Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 07:57 AM
Moochier
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CS Mende
Enough wall talk!
Yeah I second that, enough wall talk! ****e I wouldn't want to be hitting a wall in either an Integra or porsche.

Changing the subject... I'm meant to be picking up my new track wheels from CCS tomorrow, but if the weathers looking wet for Tuesday I might just be talking them home to fill my garage!

Also my kids convinced me to buy a go pro this week while we were in Queenstown... So I made sure I got a suction mount and roll cage mount!
Old 04-23-2015, 08:00 AM
993 Targa
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Can't be many of them around. I see the one with a black stripe front to back and the spydr plate around Parnell pretty regularly.
Yes there is the black striped one with the Spydr plate and another white one with a very similar plate in Auckland also. Plus this one makes at least 3 then!
Old 04-23-2015, 08:33 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Moochier
Yeah I second that, enough wall talk! ****e I wouldn't want to be hitting a wall in either an Integra or porsche. Changing the subject... I'm meant to be picking up my new track wheels from CCS tomorrow, but if the weathers looking wet for Tuesday I might just be talking them home to fill my garage! Also my kids convinced me to buy a go pro this week while we were in Queenstown... So I made sure I got a suction mount and roll cage mount!
I'm gonna blame Walt for adding fuel to that fire lol!

Tuesday's looking pretty good. A few sprinkles (5.6mm over 12 hrs) which won't make the line on the track damp for more than a few laps. In fact I updated the weather map a few moments ago and even Monday is looking better now with 35mm but far from damp still I suspect. Looks like by Sunday both forecasts could be half again what they are now. I would take the wheels and make the call Sunday based on forecasts.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:36 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 993 Targa
Yes there is the black striped one with the Spydr plate and another white one with a very similar plate in Auckland also. Plus this one makes at least 3 then!
I know of three including Kate Sylvesters husbands one Pete sees in Parnell. Still the best looking Boxster/Cayman IMO and the boys in the USA rate this a fraction ahead of the R as a track weapon given they are handily lighter (70kg?).
Old 04-23-2015, 02:05 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 629 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
I know of three including Kate Sylvesters husbands one Pete sees in Parnell. Still the best looking Boxster/Cayman IMO and the boys in the USA rate this a fraction ahead of the R as a track weapon given they are handily lighter (70kg?).
Can't see the plate on my iphone screen but I had a good look at a white one at CCS when getting my alignment. Spitting image of my R without a roof. Yes, they are highly rated and I love the humps although the weight difference comes from the roof, which nixes them for serious track duty in my book.

Still no leads on that 3rd R. Can't be a PCNZ regular or track driver or we'd know more about it.

Roll on the weekend. Sorry Macca but one or two good meals isn't enough to bring back the tropical love (turns out that Scalinis' owner in Apia used to own the St Heliers one so small world). It's amusing experiencing the old things like the daily crap shoot as to what linen you will get again but I can't do it on a long term basis. There goes that option for semi retirement.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:48 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Yeah, I don't know my fashion designers as well as some of you finely fitted gents but I think she was on the same plane as me yesterday. Kind of stood out amongst the suits, sales reps and the usual gaggle of public troughers. No idea who she was but a quick google image sorted that.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:36 PM
Moochier
Instructor

Argghh, wash your mouth out Macca! The R is the pinnacle! Haha

I didn't know Wayne had a Spyder. Wouldn't think he'd fit in a Boxster, he's a big boy.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:02 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

I didn't know Wayne had a Spyder. Wouldn't think he'd fit in a Boxster, he's a big boy.
Chris. I made a mistake. Its Jacks car. Jack Cooper. Here it is in Parnell. I think he bought it since new (PDK+buckets?).

My sister has worked for them all (Walker, Sylvester, Cooper etc) at some stage as muse, assistant, confidant. She sometimes provides me snippets like this.

I have no idea about fashion, I live on an island where peoples fashion sense ended the day they arrived - they become locked in time and space like Hans Solo did when he was frozen - and they evermore live out their 1976, 1982, 1989, 1994, 1999, 2002, 2006 fashion crimes with perpetuity :-)

P.S. I dont think a tin roof makes much difference to safety on track as its rare to see a roll over. maybe a Targa or something youd feel safer. I think Id rather live with an R personally as Im not a top down guy but I cant deny they are pretty with their "Bikini" top up - unique design and real signature cue.
Attached Images  
Old 04-23-2015, 05:04 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

So we have an RSG photographic chapter and now a fashion chapter as well. Geez, thought motorsport was a bit more hardcore
Old 04-23-2015, 05:09 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Cayman R vs. Boxster Spyder: On track with Johannes van Overbeek - YouTube

So we have an RSG photographic chapter and now a fashion chapter as well. Geez, thought motorsport was a bit more hardcore
Pete. Ive been to every significant RSG function. I hate to break this to you buddy but there isnt much fashion sense going on with us lot. Chris is the only one svelte enough to wear anything resembling fitted and the majority of us fall back to Porker printed T shirts. I have to say I think my laceless shoes thing is catching on and Daves cap selection has definitely become more mainstream colour wise lately...
Old 04-23-2015, 05:23 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Pete. Ive been to every significant RSG function. I hate to break this to you buddy but there isnt much fashion sense going on with us lot. Chris is the only one svelte enough to wear anything resembling fitted and the majority of us fall back to Porker printed T shirts. I have to say I think my laceless shoes thing is catching on and Daves cap selection has definitely become more mainstream colour wise lately...
Yes we shan't mention the loafers and leather driving gloves shall we
Old 04-23-2015, 05:45 PM
PHG
Racer

Originally Posted by NZ964C4
Yes, well, thanks for the compliment. A new main is on the list, apparently after a hot water tank is installed.
Ya gotta luv the different priorities our partners have ... Hot water is a must as other 1050s sail by..
Old 04-23-2015, 05:52 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Pete.

Im now convinced we have car geeks, watch geeks, camera geeks and boat geeks on this board. But I dont think we have fashion geeks unless we count my driving gloved (of which I have three more bright coloured hues I have not yet worked up the courage to wear yet!)
Old 04-23-2015, 05:58 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

That youtube clip is consistent with what my us buddies have been telling me about the two cars on track. Remember open top track miesters like 918 Spyder and Carrera GT were all open top. Ask Doug. Good rides even on the track.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:11 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

I'd personally go a Spyder over the Cayman R, based purely on the aesthetic. Love the design of the Spyder. Having never driven any convertible Porsche (other than the couple of hours I spent in the Wimbledon Green WB 964 picking up Euro hitchhiker girls) I have no real driving experience to base my preference on.

That handicam comparison on a go kart track is a bit of a crack up. Grassroots reporting at its best!

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?