Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 07:51 PM
Ralf G
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John McM
If swearing was required, Jono is the man! What's the prognosis?
All done , new rotors, new pads, calipers bled. front left wheel swapped with rear left. fluids checked. She is ready to go next Saturday.
Old 08-08-2014, 07:53 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Ralf G
All done , new rotors, new pads, calipers bled. front left wheel swapped with rear left. fluids checked. She is ready to go next Saturday.
Fantastic work Ralf. Jono's a rough diamond but I think we should get him to do future work, especially as he knows the car and is so close by. Plus he's a cheap as chips
Old 08-08-2014, 08:01 PM
Ralf G
Instructor

Fantastic work Ralf. Jono's a rough diamond but I think we should get him to do future work, especially as he knows the car and is so close by. Plus he's a cheap as chips
Totally agree, Jono is the man for BB repair work.
It would be a nightmare to repair something like this in front of Chris's garage with a small tool box. It was a smart idea to bring it in to Jono, he has the tools, does a good job and is affordable(polite for cheap as chips).
Old 08-08-2014, 09:16 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Good buy Luke. I will ask Jon P about it see if he knows much next time I see him at the pub for Friday drinks, since powerhaus serviced it too. Or if you want pm me with you email and mobile and I can tell you time.place and you can come down and get the story for yourself. A few other Pcar boys normally about
Old 08-08-2014, 09:50 PM
gt38088
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

http://www.ferdinandmagazine.com/

something to aspire to....
Attached Images  
Old 08-08-2014, 11:07 PM
ChrisB_NZ
Racer

Originally Posted by Ralf G
Thanks Ralf, looks like she was a bit sad, not wonder there was smoke coming off her when John came in! I've caught up with Matt and he will take the 3rd slot next weekend. I will be there anyway and if there is a space for a 7th run I might try and sneak one in.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:11 PM
ChrisB_NZ
Racer

The tyres are holding up remarkably well. The lefts are taking the beating as usual for HD but not in the way our track tyres do. They are getting furry on the rear of the tread block but have plenty of meat. Probably our biggest problem will be flat spotting. We have changed the right sides front to back as the front was flat spotted. Now the vibration has moved aft. A new set of tyres is $500 but I wouldn't recommend that until we've refined our driving style, otherwise we will stuff a new set.

One thought for later, a very unformed thought right now , and only if others were in agreement, is to enter BB in a 2kcup race with the two fastest drivers, right now Chris and Pete, representing RSG.

We could make a day of it. Some provide support and others fire up the BBQ. Based on the other 2k cup cars those two were passing on Playday I think they'd do well.
I'm happy to sit out and let someone else have a run and be on the helping side. The fun is being out there and racing and I've already got a fair bit of that lined up over the summer. The idea of 2 cars out there is the ultimate, its always about races within races and while an overall win is a great thrill, BB isn't an absolute front runner, so to be able to race another RSG member would be a heap of fun IMHO.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:29 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by gt38088
http://www.ferdinandmagazine.com/

something to aspire to....
Interesting article Graeme. They run restricted, use a 997.2 GT3RS as a base by the looks with a backdate to 5 lugs (the early GT3 CLs have proven to be a nightmare maintenance/reliability wise for competition) and put a sequential in there?

I look forward to finding out how they go.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:40 PM
Runtothehills
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so john how is the 944 in the flesh? looks a good one budget wise if it's the s2 with the big 3.0 and would almost have me tempted as a track dedicated manual car myself. would have no interior on day 2 except for extinguisher and race seat. If it's getting 1.23 now then a crash diet would get it a second quicker surely. then what?

are pete and chris both running with the 2.5 or 3.0 variants?
Old 08-09-2014, 12:10 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Runtothehills
so john how is the 944 in the flesh? looks a good one budget wise if it's the s2 with the big 3.0 and would almost have me tempted as a track dedicated manual car myself. would have no interior on day 2 except for extinguisher and race seat. If it's getting 1.23 now then a crash diet would get it a second quicker surely. then what? are pete and chris both running with the 2.5 or 3.0 variants?
Sam, I only know the car from the Sprints. It was reliable and was running 1.23 on Z214s. I have put an auto bid that would be a bargain if I win but the reality is someone else will take it out. Right now I'm looking for BB 2 to carry on the battle with Doug. With only $2,000 at risk it may not end well
Old 08-09-2014, 12:20 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

I hope RSG will survive in its current format. I see with John talking retiring Herman for a 15K glass out respray after September, Doug & Lola off the road till end of the year, David probably not finished his project until end of Q1 2015, Matt looking at a near future gearbox rebuild on the GT3, Paul pulling the 993 from track duties after NITT and Chris, Pete and others entering the Porsche racing season from October - it could be a bit bare on the ground for participants by 2015! Alarming thought....

Lots of new people around here lately. Give RSG a go next time out at HD. Its a great experience and you can go at your own pace.Would be good to see you there :-)
Old 08-09-2014, 01:02 AM
O2GO
Drifting

John, as the prime organiser and enthusiast behind getting BB, you should take her in the 2kcup.
Old 08-09-2014, 01:17 AM
Ndewar
Instructor

Agree with you Doug. John should take bb into 2 k. Unless of course you want something faster John?
Old 08-09-2014, 01:31 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
I hope RSG will survive in its current format. I see with John talking retiring Herman for a 15K glass out respray after September, Doug & Lola off the road till end of the year, David probably not finished his project until end of Q1 2015, Matt looking at a near future gearbox rebuild on the GT3, Paul pulling the 993 from track duties after NITT and Chris, Pete and others entering the Porsche racing season from October - it could be a bit bare on the ground for participants by 2015! Alarming thought.... Lots of new people around here lately. Give RSG a go next time out at HD. Its a great experience and you can go at your own pace.Would be good to see you there :-)
RSG will absolutely survive, albeit with changes. The specific RSG events will likely be fewer but Porsche passion and friendships forged will keep it going in one form or another.
Old 08-09-2014, 01:36 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

M Power Experience.
BMW M Fascination Nordschleife.
The BMW M Fascination Nordschleife (Northern Loop) is just the training course for those who wish to put their racing driver qualities to the test and take the wheel on an absolute legend of a race track. The 73 bends of the "Green Hell" guarantee countless adrenaline kicks. Our BMW instructors have many years of experience on the Nordschleife and show you what really counts over the various sections of the 20.8-kilometre track - when the brake pads start glowing at Breidscheid Bridge, for example, or when you fight the centrifugal forces on the 180° bend of the Caracciola Carousel.
Overview of the course:
Evening before
• Individual arrival
• Instructions and theory of driving dynamics
• Dinner
• Overnight accommodation

Day 1
• Drive to Nordschleife
• Seating position, steering technique, handling
• Exclusive runs on individual sections of the Nordschleife
• Guided pace car laps
• Dinner
• Overnight accommodation

Day 2
• Drive to Nordschleife
• Exclusive runs on individual sections of the Nordschleife
• Guided pace car laps
• Snack
• Certificate presentation
• Individual departure

Subject to program changes

Training venue:
BMW M Fascination Nordschleife is held at the Nürburgring Nordschleife.
Nürburgring Nordschleife

Course duration/number of participants:
2 days (theory session on first evening) / max. 8 participants per group

Vehicles:
This training course uses a current BMW M model.
BMW M3 Coupé

Price includes:
Theory of driving dynamics, exclusive access to the Nordschleife, practical driving exercises, 2 overnight stays with full board in single room, team support, insurance

Requirements:
No previous experience is required for this training course.

Price:
2.950,00 EUR (BMW M3 Coupé)

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?