Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 09:53 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Caught up with Paul before turn 2. Held back when I saw the odd spark and the exhaust dragging/swinging and bouncing along the ground - especially into Barrel 51. Actually held back till the back straight when Steve R decided to rush past and I followed. Was dead worried the thing was going to come off next corner and take out the front of the car. Paul was going hard out - might have thought for a spell there he was fending off a GT3 and 964 race car but in the next row we were quietly wondering when he would realise he was dragging the exhaust. When there was no sign of him turning off at the pit lane it was Arrivederci and away we went...:-)
Mr 7/10ths was on a mission to topple Chris M from the top spot so probably didn't even notice the noise....or didn't care

The endless sessions were probably a big help as he had time to get in the groove. If it was colder I suspect he would be the new número uno but should've, would've, could've.
Old 01-14-2015, 09:58 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by O2GO
Reading all the HD posts made me envious so planned an early road trip the long way from Oakura to Ocean Beach on Whangarei Heads today. To add an element of surprise I had Tom Tom plot it by adding Matapouri and selecting Windy Roads=Max. The route was 227k taking 2.5 hours (plus the return trip via a more direct route ). Ocean Beach was beautiful. I don't recall ever being there before and took a long walk along it. Took lots of photos. Without Macca to chase or try to drag off I flipped the lid down and drove like a Nana so I could take in all the views. (Macca I can only post one photo at a time still from the app)
Keep on checking them out Doug. I've fixed a price on the R. Just a test drive between dreams and having it in my garage.

Herman goes in for a base line dyno tomorrow morning then I'll fit the new kit. Bring on 2015 and possibly Easter down South.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:33 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks lovely Doug, i'm looking out the office window to a beautiful day and living my Porsche dreams vicariously through your pics
Old 01-14-2015, 10:58 PM
Ralf G
Instructor

Originally Posted by John McM
Keep on checking them out Doug. I've fixed a price on the R. Just a test drive between dreams and having it in my garage. Herman goes in for a base line dyno tomorrow morning then I'll fit the new kit. Bring on 2015 and possibly Easter down South.
Are you going on a 4 wheel dyno with Herman or is the C4 ok on a 2 wheel dyno?
Old 01-14-2015, 11:09 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ralf G
Are you going on a 4 wheel dyno with Herman or is the C4 ok on a 2 wheel dyno?
Four wheel. If it had been anything but a mechanical 4wd this would have been a no go zone. Don't ask me how it works but the owner was happy when he knew it was mechanical with a fixed power split.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:34 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Makes Chris M achievement all the more remarkable. Paul & Chris B probably have 3000 laps each at HD mos likely more. Chris the Stig would be lucky if he had much over 300. Sometimes you just key into a car and a track quickly.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:01 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Mr 7/10ths was on a mission to topple Chris M from the top spot so probably didn't even notice the noise....or didn't care

The endless sessions were probably a big help as he had time to get in the groove. If it was colder I suspect he would be the new número uno but should've, would've, could've.
Yeah man - a long time since I've been to HD and needed a big sniff of the 'track cocaine'.

I could hear a scraping, no one black flagged me and the car felt good - so kept going.........

I don't check the mirrors - to quote the Gum Ball Rally dude "what is behind me does not matter"

Yes Chris is a good driver - he was smooth and his lines were excellent........

Mendes is mince meat next time..........

Last edited by kiwi 911; 01-15-2015 at 12:25 AM.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:09 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Keep on checking them out Doug. I've fixed a price on the R. Just a test drive between dreams and having it in my garage. Herman goes in for a base line dyno tomorrow morning then I'll fit the new kit. Bring on 2015 and possibly Easter down South.
Exciting stuff. Fingers crossed John.

Originally Posted by pcarplayer
Looks lovely Doug, i'm looking out the office window to a beautiful day and living my Porsche dreams vicariously through your pics
Thanks Warwick. I had to pinch myself it was such a nice day and to have these roads to play on.

The drive today was like 2.5 hours of the Old Russell Road. Twisty, undulating, good surface, great fun without breaking any laws. However, I did drive like a Nana. Not as much fun driving hard on my own.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:10 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Yeah man - long since I've been to HD and needed a big sniff of the 'track cocaine'.

I could hear a scraping, no one black flagged me and the car felt good - so kept going.........

I don't check the mirrors - to quote the Gum Ball Rally dude "what is behind me doesn not matter"

Mendes is mince meat next time..........
Love it :-) 2K Cup death rounds. Its getting more exciting watching the competition within the cup than the 2K races themselves (if they exist LOL!).
Old 01-15-2015, 12:12 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Copied from a thread on the app issues I've been following. At least Macca and John should definitely be in on testing the new app.... And anyone else using iphone or ipad..... I'm about to fill in the form...

Originally Posted by IB Nolan
Just to update everyone, a new application that has been built from the ground up and fixes the issues of the older app should be ready for beta testing by users in the coming weeks. If any of you would like to test the application before a public launch then please fill out the form below and we will make sure to keep you involved. We apologize for the current app issues but we had shifted development to this new app late last year due to underlying flaws with the old design. I think you guys will enjoy the improvements in the all new app. http://goo.gl/forms/Y3c2bdjqDo Best, Nolan
Old 01-15-2015, 12:17 AM
O2GO
Drifting

Copied from a thread on the app issues I've been following. At least Macca and John should definitely be in on testing the new app.... And anyone else using iphone or ipad..... I'm about to fill in the form...
There's an Android version for beta too ChrisB
Old 01-15-2015, 12:20 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Can't find Chris M's run. Maybe it was on a different AIM. Anyway here is Chris B 1.26.39 (Blue) v Paul 1.26.401 (Green).
Attached Images  
Old 01-15-2015, 01:30 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

There's an Android version for beta too ChrisB
I think he's gone to the dark side as well now
Old 01-15-2015, 02:11 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Love the look of the new GT40!
Attached Images  
Old 01-15-2015, 02:32 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Kiwi Carguy
Love the look of the new GT40!
Same here. Classic GT40 will always be part of my dream garage, for looks as much as anything else.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the new NSX, with all the Honda fanboys about...

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?