Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 04:31 PM
CS Mende
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
I'll buy a share. Love that track.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:09 PM
racoguy
Racer

Received 149 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
John, how do you handle compliance? Is there a specific person/team you go to that does repair certification?

Looking forward to seeing that GT3 exhaust mod as are a lot of people on Rennlist.

I go to a local compliance center as its walking distance away, they are muppets like most of them but the VTNZ inspector there seems reasonable, I have 1 repair certifier I use due a good relationship with him.
They too can be very pedantic but this guy is good to deal with.
With a full 3D measure of the structure and 4 wheel alignment as part of the cert make the car every bit as good as it was before and all measurements back withing factory tolerances.
Old 04-16-2015, 05:16 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxem
Keep yourself away from the fishnets Macca.
In that hot climate, I'd let you off with a mini skirt and some free balling.
I hear you Dave. I'm definitely more of a crotchless pantihose kinda guy when in the tropics. Been keeping an eye out for a grey camo baseball cap too, like the tank drivers wear (and those stalking german driving machinery). But no luck yet. Will let you know if anything turns up.

Bubba. Have you repaired the Macca cup yet? There is/was a new one at CCS for you to buy and have engraved if you like? Ill bring you back those blue suede platforms and maybe we can prize the thing from your clutches for someone else to take a turn. Make sure you bring it on the 28th please (not kidding) as I think its time we gave out another award and I know Pete has a mental collection names brewing in his head for worthy contenders.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:10 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gt38088
you may be convincing yourself re the gt3 Paul? best not to look at the vid too much unless you decided
I think the decision is made - just finding the appropriate car (and somewhere to store it)

I was surprised at how much speed that GT3 was carrying.

SI Targa Tour must have been a bit boring with the speed limit (following Matt G would have been faster on SITT), but targa proper would have been awesome on those open sweeping roads.......
Old 04-16-2015, 06:29 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I think the decision is made - just finding the appropriate car (and somewhere to store it)

I was surprised at how much speed that GT3 was carrying.

SI Targa Tour must have been a bit boring with the speed limit (following Matt G would have been faster on SITT), but targa proper would have been awesome on those open sweeping roads.......
yea I thought that vid looked quick too and it was a pretty good placing on the Crown stage. Think though the cam lens and low placement probably accentuate the impression of speed too.

For reference we had 2 very good runs through that stage, pressing on somewhat which we were not always doing across the whole 5 days. (hard knocks teaches you that can't drive aggressive for 5 days otherwise something bad happens). Our results were I think 35sec and 26 secs faster.

I thought some stages were fantastic like that one and Glenorchy but there were also too many poinjt and squirt roads where you just sat on 200k and the stage time depended on whether you buttoned off over the crests or not
Old 04-16-2015, 07:32 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CS Mende
I'll buy a share. Love that track.
I'm in. Perhaps when Vanuatu is back in a good place we could have Macca and Jo start a crowdfunding project for the RSG. They seem to have a gift for it
Old 04-16-2015, 08:10 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

^^^ OK so we have a few hundie in the jar for buying Taupo race track.

Just $20M to go...............
Old 04-16-2015, 08:14 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
I hear you Dave. I'm definitely more of a crotchless pantihose kinda guy when in the tropics. Been keeping an eye out for a grey camo baseball cap too, like the tank drivers wear (and those stalking german driving machinery). But no luck yet. Will let you know if anything turns up.

Bubba. Have you repaired the Macca cup yet? There is/was a new one at CCS for you to buy and have engraved if you like? Ill bring you back those blue suede platforms and maybe we can prize the thing from your clutches for someone else to take a turn. Make sure you bring it on the 28th please (not kidding) as I think its time we gave out another award and I know Pete has a mental collection names brewing in his head for worthy contenders.
If I was the quick thinking guy I once was I would have slipped my now retired camo cap in with Paul's velvet shoes as a nice surprise for you
Old 04-16-2015, 10:22 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

^^^ OK so we have a few hundie in the jar for buying Taupo race track.

Just $20M to go...............
Maybe 4.3MM
I've been told an offer of 4 and a half sticks will buy it....
Old 04-16-2015, 11:44 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

What's the current balance of the PCNZ account?...
Maybe 4.3MM
I've been told an offer of 4 and a half sticks will buy it....
Old 04-16-2015, 11:44 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Please don't replace it with a new one. This one has irreplaceable character IMO
Old 04-16-2015, 11:58 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nzskater
Good thinking. I already went through same machinations before the Cyclone and while we were awaiting the outcome from Quinns offer to TMP shareholders. I reckon it could be done but would require the financial resources of the 5 strongest Car clubs in NZ and a friendly banker. Finding a way to make it work operationally so it doesn't eat its tail off is the challenge. With Quinn taking out HD (likely?) and with Highlands and with only two sanctioned big $$$ series I believe each year to provide a chance at profit Taupo is not looking promising as a viable stand alone business model. A real shame because its located in a great spot.
Old 04-17-2015, 12:06 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by O2GO
Please don't replace it with a new one. This one has irreplaceable character IMO
I agree there is a bit of patina that's been introduced :-). Would look better partially panel beaten on a timber plinth as Bubba keeps threatening to do I reckon. I might have to take that on as a project when Im back....
Old 04-17-2015, 12:08 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nzskater
Im pretty sure thats a matter of club record. No doubt it was a figure available to access at the AGM. By my reckoning there should be around $400K there now.
Old 04-17-2015, 01:10 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by O2GO
As fate would have it, I went into CCS this avo and they didn't have one, so the 1 and only original Macca Cup (with Miller patina) shall be up for grabs.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?