Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 04:20 PM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisB_NZ
Correct, although for me the vat refund covered everything, the shipping etc. remains the same, so the more expensive the car the further the vat refund goes.
Agreed - I was working on cars roughly half of that price. I was surprised how easy the whole process was - I'd have no problem doing it again and would be tempted to use McCullochs for comparison.

Originally Posted by ChrisB_NZ
Paul, great to catchup. The 996tt did seem to get hit by the Paul factor, the cup/plate must be yours for life!
Sounds like I escaped the Paul factor completely Must have got lucky!!

Originally Posted by John McM
I'm definitely warming to the idea of a Cayman. The size might be an issue for me with helmet, but otherwise they appear to be in the sweet spot for performance, handling and cost. Still mulling over the Cayman R on Trademe. It looks like a good example, but has been on the market for a while, suggesting the price needs negotiating to avoid taking a bath. Figuring on a $60,000 value in three years time, it's time to get my head around depreciation as opposed to maintenance.
I think he is asking exactly what it cost him to import from memory. As we know NZ is a bit strange when looking at depreciation on some models. In the UK the R is holding value far better than the rest of the range, especially if manual and with buckets. This one has PDK which perversely may may make it more attractive in NZ. Maintenance, I can only echo Macca's experience with the GT3. Other than pads & tyres from the SITT my only cost has been the annual service.
Old 01-11-2015, 04:54 PM
PHG
Racer

Cheers Walter
parts are for my vessel, Parimar, as had an issue and dropped stabilizer fin, ..parts rarer than rocking horse ****..may have to manufacture here..$$
Yep, they were stopping people in tenders in the busier bays, and issuing fines if no LJ or PFD in the dinghy.. a new by-law designed to protect those who fish 6 up in a 10' ali dinghy, rather than semi responsible owners moving family and supplies from gin palace to gin palace.. (thanks Doug). It is captains discretion if you wear these or not but they must be in the tender.
Mind you, as we get older a PFD has merit as those smaller dinghys are quite lively as we step in and our cat like reflexes slow a bit. I bought a new 2.6m catamaran infl and new 3.3 for inter boat transport.
Had it 5 days and some bastards stole it from the back of the boat during NY eve sleep whilst berthed in Tutukaka marina.. found the dinghy abandoned down stream a bit but OB gone, so not the best start to my festive season cruise.
Plenty of fish out there, but on the odd occasion, harder to get
Old 01-11-2015, 05:20 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

With all this talk of importing I've often wondered how those of you have done it have gone about entry certification? It disturbs me that a car would be pulled apart by some bloke in nz without sympathy

Do you have it documented for standards compliance before shipping? Will this mean its good for registration on arrival?

As most of you seem to use agents I'm guessing they prepare all requisite paperwork for such?

Sorry for the noob questions. It's something I've been curious about for a while
Old 01-11-2015, 06:19 PM
RS ZWEI
Pro

Originally Posted by Macca
That was Jon Warings. He picked it up yesterday. It as 165km on the clock today. You can see it in the picture below.

The white ex UK one was possibly brought in by a UK crowd (Indian guys have business importing new Euros to NZ and elsewhere), new. If it is C98 (cyprus), I originally requested it before I found the supplier I ended up using, then I put a NZ buyer into it but he decided not to take it after the engine issues (he ordered a Rodium silver one arriving next month) so after that they went looking for a buyer. Landed it was around 230K NZD taxed.

You probably wouldn't import a used 991 GT3 into NZ right now. They tend to be asking around 20+K GDP over list so I dont think you would be saving anything buying private used and importing.
Here is the pic of the UK import:

Name:  8248f16794d367f25b273a8f711d252e_zps25f1c8f9.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  489.3 KB

The UK cars seem to get a euro plate holder that the NZ cars dont?

Here is a crap photo of the inside, noCS spec, and the basic seats?

Name:  7000c87e9adf834463de46bdd72b5dbc_zps47530cc3.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  431.2 KB

The car will be based in HB, I know the owner so Ill see it around.
Old 01-11-2015, 06:21 PM
Runtothehills
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That was Jon Warings. He picked it up yesterday. It as 165km on the clock today. You can see it in the picture below.

The white ex UK one was possibly brought in by a UK crowd (Indian guys have business importing new Euros to NZ and elsewhere), new. If it is C98 (cyprus), I originally requested it before I found the supplier I ended up using, then I put a NZ buyer into it but he decided not to take it after the engine issues (he ordered a Rodium silver one arriving next month) so after that they went looking for a buyer. Landed it was around 230K NZD taxed.

You probably wouldn't import a used 991 GT3 into NZ right now. They tend to be asking around 20+K GDP over list so I dont think you would be saving anything buying private used and importing.
That White 991 GT3 is still in the Giltrap showroom this morning.. Could be a third white one?
Old 01-11-2015, 07:04 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by RS ZWEI
Here is the pic of the UK import: The UK cars seem to get a euro plate holder that the NZ cars dont? Here is a crap photo of the inside, noCS spec, and the basic seats? The car will be based in HB, I know the owner so Ill see it around.
Let me know. I'm pretty sure it's the car offered to NZ via the Indian guys I was talking of. Registered with 72km so basically new - september arrival which is about right and the spec is bang on with standard seats & chrono. I'll post the spec here shortly.
Old 01-11-2015, 07:24 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Heres the spec Nik. Car was ready to be exported in July from UK (They register it there to soak up the VAT which is refunded on export). The engine was replaced at factory (engine number checks out on Car Jam and VIN is a 2014 MY car). Im pretty certain its the one Vish and the boys offered me. Has 18 way seats (look like standard) and chrono as well as PDLS lights (darker colour and never ordered in NZ) and privacy glass (rear and side windows tinted at factory)....if you looked inside you would beable to confirm if it had the white dials?

OFFER :

PORSCHE 911 GT3
RIGHT HAND DRIVE
Exterior : White
Interior : Black standard leather

Options :

Windscreen with grey top tint
PDLS
Private glass (Front & Rear)
PDK
Lifting system front axle
20" GT3 Wheels
Seat heater
Luggage net passenger footwell
Light Design Package
Floor mats
Dial white sport chrono stop clock
Adaptive sports seats plus (18 electric ways) with memory
White combination instrument dials
Sport Chrono Package
Audio system CDR plus

Landed drive away price = 107650 GBP + GST (15%) - so around 250K NZD (40K saving) - the compensation for the delay and engine change would have be received I assume by the company in UK who it was registered to in the first instance!
Old 01-11-2015, 07:30 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 626 Likes on 369 Posts

RSG members, what unused banners are there hiding in cupboards?

Just went to pick up tyres from Kev and struck a deal for a replacement windscreen for Herman. I have no banners left.
Old 01-11-2015, 07:37 PM
PHG
Racer

RSG members, what unused banners are there hiding in cupboards?

Just went to pick up tyres from Kev and struck a deal for a replacement windscreen for Herman. I have no banners left.
John, I still have a red on white one stashed...
Old 01-11-2015, 07:42 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Runtothehills
That White 991 GT3 is still in the Giltrap showroom this morning.. Could be a third white one?
Im guessing so.

So far the NZ cars I know are:

1 Metallic White = Ron S
1 White = Paul H
1 White = Jon W
1 White = Guy on SI Targa Tour (forgotten his name)
1 Red = Richard S
1 Red = CCS cancelled order - black wheels - now resold
1 Red = CCS cancelled order - black wheels used as demo and training car now for sale CCS
1 Red - Delivered CCS 22 December (customer order now delivered)
1 Red = Giltraps - returned order high spec now sold
1 Black = Armstrong WTG customer order now delivered
1 GT Silver = Armstrong Prestige WTG customer car now sold
1 Red = Armstrong Prestige - returned customer car for sale
1 White = Giltraps in showroom assume awaiting customer 12 Jan 2015
1 Red = Gillies no details

7 x Red, 5 x white, 1 black, 1 GT Silver,

That's 14 cars I know of . Plus 2 private imports both white and no doubt maybe 1 or 2 cars sold in Christchurch?

I believe there are around 4 cars yet to be delivered across all dealers before production ceases. One is a CCS car in Rhodium Silver car arriving next month, its a friends car.

Looks like total head count in NZ will be 20 x 991 GT3 including the two private imports. I think its been a success for NZ. Both generations of 997 GT3 = 25 plus 4 private imports. I think 997.2 GT3 was only around 10 units as it opened orders in March 2009 straight after GFC. Anyway you look at it it seems the 991 GT3 has been a sales success in NZ. In the UK they got less than 200 cars. Australia was between 40-60....
Old 01-11-2015, 08:07 PM
O2GO
Drifting

RSG members, what unused banners are there hiding in cupboards? Just went to pick up tyres from Kev and struck a deal for a replacement windscreen for Herman. I have no banners left.
Yay, no stone chips. I have 1 or 2 red on black surplus
Old 01-11-2015, 08:07 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Runtothehills
Theres been a white one on X plates tootling around the mount.
Old 01-11-2015, 08:13 PM
mrphil
Intermediate

I was at archibalds getting more info on the cayman and they have a grey 991 gt3 for sale, parked next to it was a red 991 turbo which was sold

Haven't seen any other 991 gt3 around Christchurch
Old 01-11-2015, 08:19 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 626 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by O2GO
Yay, no stone chips. I have 1 or 2 red on black surplus
Great. Maybe get all the spares to the BBQ so I can check against Herman. I think red on black may work better than red on white with a white car.
Old 01-11-2015, 08:22 PM
RS ZWEI
Pro

Heres the spec Nik. Car was ready to be exported in July from UK (They register it there to soak up the VAT which is refunded on export). The engine was replaced at factory (engine number checks out on Car Jam and VIN is a 2014 MY car). Im pretty certain its the one Vish and the boys offered me. Has 18 way seats (look like standard) and chrono as well as PDLS lights (darker colour and never ordered in NZ) and privacy glass (rear and side windows tinted at factory)....if you looked inside you would beable to confirm if it had the white dials?

OFFER :

PORSCHE 911 GT3
RIGHT HAND DRIVE
Exterior : White
Interior : Black standard leather

Options :

Windscreen with grey top tint
PDLS
Private glass (Front & Rear)
PDK
Lifting system front axle
20" GT3 Wheels
Seat heater
Luggage net passenger footwell
Light Design Package
Floor mats
Dial white sport chrono stop clock
Adaptive sports seats plus (18 electric ways) with memory
White combination instrument dials
Sport Chrono Package
Audio system CDR plus

Landed drive away price = 107650 GBP + GST (15%) - so around 250K NZD (40K saving) - the compensation for the delay and engine change would have be received I assume by the company in UK who it was registered to in the first instance!
Hey Mark, sorry I didnt see the dials. When I see the car round next Ill check it out.

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?