Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 12:24 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 626 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Quite a line up for Tuesday. Looks like potentially 6 x 964s plus 2 x 3.3 Turbos and up to 4 x SC's. Things just as interesting on the w/c front with at least 9 turbos & GT3s Then everything in between.
Yes, shaping up to be epic. Good to see the older cars out and really appreciate the organisers giving them a group that won't see them hunted down. Big question is where all the 993s are?
Old 04-25-2015, 01:34 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
Yes, shaping up to be epic. Good to see the older cars out and really appreciate the organisers giving them a group that won't see them hunted down. Big question is where all the 993s are?
Garage queens & poseurs the lot of them :-). My girl is all prepped for Targa with road tyres/geo, monit, bigfela extinguisher. Thats my excuse.

Paul. I worked out today your paint job was half price so you may as well get back out and start driving a Porsche in anger. Based on your much quoted calculations for what it costs to attend a track day all in, I figure the last 6.5 months have saved you around $10,000++ :-). Gotta look on the positive side...

Gonna be a good day!
Old 04-25-2015, 02:12 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Garage queens & poseurs the lot of them :-). My girl is all prepped for Targa with road tyres/geo, monit, bigfela extinguisher. Thats my excuse.

Paul. I worked out today your paint job was half price so you may as well get back out and start driving a Porsche in anger. Based on your much quoted calculations for what it costs to attend a track day all in, I figure the last 6.5 months have saved you around $10,000++ :-). Gotta look on the positive side...

Gonna be a good day!
That's man maths.

You are excused. The Tour is not for garage queens. Paul, not so much.

I just gave Herman a run. Fuel gauge is on the fritz but otherwise he's ready for action as does the R if there is an issue. I will likely run an Integra on Monday.
Old 04-25-2015, 02:25 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quite a line up for Tuesday. Looks like potentially 6 x 964s plus 2 x 3.3 Turbos and up to 4 x SC's.

Things just as interesting on the w/c front with at least 9 turbos & GT3s

Then everything in between.
Ohhh cool Who are the other non-T 64's beside JM, DH, Sam and myself? I looked at the car list on the RSG thread and only counted the above...

I just realised i am in a black car, black interior, black suit and black helmet. Mr Black living up to his name. What a good kiwi. Might need a cold flannel
Old 04-25-2015, 02:55 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pcarplayer
Ohhh cool Who are the other non-T 64's beside JM, DH, Sam and myself? I looked at the car list on the RSG thread and only counted the above... I just realised i am in a black car, black interior, black suit and black helmet. Mr Black living up to his name. What a good kiwi. Might need a cold flannel
Nathan Maisey and Steve R.
Old 04-25-2015, 03:11 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
Nathan Maisey and Steve R.
And possibly a mate of Jake's - if you boys promise to play nice
Old 04-25-2015, 03:13 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

I just realised i am in a black car, black interior, black suit and black helmet. Mr Black living up to his name. What a good kiwi. Might need a cold flannel
Tues should be fine - the middle of January not so much! Cos we know the aircon in 964's never works!
Old 04-25-2015, 03:18 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

And possibly a mate of Jake's - if you boys promise to play nice
Aaron? I will text Mike (ex UK C2) and see if he will come out to look.
Old 04-25-2015, 03:19 AM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Tues should be fine - the middle of January not so much! Cos we know the aircon in 964's never works!
And of course its always the evaporator the is the cause
Old 04-25-2015, 03:49 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

And of course its always the evaporator the is the cause
My Turbo 3.6 had the evaporator done in 2000. It was still blowing cold in 2015. If you really need air con it's worth fixing. That said Macca had a different experience.
Old 04-25-2015, 04:02 AM
Moochier
Instructor

Originally Posted by nzskater
Rennline Tuneable engine mounts arrived this morning (left the USA Thursday, go DHL!) and look better in person than online. Relatively low cost and hopefully settles the slight movement I can still feel. Hopefully NVH stays within acceptable levels... Will look to install tomorrow after Caffeine & Classics. Bring on Tuesday!!
They look the shiz Jake, I'll be interested to see what you think of them as I was keen on a set myself.
Old 04-25-2015, 04:40 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Mine works just fine. I do have the famous squeaky fan syndrome that we're trying to fix.
Old 04-25-2015, 05:30 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca

Gonna be a good day!
I would agree. If I'd continued going to the track once a month I'd be down around $15-20k. Rule of thumb is $2k a day. Breakdown for 7 track days would be $3k in track fees and gas, about $3k in spanner checks including brake fluids etc, 1.5 sets of 221's -so another $3k, a set of pads and disks $2.5k - add in a contribution towards 20% wear towards a clutch, gear box and a top end (which will need doing every 2-3years if I continued doing once a month) - yup - the cost would equal the paint job. Buggar - I forgot the budget allowance to repaint the front of the car and replace the windscreen. So yes - I think I have saved money. Plus looks very shiney....
Old 04-25-2015, 05:51 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
I would agree. If I'd continued going to the track once a month I'd be down around $15-20k. Rule of thumb is $2k a day. Breakdown for 7 track days would be $3k in track fees and gas, about $3k in spanner checks including brake fluids etc, 1.5 sets of 221's -so another $3k, a set of pads and disks $2.5k - add in a contribution towards 20% wear towards a clutch, gear box and a top end (which will need doing every 2-3years if I continued doing once a month) - yup - the cost would equal the paint job. Buggar - I forgot the budget allowance to repaint the front of the car and replace the windscreen. So yes - I think I have saved money. Plus looks very shiney....
I'm sure Richard won't mind sharing. Another Polar Silver repaint underway. I think it might be a bit quicker than yours, otherwise he will miss the English Summer.
Attached Images  
Old 04-25-2015, 05:52 AM
CS Mende
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Starting to feel like Christmas alright! We need to make sure we get a nice pit lane Porsche-only photoshoot done if it's not raining. Hondas and Datsuns can hang out at the end.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?