you need to open them up before you know what you are in for, and then to order and have delivered and fitted the parts. Gives you plenty of time to do the legwork on getting the other items sorted out such as the bumper and also give the engine and nice cosmetic overhaul while you have it sitting in your garage on a stand. I used the opportunity to remove the black tin wear and have it stripped and re painted. Also the fan and housing. Its a good opportunity to go through the leads and electrical connectors to as well as any of the vacuum lines, belts etc. New engine sound pad is a good idea while you have an empty engine bay as well as a good clean and groom. If you are going to fit the reinforced engine carrier gusset now is the time to order it, have it welded onto the original carrier, repainted and fit it again with the engine...
Old 08-01-2015, 10:10 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Yes, I was thinking time to let go, then a brown/grey 964 Turbo rockets up our street

I have started therapy though with a start to the engine drop. Warwick, this will take a few days so don't feel left out. I'll tell you when I think I'm a day away from final removal.

Today I removed the spoiler, primary and secondary mufflers, then the rear bumper (yes, Dave I will attend to that dent that offends you). Next is getting Herman up on the jack stands.

BTW while I had the mufflers off I took a video of the sound. Herman will scare anything in his way when the cut out operates https://www.facebook.com/john.mcmill...7432892044984/
Yes John, it bugs me. You know when there is a child with a rats tail you just so want to go and chop it off when the mum isn't looking? well that same feeling comes over me whenever I see Herman and his crooked bumper strut, I just want to give it a quick boot into line when you have your back turned.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:52 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

wet / dry run today with Chris and Doug. Nice roads east of Huntly that should be done again on a summers morning in the rorty T.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Maxem; 08-01-2015 at 11:17 PM.
Old 08-01-2015, 11:12 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Herman up on stands. 30 minutes. I could do it in 5 next time, but isn't that always the way with these things. Had a chat with Jon P. NZ new cars of that vintage apparently didn't come with a CAT so he suggests I gut mine. Good for 10hp apparently. I wonder if Lola has one?
Attached Images     
Old 08-01-2015, 11:38 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Looking good John. Must be tempting to sort out some of those brackets, nuts and bolts and bright-wear while you are in there I suspect. Mind you you have plenty of time and by doing the drop yourself are saving some coin and learning some skills. How much time do you anticipate before she is on the road again? Gearbox jobs tend to take a while from what I have experienced and observed as you need to open them up before you know what you are in for, and then to order and have delivered and fitted the parts. Gives you plenty of time to do the legwork on getting the other items sorted out such as the bumper and also give the engine and nice cosmetic overhaul while you have it sitting in your garage on a stand. I used the opportunity to remove the black tin wear and have it stripped and re painted. Also the fan and housing. Its a good opportunity to go through the leads and electrical connectors to as well as any of the vacuum lines, belts etc. New engine sound pad is a good idea while you have an empty engine bay as well as a good clean and groom. If you are going to fit the reinforced engine carrier gusset now is the time to order it, have it welded onto the original carrier, repainted and fit it again with the engine...
The list was relatively short: Gearbox syncros, control arm bushes, driver door pocket, rear bumper dent and exhaust cut-out but I knew it would grow. Gusset and engine pad are good ideas, but equally I'm tempted to get the remaining body issues sorted i.e. Bonnet bumps and driver door check. The car is otherwise dent free and is certainty rust free. I don't want to do a respray however as then it might become a bonnet polisher car. I'll do a 20,000km service, including a valve adjust. I think I'll save $3,000 plus in labour. That will pay for the jacks. As for time, maybe 3 months in total. No hurry. I have the room to store it and the R to drive. We know how things go. I'd say the box is a month at least.

Last edited by John McM; 08-01-2015 at 11:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?