Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 07:48 PM
993 Targa
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Putting Spyder on the headrest would provide no value to the prototype so it means one of two things. Either it is all BS or I'd say more likely, this is one of those intentional "let it leak to build hype" scenarios. I would find it quite unusual if they gave this car the same engine as a "GT" car.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:08 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Are these types of cars becoming 'Halo' cars? A full 1/3rd of all Porsches on Trademe are Cayennes. Based on Macca's conversation about NZ sales I wonder if the factory needs to build these variants at all. PCNZ certainly doesn't see the need to price them to sell to the great unwashed.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:40 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 993 Targa
Putting Spyder on the headrest would provide no value to the prototype so it means one of two things. Either it is all BS or I'd say more likely, this is one of those intentional "let it leak to build hype" scenarios. I would find it quite unusual if they gave this car the same engine as a "GT" car.
Agree with you on all points. It's probably deliberate leak same as the GT3 RS was...
Old 02-19-2015, 09:58 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
A few hours more and I am back in the land of the long white cloud. A busy weekend ahead. Apart from Neil is anyone else going to the Sunday Playday? I'm torn between taking the Black Behemoth down to bring the Grinch back after running it and taking the R down for its first taste of the track. Cant drive two cars. I might have to do a mid week run to bring the Grinch back. At least petrol is cheap.
I need to get to HD to bring the race car back. I'll drive one.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:03 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by peterC2S
I need to get to HD to bring the race car back. I'll drive one.
Mmm, that gets a car down but not back. Do you want a lift in the R I'll get the Grinch during the week.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:15 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Mmm, that gets a car down but not back. Do you want a lift in the R I'll get the Grinch during the week.
That would be great - I was going to ask. Need to find out who has a key to Steve's and get that first.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:19 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

That would be great - I was going to ask. Need to find out who has a key to Steve's and get that first.
Neil is bringing a key. 7:30 at your place on Sunday?
Old 02-20-2015, 02:12 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Neil is bringing a key. 7:30 at your place on Sunday?
Yep that's great. Thanks heaps. Make sure you give it a few revs to wake Tony up
Old 02-20-2015, 02:27 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Yep that's great. Thanks heaps. Make sure you give it a few revs to wake Tony up
We can try a launch control. Looks like it will be dry on Sunday.
Old 02-20-2015, 05:47 AM
Obsessed
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxem
Yeah it would be interesting. It might not show much other than shiny paint. All the things I'm putting right seem to be hidden but they bug me all the same. It was largely a good car to start with so I'm really just sorting out the superficial aesthetic fringe and so far mechanically it seems to be in excellent shape. I've travelled 1200 miles since I've had it with two Doug runs so it has proven itself to me to be totally useable for any distance at any time. Typical SC I guess.
Dave when you've finished the SC I'm happy to lend you my car. I'll pick it up when you've got it back to factory fresh?
Old 02-20-2015, 02:28 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Obsessed
Dave when you've finished the SC I'm happy to lend you my car. I'll pick it up when you've got it back to factory fresh?
No chance. It was fun pulling the front end of the SC apart but now I'm a bit tired on that idea and wish I hadn't. Not so much that I'm not enjoying it but the little things you find that you just can't justify re assembling it back together with the old parts. Therein lies the problem. It seems to be all or nothing and I don't think NZ is ready for the $50k SC yet but that's what it could run to if you include all new body seals and full paint. This car could be that but then it takes it beyond what it has been so good at for me at least - just get in and drive.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:26 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Maxem
No chance. It was fun pulling the front end of the SC apart but now I'm a bit tired on that idea and wish I hadn't. Not so much that I'm not enjoying it but the little things you find that you just can't justify re assembling it back together with the old parts. Therein lies the problem. It seems to be all or nothing and I don't think NZ is ready for the $50k SC yet but that's what it could run to if you include all new body seals and full paint. This car could be that but then it takes it beyond what it has been so good at for me at least - just get in and drive.
I always wondered with 'Wheeler Dealers' how they maintained self discipline and didn't turn a quick refurb into a restoration. Maybe you need to be a type B personality or just focused on the profit. I can't do that. Doesn't sound like you can either.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:37 PM
O2GO
Drifting

Put it back together and drive it lots. That's what they're for.

Hoping to pick Lola up soon, maybe next weekend.
Old 02-20-2015, 05:24 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Yeah, I'm in it for the fun and the enjoyment of the transformation. While this car is quite a good start point, what I have been doing is undoing the minor bodges of the past where you can see that pressing on in a paint shop for a quick blow over here and there hasn't had the benefit of simple new parts.

Here is a trick from the past for getting silicone off smooth surfaces.
Attached Images  
Old 02-20-2015, 05:27 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Nice and straight now. The LH bumper shock was pointing downwards which made the smile not fit well, hence the black sealant stuffed into every available gap.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?