Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 10:14 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Moochier
Not yet... What does the remote do that the App doesn't? Hardware kit... for?
I wouldn't bother with a remote. Hardwire is because they go through batteries quickly. I put a 32gb card in to take a full days likely filming plus I carry an extra battery. I use the iPhone app to control the camera. It's a clunky system but gives great video when you get it right. This video looks great in full HD on Pete's 120'" screen. http://youtu.be/ep3cZOZTjxM
Old 04-24-2015, 10:38 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Moochier
Borrowed the wife's car this arvo... Guess what I'm doing tomorrow. Just don't ever show her this photo!
Attachment 931031
Those should be the dogs bollocks on Tuesday. Just remember to scrub them in before arriving at the track.
Old 04-24-2015, 04:07 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
I wouldn't bother with a remote. Hardwire is because they go through batteries quickly. I put a 32gb card in to take a full days likely filming plus I carry an extra battery. I use the iPhone app to control the camera. It's a clunky system but gives great video when you get it right. This video looks great in full HD on Pete's 120'" screen. http://youtu.be/ep3cZOZTjxM
Agreed regards remote. Utter waste of time. Hard wire it IMO if used in car or else constant attention needed. I think I've been through more systems than most and now use the lowest quality most automated for track work - Aim Solo DL with OBD2 plus smarty am HD rev2.0.

Go pro has the best picture by far
Sony has the best sound, gps built in and stability control
Smart cam does telemetry overlays poorest sound and video but automated and simple/reliable hard wired

All IMO of course
Old 04-24-2015, 05:15 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Its bloody freezing here!
Old 04-24-2015, 05:20 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
As the Aussies would say, "harden up Princess". It's only 8am. It looks like a great day out there. Certainly more enjoyable for getting out than Samoa was.
Old 04-24-2015, 05:30 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go for a drive!
Old 04-24-2015, 06:18 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Default Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Welcome to our paradise Macca!! I'm off to Wellington tonight (flying) with my son Patrick to spend tomorrow with 2nd son Jeremy who has the RS60 parked in his partner's space in their garage. Bless! May head north a way on Sunday night to make Monday's drive back to Auckland a little shorter.

Prepping Lola for Tuesday which means swapping footwear to the 17" R888s (unless the forecast changes to wet). Will be her first track outing since August. Really looking forward to catching up with everyone, lots of banter, checking out those new wheels in the group and to hear the roar of the engine.

Will need to catch a lift home with someone as Steve is taking Lola to Pirongia after the show for a couple of little niggles.
Attached Images  
Old 04-24-2015, 07:51 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by O2GO
Will need to catch a lift home with someone as Steve is taking Lola to Pirongia after the show for a couple of little niggles.
I'm sure that won't be a problem - the convoy home should be quite a sight!
Old 04-24-2015, 09:23 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by O2GO
Welcome to our paradise Macca!! I'm off to Wellington tonight (flying) with my son Patrick to spend tomorrow with 2nd son Jeremy who has the RS60 parked in his partner's space in their garage. Bless! May head north a way on Sunday night to make Monday's drive back to Auckland a little shorter.

Prepping Lola for Tuesday which means swapping footwear to the 17" R888s (unless the forecast changes to wet). Will be her first track outing since August. Really looking forward to catching up with everyone, lots of banter, checking out those new wheels in the group and to hear the roar of the engine.

Doug, I think we've been here before. 888s and taking it easy shouldn't be in the same sentence.

I would do the frunk strip again but I can't be assed and I need a passenger seat for the instruction. Just telling you that to limit the excuses
Old 04-24-2015, 09:38 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Saturday mornings in Autumn playing with Porsches in the driveway is hard to beat.
She's all ready for a beating Tuesday.
Attached Images  
Old 04-24-2015, 10:01 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

Rennline Tuneable engine mounts arrived this morning (left the USA Thursday, go DHL!) and look better in person than online. Relatively low cost and hopefully settles the slight movement I can still feel. Hopefully NVH stays within acceptable levels... Will look to install tomorrow after Caffeine & Classics. Bring on Tuesday!!
Attached Images  
Old 04-24-2015, 10:08 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Doug/Dave - cars looks great. Saw Dougs today on side of road in Mt Eden when driving by in the GT3.

Doug your welcome a lift home with either Jo or I on Tuesday.

Jake. Just love that Rennline stuff. They look like a work of art! Wish they had those when I was shopping for the 993 mounts.

ChrisT - those track wheels look the business. Trofeo R should be very good indeed. Neil Dewar has them on the 7.2 GT3 and swears by them.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:50 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Doug, I think we've been here before. 888s and taking it easy shouldn't be in the same sentence.

I would do the frunk strip again but I can't be assed and I need a passenger seat for the instruction. Just telling you that to limit the excuses
Good because I can't be arsed emptying the frunk either let alone remove passenger seat (24kgs).
Old 04-24-2015, 11:51 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Doug/Dave - cars looks great. Saw Dougs today on side of road in Mt Eden when driving by in the GT3.

Doug your welcome a lift home with either Jo or I on Tuesday.

Jake. Just love that Rennline stuff. They look like a work of art! Wish they had those when I was shopping for the 993 mounts.

ChrisT - those track wheels look the business. Trofeo R should be very good indeed. Neil Dewar has them on the 7.2 GT3 and swears by them.
Got the note you left on my windscreen Macca. We were just having a coffee in the cafe a 50m up the road. Bet you're loving being back in the drivers seat
Old 04-24-2015, 11:56 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Quite a line up for Tuesday. Looks like potentially 6 x 964s plus 2 x 3.3 Turbos and up to 4 x SC's.

Things just as interesting on the w/c front with at least 9 turbos & GT3s

Then everything in between.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?