Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 03:57 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Paul I'm pretty sure you can passenger with any of us on the 11th. I'm taking the 993 and your welcome to be in the jump seat, just skip breakfast! I'm not sure who we have right now just Chris B and maybe Sam at this stage....
Cheers Macca - I will return the favour to those in need (when I get a car one day.........)
Old 01-04-2015, 04:01 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Spokes
Anyways, Chip installed, and did the test drive. It might be placebo, but IMHO the car responded much lower down the rev range and took off, big smile. The Littles Rd hill test (17% steep with a sweeper) much more power and drive through the corner. (A must when in QT). Idle seemed fine to me. Now waiting for the Fabspeed kit to arrive.

S
Yes - this was my observation too. My car was really lethargic under 4K, and not much fun to drive if I was honest.

The chip really energised the car and brought the torque curve down to 3K.

It's not faster, but definitely more energetic to drive. The best mod I have done to my car by a mile..........
Old 01-04-2015, 04:31 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
Cheers Macca - I will return the favour to those in need (when I get a car one day.........)
Here's some 993 love in the meantime...
Attached Images  
Old 01-04-2015, 04:33 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Very nice Pete. Did you catch that yourself in Dusseldorf?
Old 01-04-2015, 05:08 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Very nice Pete. Did you catch that yourself in Dusseldorf?
Classic Remise in Berlin - very cool classic car museum/sales/workshop/hobbyist cooperative type place. Here's the interior - crap photo but there was light coming from all directions.
Attached Images  
Old 01-04-2015, 05:45 AM
CS Mende
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Not too much to fear John - I'm not group leader on Wednesday and Paul won't be chasing me so it should be at a pace that doesn't threaten stomach contents lol...
I rear my head after a couple of months at the wrong moment! I am looking forward to piloting this time.
Old 01-04-2015, 05:48 AM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

I'm liking those 993 seats - very tasteful..............
Old 01-04-2015, 10:25 AM
peterC2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kiwi 911
I'm liking those 993 seats - very tasteful..............
There was a mountain of tasty stuff there - will post more pics when back. A polar silver 6spd 993 was for sale at €59.5k - had RUF wheels and looked like a new muffler set but otherwise looked standard. Those seats were the nicest I've seen in a 993 and looked just right - slightly deeper red than Doug's but I was thinking how perfect the RS60 would look with that style...

LaFerrari, BMW edrive, old Diablo & Countach, McLaren, beautiful pair of Shelbys - one set up for track/Targa and the other in pristine original condition and dozens of classics from all Marques . Spent a few hours there but could have stayed all day.
Old 01-04-2015, 02:29 PM
shiraz
Racer

Meeting point ,hammer & head of nail...NZ First police spokesman Ron Mark said the toll was evidence the zero-tolerance speed campaign was a "failed experiment" and accused the police and the Government of "stealth taxation" via speeding fines.

"It has precious police resources sucked up making good drivers feel like criminals instead of focusing on those driving too fast, too slowly or too badly," he said
from www.stuff.co.nz
Old 01-04-2015, 02:40 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

So good to see common sense may prevail. I hope the media run with this and make a big stink of it. My observation is that people are spending far too much time looking at heir instruments rather than the road and Ive found myself doing the same. As for alcohol playing a big part in the 2014 holiday stats, I cant really comment - didnt appear to me it affected more than one or two incidents reported but they have recently cut the level by half so that looks like a failed strategy too and someone should run with that.
Old 01-04-2015, 02:40 PM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Excellent. I sent a link from an excellent article on the subject of zero tolerance speed limits from my second favourite website (Whaleoil) to the minister of police. This followed up one I sent prior to Xmas to which they responded that it was the responsibility of the Police to get the road toll down and such measures were necessary.......
Old 01-04-2015, 02:47 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by shiraz
Meeting point ,hammer & head of nail...NZ First police spokesman Ron Mark said the toll was evidence the zero-tolerance speed campaign was a "failed experiment" and accused the police and the Government of "stealth taxation" via speeding fines. "It has precious police resources sucked up making good drivers feel like criminals instead of focusing on those driving too fast, too slowly or too badly," he said from www.stuff.co.nz
I've been following discussions on a number of blogs and there is vocal support for respecting the limit and the Police focus on speeding. However, none so far seem to be able to articulate why it's good, except that breaking the law is bad.

I feel for the families who have lost loved ones. What I don't see the causal link between policing main highways to 104km/hr in daylight and their deaths.

Jan 4: A passenger who was thrown from the back of a utility vehicle onto rocks in Raglan on Boxing Day died in hospital.
Jan 3: Anthony Clifford Sparrow, 50, of Ashburton, died when his motorbike left the road on SH73.

Jan 2: Garry Andrew Wendt, 68, from Ngaruawahia, died in Hamilton after three vehicles crashed.

Jan 2: Martin Cadden, 22, died after he lost control of his car and hit a tree in Canterbury.

Jan 1: Paul Ruben Kasper Kapica, 24, from Kerikeri, died after the vehicle he was driving rolled on Papamoa Beach, Bay of Plenty.

Jan 1: Lavi Taimani, 22, was a passenger in a car that crashed into a pole on Auckland's Southern Motorway. She died at the scene.

Dec 31: A 50-year-old man died after crashing his motorbike in sand dunes at Port Waikato.

Dec 30: Chilyoung Kim and Young-Mo Sang, both 59, from Seoul, South Korea, died after their car crashed off a single-lane bridge in Westland.

Dec 29: A 61-year-old woman was killed when a car and a truck collided on SH1 at Greta Valley in Canterbury.

Dec 28: Two people died after a collision between a car and milk tanker in the Bay of Plenty.

Dec 28: A 56-year-old motorcyclist died after a crash near Hurunui.

Dec 27: Jamie Shane Webb, 25, was electrocuted after a car crashed into a power pole on a rural road in Glentui, Canterbury.

Dec 26: Kevin Keane of Timaru died after the rental car he was driving collided with another car in the Bay of Plenty.

Dec 26: Pengxiao Tao, 22, known as Jessica, died after a campervan and car collided on the Athol Five Rivers Highway in Southland.
Old 01-04-2015, 02:58 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 366 Posts

So good to see common sense may prevail. I hope the media run with this and make a big stink of it. My observation is that people are spending far too much time looking at heir instruments rather than the road and Ive found myself doing the same. As for alcohol playing a big part in the 2014 holiday stats, I cant really comment - didnt appear to me it affected more than one or two incidents reported but they have recently cut the level by half so that looks like a failed strategy too and someone should run with that.
I went to a Christmas BBQ for Donna's workplace and struck up a conversation with a school driving instructor teaching decile 1 school kids. Apparently the level of non compliance for traffic laws is far higher than I imagined in some communities. Unlicensed drivers driving non rego and non WOF cars.

Take away my non existent license - who gives a f$&k, fine me - same reaction. Take or impound my $500 car - same reaction. You get the idea, only people who obey the law are worried about compliance.
Old 01-04-2015, 03:11 PM
Spokes
Rennlist Member

Received 314 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
I went to a Christmas BBQ for Donna's workplace and struck up a conversation with a school driving instructor teaching decile 1 school kids. Apparently the level of non compliance for traffic laws is far higher than I imagined in some communities. Unlicensed drivers driving non rego and non WOF cars.

Take away my non existent license - who gives a f$&k, fine me - same reaction. Take or impound my $500 car - same reaction. You get the idea, only people who obey the law are worried about compliance.
Exactly, and there are amazing statistics that only the law abiding people who make the small mistake of a traffic misdemeanour pay their fines!

Also rule of flying (VFR) 80% looking out the window, 20% looking at the instruments. Now we drive cars 80% looking at the speedo!

S
Old 01-04-2015, 04:26 PM
kiwi 911
Rennlist Member

Usually I hate driving slower than the speed limit. Travelling at 85-90kph for extended periods of time would normally be a guaranteed way of getting me ****ty.........

However - maybe it's a sign of old age, but I had no issues travelling at these speed this year. The roads did feel safer.

There are 2 ways you can read those stat's - another way is to say that the stronger policing of speed worked as evidenced by the very few deaths associated with speeding, if it was open slather this year and everyone did 120, maybe there would be a dozen more fatalities on the list??

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?