Notices

Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 04:59 AM
sp1ked
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug Hanna
Nice classic. If only it were a manual http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=764827943
I'm curious why this car has never sold. Been on and off for well over a year by my reckoning. Anyone know anything?
Old 08-09-2014, 05:05 AM
mjg
Pro

Originally Posted by sp1ked
I'm curious why this car has never sold. Been on and off for well over a year by my reckoning. Anyone know anything?
Last time I remember seeing it, it was listed at 55k, which is one reason.
Old 08-09-2014, 05:12 AM
sp1ked
Instructor

Originally Posted by mjg
Last time I remember seeing it, it was listed at 55k, which is one reason.
That's a great reason.
Old 08-09-2014, 05:26 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Unusual that a kit has come out for the 964. Not exactly a big market. http://www.twinkam.co.uk/shop/articl...aid%3DSC300%26
Old 08-09-2014, 05:39 AM
Ndewar
Instructor

If anyone has heard my car on the track I think you would agree it has pleasant sound mainly due to the centre delete Sharkwerks exhaust I ordered from America. When the car was being cleaned up this week a few of the welds were found to be failing in the exhaust after 18 months of usage. I emailed Sharkwerks and within hours was informed that a new one was being shipped and would arrive mid week. Now that's what I call service and would ask all who don't know Sharkwerks yo have a look at their products. Pretty good.

Having said this, I think we could have the welds repaired and maybe someone would like to give the repaired unit a go. Get back to me if you want.
Am tempted by the GMG sport headers for the GT3 . Look fabulous and supposed to give extra HP. Have to catch Macca.
Old 08-09-2014, 05:40 AM
Ndewar
Instructor

If anyone has heard my car on the track I think you would agree it has pleasant sound mainly due to the centre delete Sharkwerks exhaust I ordered from America. When the car was being cleaned up this week a few of the welds were found to be failing in the exhaust after 18 months of usage. I emailed Sharkwerks and within hours was informed that a new one was being shipped and would arrive mid week. Now that's what I call service and would ask all who don't know Sharkwerks yo have a look at their products. Pretty good.

Having said this, I think we could have the welds repaired and maybe someone would like to give the repaired unit a go. Get back to me if you want.
Am tempted by the GMG sport headers for the GT3 . Look fabulous and supposed to give extra HP. Have to catch Macca.
Old 08-09-2014, 06:04 AM
mjg
Pro

Originally Posted by Ndewar

That's great service. I bought a few RSS components from them before I found out Steve R was the local distributor and found them great to deal with. Would love to do their 3.9L engine upgrade on my car!

I wouldn't worry about catching Macca, you're already lapping a fair bit quicker than him, even rowing your own gears!
Old 08-09-2014, 06:09 AM
Maxem
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 14 Posts

Those frankenstein D90's make any car look good, aye John?
Attached Images  
Old 08-09-2014, 06:19 AM
KiwiSean
Pro

Originally Posted by John McM
Unusual that a kit has come out for the 964. Not exactly a big market. http://www.twinkam.co.uk/shop/articl...aid%3DSC300%26
Don't FVD have a package with chip too?
Old 08-09-2014, 06:54 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KiwiSean
Don't FVD have a package with chip too?
Not sure. This is the first time I've seen a ECU discussion on Rennlist in the 964 forum.
Old 08-09-2014, 08:41 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Neil. GMG look like they make some great stuff. Their headers are top shelf. I'm happy with the SHarkworks gear for the money though as you say.

Matt. Hard, Bro!
Old 08-09-2014, 08:57 AM
964X33
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote: Mmmm. If Max told you then probably best to take it with a grain of salt :-)

CCS told me about the Turbo. I just met Max on the street; don't know him from Adam but seemed a decent guy.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:20 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by NZ964C4
Quote: Mmmm. If Max told you then probably best to take it with a grain of salt :-) CCS told me about the Turbo. I just met Max on the street; don't know him from Adam but seemed a decent guy.
Max has been around a long time. Very good at what he does but a player. I quite like him - bit of a character and if he's actually serious about the 993turbo and not just wanting to find a home for it then let's get him on board he's a mover and a shaker and well connected to the Giltrap family etc good to have new blood....

Yes the 3.6T went to a car enthusiast known to CCS who already owns a few Porsches and a RS2. It was a private deal and should probably remain that way. I think it may possibly get more use by the new owner so may be seen out and about which would be nice...
Old 08-09-2014, 04:01 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Macca
Max has been around a long time. Very good at what he does but a player. I quite like him - bit of a character and if he's actually serious about the 993turbo and not just wanting to find a home for it then let's get him on board he's a mover and a shaker and well connected to the Giltrap family etc good to have new blood.... Yes the 3.6T went to a car enthusiast known to CCS who already owns a few Porsches and a RS2. It was a private deal and should probably remain that way. I think it may possibly get more use by the new owner so may be seen out and about which would be nice...
I suspect like property developers everything a car broker/dealer owns is 'inventory'. I don't keep tabs on the 993TT market but it's probably similar to the other premium air cooled prices where it would be an expensive day at the track if something went wrong. Personally, the one thing that would get up my nose at RSG would be someone joining with the explicit objective of marketing to us to provide/sell cars.

Speaking of selling, $210,000 for Masa's car equates to a UK landed price of £165,000. I'd say he received global market value. I hope it does get out more. Perhaps we'll even see at the concours as it has a real opportunity of winning, it was/is that good. The rough one is still at CCS, I'm not sure what is taking so long to fix there. Parts are not impossible to get but I'm noticing smaller parts not from the 964 pool are taking weeks to source e.g. Stone guard decals and the rear seat release buttons.
Old 08-09-2014, 04:23 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

On a completely different subject, my wife went out for an hour last night so I scurried off down to the man cave as soon as she was gone and worked on Herman. First up I put the passenger seat back in, then changed the wheels back to street tyres, then sorted out a wet headlight. Luckily, I've been adding random rubber pieces to my parts orders so had both seals in my spare parts stash. To those of you with condensation in your H4 lights do NOT try to polish the reflector. A well meaning mechanic did one of mine of the Turbo 3.6 and cost me $1,300 to get two new lights. I'm still trying to find out how to get the old reflector re-silvered, although I know where a good reflector is now

BTW a wet day at HD cleaned up the Z221. This pic is the left hand side after 4,000km and 5 track days.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Any Rennlisters from New Zealand?