Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 12:03 AM
RS ZWEI
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Nik. Now its coming back. There were two. The second was delivered in the UK and turned straight into a race car. I dont have my reference materials here but the team was run under Newman sponsorship I believe and was the first ever formal kiwi assault on LeMans if I recall correct. I believe (but still not 100% sure) the 993GT2 in the video was also sent to Europe for preparation to race. Greg Murphy may well have been involved. They ran for two years. I have records of this in some books and literature in NZ...
It was in there somewhere

Here is some info from Gregs wiki page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Mu...e_Mans_results

Speaking of the NZ Le Mans team. Last year at Dads work they auctioned off a team jacket. Greg was on hand and couldnt believe anyone would want it. It was pretty 90's ugly.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:45 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by RS ZWEI
Ive just been in contact with a man in the know. Four were sold new in NZ, 3 red, 1 yellow. The yellow one was writen off, and two red ones were exported to OZ. One red one still remains in NZ

only porsche guys are [occasionally sober enough to be] reliable
Old 04-24-2013, 08:49 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I know that jacket. Someone gave me one and Im pretty sure I gave it away. Had different coloured panels and did look very "90s".

New Hardware Team. That's my memory failing!
Old 04-25-2013, 12:53 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Here's the poll guys. Vote away....
http://www.europacific.co.nz/playday...php?topic=14.0
Old 04-25-2013, 01:46 AM
KiwiSean
Pro

Originally Posted by Macca
Here's the poll guys. Vote away....
http://www.europacific.co.nz/playday...php?topic=14.0
Done.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:10 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Just got the confirmation from Germany that my 17" Silver Fuchs are winging their way to me.

I'll fit them with 221s. Peter I gather the correct sizes are 225/45 and 255/40. Is that correct?
Old 04-25-2013, 04:04 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
Just got the confirmation from Germany that my 17" Silver Fuchs are winging their way to me.

I'll fit them with 221s. Peter I gather the correct sizes are 225/45 and 255/40. Is that correct?
Spot on. Where did you end up getting the Fuchs from? Going to be painting them red then? Using Plastidip could be a cheap reversible option.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:09 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sean - when you put the Sparco's in did you fix them or use sliders? What head clearance did you end up with - helmet on? Just trying to work out if they would work for me as I have headroom issues at the moment. Profi SPG XL is the other option.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:25 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by peterC2S

Spot on. Where did you end up getting the Fuchs from? Going to be painting them red then? Using Plastidip could be a cheap reversible option.
I bought the wheels directly from Fuchs. They are expensive with respect to freight @ NZD 1,135, at least compared to Design911 where tyres were NZD 450 but stockists of original Fuchs are thin on the ground and what I could find were more expensive, at least in GB. I never priced the Australian distributor option as I figured they would be expensive on cost and freight. All up (take a deep breath) they will land GST paid at NZD 4,900. I think I may work towards a back date homage over the long term. Fuchs are the base for that.

As for Plastidip. Never heard of it until now buy it definitely looks like an option.
Attached Images  
Old 04-25-2013, 04:35 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by peterC2S
Sean - when you put the Sparco's in did you fix them or use sliders? What head clearance did you end up with - helmet on? Just trying to work out if they would work for me as I have headroom issues at the moment. Profi SPG XL is the other option.
Just thinking about this. The way I get comfort with 911s is to have the seat back as far as possible, then recline the back. It works on the road but not on the track as the roof line slopes away and the helmet hits. Is it better to have a low upright seating position close to the wheel and use a deep dish or extender to bring the wheel out and give knee clearance? I'm actually happy to put the seat on a fixed position as other people rarely drive my cars.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:48 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Peter. You must be long in the torso because I don't think you are taller than me (6'1") and I don't have problems with my buckets with a helmet. That said my buckets are in their highest position but Im having them lowered one notch in May when I have the half cage fitted and some other work done so the car will be at CCS for 2 weeks and you are free t take your helmet and give it a try. I have sunroof option which lowers roof 1"but cant recall if you have same. Might be one of us had odd body shape LOL!

John. Like the concept photo you have there but its wide body and any decent 964 back date will cost you a bloody lot of missus shoes! Are you ready to put $100k into this car LOL? Im watching your spend already just so I can buy you the $100k T shirt when I reckon thats what you already have in your new C4. I reckon Ive already got you the body piece and by the time the engine, suspension, brakes and seats are done may even have you one sleeve. Some body panels, sunroof delete, a ducktail and a full respray and I reckon I might owe you that T shirt. Its all good cause Sean and I need some "mates" in the "endless money for air koooled kool aid" addiction club so we don't feel mad/alone!
Old 04-25-2013, 09:05 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

John,

I'm loving the concept car you are working towards.

Macca is right - you will drop a 'hundie' to achieve a car like that, but as Macca can probably attest to, it's not so painful in $5-10K hits over a couple of years..............The only time I ever take stock is when the accountant does my FY accounts.................

Can you send me the link for buying the fuchs please. I wonder if they still do 15's and 16's?

Cheers Paul
Old 04-25-2013, 09:14 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Paul is right of course. Its much less painful in small bites with a stiff drink. Once you get to 100K + base car like I have you get the Pajamas to wear to bed. Its better that way as you have some soft flannel to wipe your tears on as you try to get to sleep after your wife beats the hide off your *** when she intercepts the credit card statement by accident before you've had the chance to snaffle it away LOL! I think I have that T shirt somewhere too...

Paul. heres your link. They dont do a 15 or 16 that im aware of probably because that's still under some form of license to PAG or perhaps because theres little demand...Its hard enough finding performance rubber in 17" fitments these days as the trend is for sizes getting bigger and all the latest tech rubber is starting in 18/19/10" fitments!

http://www.fuchsfelge.de/index.php?id=750&L=1
Old 04-25-2013, 06:11 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Macca has the correct site. Not easy to navigate around and there are no 964 images in the Gallery. Perhaps even more surprising is that there is very little in the way of 964 images on the Net. The only original images I saw were for a Red Targa, and that was on Rennlist. The others were photoshopped.

The wheels I've ordered are 964 offsets so will fit without any spacers. Values will only be undermined by copies as I don't recall seeing any older genuine Fuchs on a 964. I figure/hope that these will hold their value better than most.

As for back dating, guys don't get in a lather. I'm not going to spend Turbo 3.6 money to end up with an inferior car. I'm just looking to add elements as I go e.g. a ducktail, AP Design clear headlights a la Singer. Nothing crazy or irreversible.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:11 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by John McM
Macca has the correct site. Not easy to navigate around and there are no 964 images in the Gallery. Perhaps even more surprising is that there is very little in the way of 964 images on the Net. The only original images I saw were for a Red Targa, and that was on Rennlist. The others were photoshopped.
Not original but just as pricey - I love this look in red from Zuffenhaus

http://zuffenhaus.us/wordpress/wp-co...214-094113.jpg

Suspect the landed cost in NZ would be more than you're paying for originals. Works really well with the duck IMO.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?